Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernstein may have been planning to sexually pursue Woodward, according to a 16-page search warrant affidavit obtained by The Orange County Register.

Bernstein texted two female friends about a June interaction with Woodward, according to the document. Bernstein wrote that Woodward was about to “hit on me” and “he made me promise not to tell anyone.”
Bernstein was visiting his family in the community of Lake Forest, 50 miles (80 kilometers) southeast of Los Angeles, during winter break. Woodward picked him up on Jan. 2 and drove with him to several places before they wound up at a park, authorities said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...bf0da31214d_story.html?utm_term=.a63074561ab2

Yes, but that article (and also the OC Register ones to date) don't say anything about the text that BB sent a female friend on the night of the murder. I think that's what those earlier posts were alluding to. JMO.

Yes, but that doesn't say anything about the text that BB sent a female friend on the night of the murder. I think that's what those earlier posts were alluding to. JMO.

Correct. As to the 11:30 pm SMS to a female friend, we haven't gotten any details on what that message did or didn't contain.

Are you trying to say that the sentence "Bernstein may have been planning to sexually pursue Woodward...." came from that 11:30 PM SMS?

I personally have no idea how the press came to this conclusion - they haven't tied that together other than to say "according to a ...search warrant". I don't see the June 2017 texts as related to that conclusion but rather the one that BB outed SW.

I don't think anyone is victim blaming or trying to say in any way that BB deserved what happened to him.

He was murdered. We are trying to figure out a motive in SW's eyes. SW killed him for what HE thought was a reason. We are trying to figure out what HE thought that reason was, in his eyes. It doesn't mean when we come up with an idea that any of us are saying it was justified. It's not. BB is the victim. SW is the arrested suspect.

We are trying to work at getting to why BB was a victim. IMO.

I agree.

I think that is just acne on his face. He looks exhausted and mentally out of it to me.

Correct. As to the 11:30 pm SMS to a female friend, we haven't gotten any details on what that message did or didn't contain.

Are you trying to say that the sentence "Bernstein may have been planning to sexually pursue Woodward...." came from that 11:30 PM SMS?

I personally have no idea how the press came to this conclusion - they haven't tied that together other than to say "according to a ...search warrant". I don't see the June 2017 texts as related to that conclusion but rather the one that BB outed SW.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the contents of that 11/11:30pm text have been alleged on social media but that there has been no official confirmation or MSM report and hence they cannot be discussed here.

Why would you continue to hang out with someone who made advances towards you that you didn't like. Especially at night with sleeping bags?

MM reporting June BB texted "Woodward is about to hit on me?" Yet to happen.

MM has yet to report the date of "made advances." Date pieces rather they hung out after or did not.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the contents of that 11/11:30pm text have been alleged on social media but that there has been no official confirmation or MSM report and hence they cannot be discussed here.

Gotcha... and totally agree!

As was clarified and discussed at length on the previous thread, the Philly News article made a mistake when they transposed the information from the OCR article. They accidentally transposed the names of the victim and suspect.

Please use the OC Register articles for your source of truth as to what was or wasn't in the affidavits. As others have mentioned these are the reporters with connections to the LE and the OC Courts

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ego-park-case-being-investigated-as-homicide/

I agree.

Washington Post snippet was showing a well known national newspaper is stating information source as Orange County Register. Based on hearsay rules of legal evidence, OC Register is the first hand knowledge, eye witness.

MM reporting June BB texted "Woodward is about to hit on me?" Yet to happen.

MM has yet to report the date of "made advances." Date pieces rather they hung out after or did not.

I think it's safe to say from what we know so far, regardless of what twists and turns their relationship took in the past several years since they were at high school together, on the night of Jan. 2nd, BB felt comfortable enough to exchange msgs with SW, get in his car, and go wherever they went and do whatever they did before the night turned violent.

Did SW really want to be with BB romantically, or was it all a sham to do him harm? That is the question & I'm thinking we may never know unless he wrote it in his computer as a tweet to friend or just a diary kind of thing or whatever else. We certainly may never know. It does seem that SW was planning an ambush, IMO, but that's all I think I should say until we know more facts...

I think it's safe to say from what we know so far, regardless of what twists and turns their relationship took in the past several years since they were at high school together, on the night of Jan. 2nd, BB felt comfortable enough to exchange msgs with SW, get in his car, and go wherever they went and do whatever they did before the night turned violent.

And yet, despite the supposed comfort level before they went out, SW decided to bring some sort of weapon (probably a knife) with him for use later. Or was it just incidental that he had a weapon to use, when things went wrong? I don't think whatever happened was by chance. I think SW planned the outcome, and had the tool ready to reach his outcome. I also see it as a crime of passion between 2 gay men, and not a hate crime.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ng-could-be-hate-crime-suspect-used-gay-slur/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“In a 16-page search warrant affidavit obtained by the Orange County Register, “

(That same 16 page sw affidavit again!)

“Woodward, 20, of Newport Beach, told investigators he pushed Bernstein away and wanted to call him a “******,” according to the affidavit. Detectives noted that Woodward clenched his jaw and fists when telling them how he felt.”

“The affidavit also quoted text conversations between Bernstein and a female friend last summer in which Bernstein wrote that he wanted to have sex with Woodward.

Bernstein also wrote that another friend referred to Woodward as “closeted … and he was telling the truth for once.””

From that link:

Woodward, 20, of Newport Beach, told investigators he pushed Bernstein away and wanted to call him a “******,” according to the affidavit. Detectives noted that Woodward clenched his jaw and fists when telling them how he felt.

The affidavit also quoted text conversations between Bernstein and a female friend last summer in which Bernstein wrote that he wanted to have sex with Woodward.

Bernstein also wrote that another friend referred to Woodward as “closeted … and he was telling the truth for once.”

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe it was just sheer jealousy -- BB was really on his way -- Penn's one of the best and BB was smart & talented enuff to get there. SW did not seem to be doing very well, although we don't know many details about what was going on with him. I'm not ruling out a hate crime yet.

So confusing, sorry if it’s just me. Here it says “Bernstein wanted to have sex with Woodward”? Did I miss that quote? I’m trying to stay up to date. TIA

MEDIA ADVISORY

*Please note: No additional information or interviews will be available prior to the news conference

WHO: Orange County District Attorney (OCDA) Tony Rackauckas

WHAT: Will hold a news conference announcing the filing decision for Samuel Lincoln Woodward in the murder of 19-year-old Blaze Bernstein.

WHEN: Tomorrow, Jan. 17, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. Doors will open at 8:30 a.m. for credentialed members of the press, OCDA staff, and invited guests. Embargoed copies of related materials will be available.

WHERE: First floor law library, OCDA’s Office, 401 Civic Center Drive W., Santa Ana, CA 92701

***************Watch remotely through Facebook Live at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From that link:

Woodward, 20, of Newport Beach, told investigators he pushed Bernstein away and wanted to call him a “******,” according to the affidavit. Detectives noted that Woodward clenched his jaw and fists when telling them how he felt.

The affidavit also quoted text conversations between Bernstein and a female friend last summer in which Bernstein wrote that he wanted to have sex with Woodward.

Bernstein also wrote that another friend referred to Woodward as “closeted … and he was telling the truth for once.”

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Very important part of the quote that I'm afraid is going to get lose. There is a BIG difference between wanted to and did. Frankly, I'm absolutely disgusted with the OCR, they are now clearly going for shock journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam