Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why his friend Lily was removed as a admin from the page?

Maybe she wasn't removed but rather stepped down and left the page because of all the overwhelming comments about Blaze's death that she would be getting tons of notifications for. I'm sure it's a terrible feeling to hear about your best friend's death and possible murder. She probably doesn't need constant reminders of that right now and it's likely a painful time for her, especially if she was the last person he sent that text to at 11:30.

So very sad. Heartfelt thoughts and condolences to Blaze's family and all who loved him.

Rest in Peace Blaze, dear young man.
:rose: :rose: :rose:

Maybe she wasn't removed but rather stepped down and left the page because of all the overwhelming comments about Blaze's death that she would be getting tons of notifications for. I'm sure it's a terrible feeling to hear about your best friend's death and possible murder. She probably doesn't need constant reminders of that right now and it's likely a painful time for her, especially if she was the last person he sent that text to at 11:30.

She hasn't been an admin for at least a day or two (I know she wasn't yesterday). I can only imagine it became very overwhelming for her.

<modsnip>

it took along time to go through the drone footage. They could have seen something in the footage and gone back to investigate it?

My comment here is in agreement to the person I quoted that dad didn&#8217;t know last night ...and as I added or as of 7am his morning.

Very possible that they didn't find him until this morning and then put out the press release as soon as they could, which explains the posts from the father.

LE was able to go into the park/surrounding brush to recover him, with all their resources -- unobserved, with NO media coverage.

That means either 1) they've had an impressive handle on keeping the investigation out of the media, or 2) by nature, that place and its access is just really, really obscured.

I am at a loss. My only thought is everyone thought a good place to hide a body would be Whiting Ranch Park, not Borrego Park. Hiding in plain sight?

As for the topography of Borrego park. It sits on a flat piece of land with very few bushes and trees in the actual park. The trees that are there are young. The library sits even with the park. Everything else around it is either higher (the school) or lower. There is a steep slope of brush going down to a major street along one side. A steep slope of brush along the backside that leads to the shopping center (the footpath is here) and manicured, large bushes between the school and the park. The brush on two sides isn't particularly dense. It is dry with not a lot of green this time of year. There are sprinklers to it though and cement drainage in some areas. I can't for the life of me figure out what would have to be done to hide a body in there. I am in shock that he was at the park all along. I guarantee kids were in that park Monday after school. School gets out at 2:45.

If Blaze went into the park to meet someone, then that person had to have known that park just as well as he did to meet up.

Rest in Peace Blaze. You were a wonderful beacon of the artistic spirit.

Very possible that they didn't find him until this morning and then put out the press release as soon as they could, which explains the posts from the father.

On Tuesday afternoon, at approximately 2 p.m., a search of the park in Lake Forest was initiated by sheriff's investigators. Bernstein's body was discovered in the brush, officials said.

Someone posted last night, about a helicopter and some activity around the playground. She was sending her husband out.

A post said very specifically that he was found yesterday, in the park where he went missing. Sad ending, I will wait for LE to complete their investigation and determine the circumstances.

LE was able to go into the park/surrounding brush to recover him, with all their resources -- unobserved, with NO media coverage.

That means either 1) they've had an impressive handle on keeping the investigation out of the media, or 2) by nature, that place and its access is just really, really obscured.

The park (from what I know) is not obscured. What seems more likely to me, they didn't find the body until late in the night (or found it but kept it under wraps). This is a very suburban area and it's definitely possible that it could have been done in the cover of night. It's not a high traffic area, etc at night. I believe that everything, including the grocery store in the shopping center below is all closed after 11 or 12.

I am at a loss. My only thought is everyone thought a good place to hide a body would be Whiting Ranch Park, not Borrego Park. Hiding in plain sight?

As for the topography of Borrego park. It sits on a flat piece of land with very few bushes and trees in the actual park. The trees that are there are young. The library sits even with the park. Everything else around it is either higher (the school) or lower. There is a steep slope of brush going down to a major street along one side. A steep slope of brush along the backside that leads to the shopping center (the footpath is here) and manicured, large bushes between the school and the park. The brush on two sides isn't particularly dense. It is dry with not a lot of green this time of year. There are sprinklers to it though and cement drainage in some areas. I can't for the life of me figure out what would have to be done to hide a body in there. I am in shock that he was at the park all along. I guarantee kids were in that park Monday after school. School gets out at 2:45.
Thanks for this, SoCalRes.

Thanks for this! This is my knowledge of the park as well and I keep thinking the same about kids, etc on Monday.

Ok found it. Thanks luckylis! (10:44 is eastern, she posted this at 7:44pm Pacific):

Yesterday, 10:44 PM#644 luckylis

I live in the area...helicopter overhead now.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...&p=13855876&highlight=helicopter#post13855876

Also thanks to SoCalRes:

Yesterday, 10:53 PM#655 SoCalRes

I don't hear the helicopter. Husband said several sheriff's cars at Foothill Ranch Elementary school and Borrego Park. Cops look relaxed, chatting with each other. No news vans that he saw.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Forest-2-Jan-2018-2&p=13855902#post13855902

The park (from what I know) is not obscured. What seems more likely to me, they didn't find the body until late in the night (or found it but kept it under wraps). This is a very suburban area and it's definitely possible that it could have been done in the cover of night. It's not a high traffic area, etc at night. I believe that everything, including the grocery store in the shopping center below is all closed after 11 or 12.
So that area basically "goes dark" at "closing time." I also think whoever's responsible knew this area well.

If Blaze went into the park to meet someone, then that person had to have known that park just as well as he did to meet up.

I just question that whole story. Of course, I realize with all the different stories surrounding the park, the bathroom, the running off, etc. done by reporters, the reporting in itself makes the story suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong