Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no mention of "person(s) of interest".

Sadly, it seems pressure gravitates to this poor kid, even in his absence! Up to this point, I've really appreciated LE's and the family's "wall of silence," because it's given me confidence in their focus and self-discipline—which I've found remarkable. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to see a lot of threatening elements stirring up.

Early on, I was really concerned social media might put a crack in "the wall," but now, I'm more fearful of (I really, really, really hate to say it) political pressure.

A whole lot of folks resent the wall of silence and view it indicative of all sorts of negative things. I see the wall as a shield protecting a case that needs protecting the most. I sure hope the shield stays intact so this investigative machine can do its job and find Blaze. And if that means asking the media and well-meaning public figures for distance, I hope they provide it.

It was reported that they used both. I believe his mother was quotes as stating they had used cadaver dogs.

I believe it was the SAR team. I know someone on the team and was out there. That's all the info so I'm making the assumption that it was SAR and not cadaver. I believe they use bloodhounds.

“His body was found Tuesday at 2 PM.”

Where did someone read that the search was INITIATED then?

The OCSD press release, which is the only official information about this case, says "initiated". (It is posted back a few pages).

I think the KTLA journalist, in a typical hasty move to get the story online as quickly as possible, didn't clearly read the press release and went from "Initiated" to "found". This happens all the time, and is why I have a general disdain for most "journalists" these days. The internet has resulted in a complete lack of accuracy and standards. Sorry.. I'll get off my soap box now :)

I would hope so. Wouldn't LE alert the family just after finding him?

Depends on if they have a suspect in their sights. It is possible that they asked someone to post that as him so that no one would know BB's body had been found. I am VERY surprised that no one reported it. That means they were VERY careful not to broadcast anything on the radio, etc. His body would have been removed from the park without any media coverage, etc. Usually we know, relatively quickly, when a body is found.

This is sooooo sad.
Since the area had been searched extensively prior and with dogs, was his body brought back there?
I know there have been other cases where the exact location the body was ultimately found had been searched prior.

Why didn't LE come forward on camera to give this news and/or a press release!

Grrrrrr.....

sadly, it seems pressure gravitates to this poor kid, even in his absence! Up to this point, i've really appreciated le's and the family's "wall of silence," because it's given me confidence in their focus and self-discipline—which i've found remarkable. Unfortunately, i'm beginning to see a lot of threatening elements stirring up.

Early on, i was really concerned social media might put a crack in "the wall," but now, i'm more fearful of (i really, really, really hate to say it) political pressure.

A whole lot of folks resent the wall of silence and view it indicative of all sorts of negative things. I see the wall as a shield protecting a case that needs protecting the most. I sure hope the shield stays intact so this investigative machine can do its job and find blaze. And if that means asking the media and well-meaning public figures for distance, i hope they provide it.

huh??

This news hits hard :(.....just why??.....wonderful young man.
My deepest condolences to his parents and siblings.....

This has hit me hard. I'm crying and that does not happen often. Such a bright sweet young man with a life ahead of him with so many possibilities.

I'm sure someone has so more insight here ... but why would the driver tell the police that he took him to the park if he killed him and left his body?? That puts him at the crime scene.

I'm hoping this doesn't get deleted and maybe a mod will just snip if it's not appropriate (I'm sorry!!) ... there was a very odd post on the HFBB page yesterday about an hour before they are now reporting his body was found. May be completely unrelated but it's suspicious.

ORANGE COUNTY

SSO N. FLO\VER STREET
s.\NTA ANA. CA 927n3
71+.ii+7.7r)rlo

NEWS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Public Information Manager Carrie Braun:
W: 714-647-7042
C: 714-904-7042

Body found in Borrego Park ID'd as missing 19-year-old
LAKE FOREST, Ca. (Jan. 10, 2018) - The body of a 19-year-old man found in Borrego Park by Orange
County Sheriffs investigators has been identified as missing person Blaze Bernstein.

Bernstein was last seen at about 1 1 p.m. on Jan. 2, and was reported missing by his family to Sheriff's
Department investigators on Jan. 3.

Approximately 25 members of the Sheriffs Department Search and Rescue Team surveyed the park and
adjacent wilderness area Whiting Ranch on Friday Jan. 5, Saturday, Jan. 6, and Sunday, Jan. 7, as
investigators actively worked the case.

On Tuesday afternoon, at approximately 2 p-m., a search of the Foothill Ranch park was initiated by Sheriff's
investigators. Bernstein's body was discovered in the brush surrounding the park.

This case is now being investigated as a homicide. An autopsy will be perfomaed today. No additional
information regarding the cause of death or the condition of the body will be released at this time.

Sheriff's investigators are actively following multiple leads, but no suspect is in custody.

The investigation into this case is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Orange
County Sheriffs Department at 714-647-7000. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Orange County
Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS.

###

This is from @OCSD Twitter account. Have trouble with the actual link on my phone. RIP Blaze
I'm deeply, deeply sorry he's gone.

Well this is really scary for us OC folks if this was from a hookup site because that means there's a killer on the loose. Possible serial killer. That's guy on FB must have been telling the truth when he said LE came into his place of employment with a photo of Blaze and two other men asked if he had recognized them or had been there.

I think the HS friend and an accomplice lured him out there with a fake hook up to kill him. Motivated by jealousy because of his affluence and brilliance, sheer hatred and possibly homophobia. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members