Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday afternoon it was raining hard in the Foothill Ranch area, so there must have been some good intel for OCSD to be searching at that time. Also, the Whiting Park area is so expansive with brush with so many areas where a body could be hiding.

Found in the brush surrounding the park?? How could they have missed that? I am a local and that park isn't huge (nor tiny) but with multiple searches and the drones, I am just...smh.

Someone told them where to look?

Is it at all plausible someone put him there at a much later date? Or do you think no one would dare try? Maybe Blaze hasn't been there since Tuesday? Just brainstorming....

Found in the brush surrounding the park?? How could they have missed that? I am a local and that park isn't huge (nor tiny) but with multiple searches and the drones, I am just...smh.

I agree. It’s a small park. My daughter went to elementary school right there, she played soccer at that park and I picked her up in that parking lot everyday. It’s mind boggling that it took them a week to find him - then again, it takes OCSD 5 cars to do one patrol stop, so I’m not surprised. It’s one of the safest cities in the nation, so they were probably left twiddling their thumbs as far as what they were actually supposed to do in this type of situation IMO

His body was found in the middle of the day yesterday. Wow! Explains why they were searching the park last night and why it was closed off to the public. It doesn't sound like he was found too far from where he was last seen. This is one of the reasons why I don't have faith in SAR dogs (I know I am in the minority on this one.) RIP Blaze. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

That would explain the father's "raw" comment about making a donation to a cause in Blaze's name they started yesterday. My heart, like everyone else's here, is just broken. Rest in peace, Blaze. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Bernstein family and friends.

I'm sure someone has so more insight here ... but why would the driver tell the police that he took him to the park if he killed him and left his body?? That puts him at the crime scene.

I'm hoping this doesn't get deleted and maybe a mod will just snip if it's not appropriate (I'm sorry!!) ... there was a very odd post on the HFBB page yesterday about an hour before they are now reporting his body was found. May be completely unrelated but it's suspicious.

Is this the gift post?

I'm confused! The police came into his workplace and asked him if he had seen Blaze? I didn't understand the rest about the 2 other guys

The guy said they showed him a picture of Blaze and 1-2 other guys to see if he had seen them......

I think I understand timing now. Search initiated at 2 PM yesterday. Body found and identified at some unspecified time after that. Presumably family notified sometime after dad’s 7 pm FB post last night. Discovery and ID could have occurred overnight. I’d like to think it was late last night as I thought I read somewhere that officers at park yesterday evening were in good spirits, which I would hope would not have been the case if they had just found a body.

Yesterday afternoon it was raining hard in the Foothill Ranch area, so there must have been some good intel for OCSD to be searching at that time. Also, the Whiting Park area is so expansive with brush with so many areas where a body could be hiding.

He was found in Borrego Park. Is that another name for Whiting Park?

BB wasn't found in Whiting Ranch, but at Borrego Park (the neighborhood park where it all started).

Maybe in the brush down the slope leading down to the trail that goes into Whiting Ranch.

They searched that park several times, how was his body missed for so many days???

have you ever done a search before? I have, several times. Believe me, they are extremely thorough. Do you know how long it takes to do a small area? I do- five miles long into the woods, 1/10 mile wide- several hours. We were arms length spread out. We combed every bit of ground and streams with a fine tooth comb- cigarette butts were collected, candy wrappers, pieces of cloth similar to the clothing of the victim. Do you know that every time someone finds a piece of evidence, the entire search team come to a complete stop, standing in complete silence, while evidence is marked and bagged?

Don't question their search, please. They found him, didn't they?

That would explain the father's "raw" comment about making a donation to a cause in Blaze's name they started yesterday. My heart, like everyone else's here, is just broken. Rest in peace, Blaze. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Bernstein family and friends.

Yes about giving donations to a cause to help others. It's makes sense now. How very sad. He had so much to look forward to in his young life. He was really going places RIP Blaze Bernstein gone but not forgotten [emoji1317]❤️

The guy said they showed him a picture of Blaze and 1-2 other guys to see if he had seen them......

I read it too, I can't find it anymore. Maybe a mod deleted it?

If the body had been moved back to the park, it would be so that the driver would be seen as the main suspect.
On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if he actually is. But I just can't figure out why they didn't find him in all their searches. So strange.

<modsnip>

just thinking outloud if i may....even if it's rather strange...

when using streetview to walk the park there is an image (maybe a selfie???) of 2 teen boys in amongst the trees...fwiw.

Ahh ok, I see where my confusion is! Asked if he had seen Blaze and 1-2 other people .... I was misinterpreting that to mean he and 1-2 other guys were questioned!

RIP Blaze. So sorry for his family and friends

I am so upset by this. I was hoping for a better outcome. I had a thought. If the friend made these plans on Snapchat with a group of people then how come after Blaze went missing this person wouldn’t have gone back to the group Snapchat and said where’s Blaze? We went out and he disappeared. The entire driver changing stories so many times and the way no one is talking and so defensive about the driver makes me wonder. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni