CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! This is the scenario surrounding the names. Thank you for digging on this!
On/Off topic - It appears Andrew Robert Harrod is no longer in Placentia, so he would not be one of the POI's listed in the current article??

IIRC, Andrew did live in Placentia at the time of Bob's disappearance. Perhaps he still owns the house, since his mortgage debt disappeared with Bob.

upload_2019-5-4_15-10-34.jpeg

JMHO YMMV LRR

IIRC, Andrew did live in Placentia at the time of Bob's disappearance. Perhaps he still owns the house, since his mortgage debt disappeared with Bob.

View attachment 182614

JMHO YMMV LRR
Yes, he did live in Placentia, and not that far from Bob and Fontelle's house. The current article states that the POIs are living in Placentia. I did a tiny search for Andrew, and he's no longer there. Unless, they're misleading us to keep the POIs' identities secret, I was eliminating him as a current POI.

There is a little news video at this link. It says daughter Roberta is funding a $50K reward leading to the arrest and conviction of Bob's murderer.

"A $50,000 reward is being offered nearly 10 years after the disappearance of a Placentia millionaire.
Roberta's hopes in a lead in the case turned to disappointment last month after two local residents who were arrested were released pending further investigation.

"They've been able to get a lot of information, which has led to these two individuals, and through a little bit more investigation, hopefully we will find out who is responsible for Mr. Harrod's disappearance and homicide," Placentia police Sgt. Joe Connell said.

Roberta is offering the reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction, with hopes that the reward will compel someone to come forward."

Family continues to search for answers decade after Placentia millionaire vanishes

Some think, possibly, hypothetically, in a crime-novel-writing sort of way, that people related to Roberta by blood or marriage may know more than they are telling....

I wouldn't mind someone proving me wrong at this point.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Some think, possibly, hypothetically, in a crime-novel-writing sort of way, that people related to Roberta by blood or marriage may know more than they are telling....

JMHO YMMV LRR
I agree. I've written several hypotheticals, since I read the recent article.

I find it interesting that no one has gone for the reward offered after all these years. It's a pretty healthy sum to have sat there for a decade.

I find it interesting that no one has gone for the reward offered after all these years. It's a pretty healthy sum to have sat there for a decade.

To most of us, indeed, a healthy sum.

Maybe someone recently received a significant financial windfall & is not money-hungry at this time? A million-dollar windfall? Perhaps.

JMHO YMMV LRR

The way I read the above article, I felt it was almost written as if to say this reward was a 'new' thing, ie "is being offered nearly 10 years after the disappearance".. even though many years ago there had already been a $50K reward offered. To my knowledge, I couldn't find anything from the 'original' reward that said 'who' was putting up the money, just that 'one of the daughters', or 'the daughters', were funding it. Now they are specifying that it is Roberta. (Please enlighten me if I am mistaken on this point).
Is it possible the original $50K reward was removed, and now has been reinstated?
Was Roberta the original funder of the reward, or was it more a shared initiative with her other sisters?
I wonder why it is just the *one* daughter at this time who is funding the reward offer? If it were me, I believe I would want to offer something (and especially considering I was presumably one of the beneficiaries of the healthy estate from the missing person in question), however even if I didn't *want* to, I would most certainly feel obligated to share that gesture with my sibling. jmo.

Yes, he did live in Placentia, and not that far from Bob and Fontelle's house. The current article states that the POIs are living in Placentia. I did a tiny search for Andrew, and he's no longer there. Unless, they're misleading us to keep the POIs' identities secret, I was eliminating him as a current POI.
It seems (from my research) that Andrew's parents are living in same place as their son. Do any of the daughters live in Placentia?

It seems (from my research) that Andrew's parents are living in same place as their son. Do any of the daughters live in Placentia?
Could you elaborate on this please? What exactly is your research showing, and what is your source?

Could you elaborate on this please? What exactly is your research showing, and what is your source?
I've gone looking, can't find my reference. I'm seeing the grandson in Yorba Linda.. along with his kids.. and wife.. think I may have gotten mixed up with which kids are with which parents or something.. because I thought I had seen that both Ju and Je were also in Yorba Linda, but can't find that now.. still showing Running Springs for them.

I've gone looking, can't find my reference. I'm seeing the grandson in Yorba Linda.. along with his kids.. and wife.. think I may have gotten mixed up with which kids are with which parents or something.. because I thought I had seen that both Ju and Je were also in Yorba Linda, but can't find that now.. still showing Running Springs for them.
Yes, that is what my information says too. Jeff and Julie, according to pics they'd posted in the past on another platform, have a really nice home in Running Springs.
The reason I asked for clarity, and the source, is that I had done a search on them when I first came back. I wanted to know where the major players ran off to while I was gone.
I figured that would tell me something.

During the fight over the estate, there was a dispute over their son's house, because of the money Bob was giving him. It seems like a lot of people had their hands and eyes on his money. Maybe, the house was absorbed into the estate when all was said and done? I didn't get info
on that stuff, because I had to step away, and deal with some of the things that popped up in my life at that time.

The reward has been around a long time. I suspected a couple of people were involved, and figured the money was
only a symbolic reward, as people in the know would never turn in the person/s they believed to have done it. It's related to one of the hypothetical true crime stories I have written in my head re: this case ...

Found the text-only version of J&J's wedding announcement here:
Arcadia Tribune from Arcadia, California on August 14, 1977 · Page 6

Thank you! Gotta love the scan errors -- Chapel of Hoses. :rolleyes:

What the Chapel of Roses looks like today:

Chapel of Roses — Prism Church

Love, love, love the 'ship' ceiling!!!

1977 surnames for the sisters.

Anyone else notice (yes, I probably mentioned this in 2010) that Julie is a traditionally feminine name, while the older sisters names' are diminutives of traditionally masculine names?

The sister offering the reward apparently named for her father, our missing Bob?

ETA: Chapel of Roses information

Last edited:

JMHO YMMV LRR
The police have gone on nationwide TV and said THE FAMILY IS NOT INVOLVED!! Why is that so hard to understand. Two people have been arrested pending further investigation. They just need to tie up some loose ends and you can be sure they will be re-arrested!
Here is the best newscast, so far, given on the story!
$50K Reward Offered in 2009 Killing of Placentia Man Who Vanished After Marrying High School Sweetheart

The police have gone on nationwide TV and said THE FAMILY IS NOT INVOLVED!! Why is that so hard to understand. Two people have been arrested pending further investigation. They just need to tie up some loose ends and you can be sure they will be re-arrested!
Here is the best newscast, so far, given on the story!
$50K Reward Offered in 2009 Killing of Placentia Man Who Vanished After Marrying High School Sweetheart
It's not so hard to understand. What's really difficult to understand is why it's been so difficult for you to understand why people would be suspicious of people who trashed a victim immediately after they go missing. They continued to do so, even knowing it made them look suspicious. It's tough to feel compassion, or sympathy for people who go out of their way to make it appear that they could have had some involvement. It's tough to feel compassion, or sympathy for people who expressed more concern for the victim's wallet, than for his widow.

You defended them from minute one. This is what's difficult to understand.

As we've been saying, it will be a relief for everyone involved to know it's not those that we suspected.

Maybe it would be easier to understand if you had ever been accused of something you didn't do (nothing so horrendous as any kind of crime) and just because you KNEW better felt you had the right to tell the truth about someone even though everyone else believed otherwise.

Maybe it would be easier to understand if you had ever been accused of something you didn't do (nothing so horrendous as any kind of crime) and just because you KNEW better felt you had the right to tell the truth about someone even though everyone else believed otherwise.
They hadn't been accused of anything by anyone. They came to that platform asking us for advice on what to do, and how to fine him, then proceeded to trash him. They were advised to speak to a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie