Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is really scary for us OC folks if this was from a hookup site because that means there's a killer on the loose. Possible serial killer. That's guy on FB must have been telling the truth when he said LE came into his place of employment with a photo of Blaze and two other men asked if he had recognized them or had been there.

I missed that ... can you share more on it? Someone said they came into his workplace?

I think the HS friend and an accomplice lured him out there with a fake hook up to kill him. Motivated by jealousy because of his affluence and brilliance, sheer hatred and possibly homophobia. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your right

This is awful news. I hope his parents can feel some sense of closure as what happened to Blaze that night is finally established.

Rest in Peace Young Man.

Prayers and Hugs for the Bernstein Family.

A life with much promise taken way too soon. This is just so heart wrenching!

Well this is really scary for us OC folks if this was from a hookup site because that means there's a killer on the loose. Possible serial killer. That's guy on FB must have been telling the truth when he said LE came into his place of employment with a photo of Blaze and two other men asked if he had recognized them or had been there.

I think it's far too early to know if that's what happened. It's a very valid theory, but there are also many other possible explanations. I would resist jumping to conclusions until we get more facts.

I think the driver is not a suspect. I think BB was meeting someone random, it’s likely this random was not the person they portrayed they were on whatever app they met BB. Friend left after BB never showed back up, returned at 4am because he was worried, but then convinced himself BB was fine and got a ride home. If this is the case, the perp has to live nearby or would have to have transportation near. Even if the perp lied about his identity I’m surprised police haven’t been able to track IP address or released camera footage of the area.

If it is the driver I’m surprised police haven’t moved yet....

Yes, I reached out to him and asked where he works and if they were indeed at his place of employment however he never responded .

That's probably why HS friend name not released because like I said before he was a suspect

uh oh. That's scary.

Rest in peace, dear Blaze. I'm so sorry.

I cannot for the life of me imagine how they managed to recover a body yesterday without anyone knowing... wouldn't all the usual people and vehicles be there?

Found in the brush surrounding the park?? How could they have missed that? I am a local and that park isn't huge (nor tiny) but with multiple searches and the drones, I am just...smh.

Very sad news. Rest in peace Blaze.Condolences.After reading the news I lighted a white candle in memory of Blaze.

Depends on if they have a suspect in their sights. It is possible that they asked someone to post that as him so that no one would know BB's body had been found. I am VERY surprised that no one reported it. That means they were VERY careful not to broadcast anything on the radio, etc. His body would have been removed from the park without any media coverage, etc. Usually we know, relatively quickly, when a body is found.

This is a good point. Also, there were reports that the police were out there last night. No coroners office, etc? I'm wondering if they didn't find the body until later and maybe all that was done overnight

There was a lady on FB that mentioned her son and his friends were at the park “hanging out in the trees” between the hours of like 9:30-11:30pm. I don’t know their ages. Cops questioned them but I assume they’re younger teens - kind of strange.

I missed that ... can you share more on it? Someone said they came into his workplace?

I read it a few days on help find Blaze FB in one of the comments. People didn't think he was truthful because he could say the name of the business. He only said he worked at a business in the area of the park. I believed him why make it up.

ORANGE COUNTY

SSO N. FLO\VER STREET
s.\NTA ANA. CA 927n3
71+.ii+7.7r)rlo

NEWS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Public Information Manager Carrie Braun:
W: 714-647-7042
C: 714-904-7042

Body found in Borrego Park ID'd as missing 19-year-old
LAKE FOREST, Ca. (Jan. 10, 2018) - The body of a 19-year-old man found in Borrego Park by Orange
County Sheriffs investigators has been identified as missing person Blaze Bernstein.

Bernstein was last seen at about 1 1 p.m. on Jan. 2, and was reported missing by his family to Sheriff's
Department investigators on Jan. 3.

Approximately 25 members of the Sheriffs Department Search and Rescue Team surveyed the park and
adjacent wilderness area Whiting Ranch on Friday Jan. 5, Saturday, Jan. 6, and Sunday, Jan. 7, as
investigators actively worked the case.

On Tuesday afternoon, at approximately 2 p-m., a search of the Foothill Ranch park was initiated by Sheriff's
investigators. Bernstein's body was discovered in the brush surrounding the park.

This case is now being investigated as a homicide. An autopsy will be perfomaed today. No additional
information regarding the cause of death or the condition of the body will be released at this time.

Sheriff's investigators are actively following multiple leads, but no suspect is in custody.

The investigation into this case is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Orange
County Sheriffs Department at 714-647-7000. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Orange County
Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS.

###

This is from @OCSD Twitter account. Have trouble with the actual link on my phone. RIP Blaze
OMG, NNNNNOOOOO!!!!!!

Be back later. Tears.

Well, I sure don't think Blaze ran out into the wilderness or they would have found him in the wilderness. He was found in the park in some bushes. So, imo we heard more untruths either from the reporter or the driver/friend.

I think we will see an arrest very very soon.

I believe there was a lot of information withheld from the public.

If it is the driver I’m surprised police haven’t moved yet....

Agreed. If it were the driver, I think they would have taken him into custody already and announced that fact.

I suppose it's still possible that the driver could be a person of interest or suspect and they do not have enough evidence yet for an arrest, but I think there's more to this.

I read it a few days on help find Blaze FB in one of the comments. People didn't think he was truthful because he could say the name of the business. He only said he worked at a business in the area of the park. I believed him why make it up.

I'm confused! The police came into his workplace and asked him if he had seen Blaze? I didn't understand the rest about the 2 other guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88