CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's starting to make sense. Sort of like reading between the lines but you actually have people's notes between them to help figure it out?

A dirty copy can be an agreement where this party tweeks this item and the next party tweeks the next item etc. Or if it is a transcript, there might be spelling errors etc. Eventually someone will type up a non written on/edited completed version of the agreement/doc. Sometimes a dirty copy is a non certified copy. I think he was looking for a dirty copy of the depo not the secret agreement, but I could be misinterpreting.

Thank you, LostOldUserName. Sorry to bug you but, any idea why someone would request a copy like that?

Get a headstart on the paperwork for the next part of the case. The certified copy is just a cleaned up version of what the dirty copy consists of.

GrainneDhu said it much more succinctly than I did, lol.

Thanks for the tip, Sparkyswife!

Do you think it strange that AH waited for LE to arrive before checking on Bob, even though he lived so close? Upthread, GrainneDhu posted about what she did the moment a colleague failed to show for work - that's more the sort of thing I would have expected a loving grandson to do.

It is more than strange to me zwiebel, but maybe it's just me. I cannot imagine why AH would have a key to Bob's house if he was not allowed to use it.

This entire family is "different" IMO. FIL is missing but I'm going home. I can't find my 81 year old dad, but I'll go home anyway. Grandpa is still not around so I'll wait for the police to check his home.

Hey zweibel, how many people do you know that store two safes in their parents home? Kinda normal don't ya think?:banghead:

Hey zweibel, how many people do you know that store two safes in their parents home? Kinda normal don't ya think?:banghead:

Totally normal, or at least as normal as considering a bag of Krugerrands as an item of family memorabilia.

Totally normal, or at least as normal as considering a bag of Krugerrands as an item of family memorabilia.

:clap: Yes...sure, an item of memorabilia. I like the pawn ticket comment-mind you these folks had at least 48 hours in the house unattended before Mrs Harrod arrived home. And prior to that, they were given free reign by their father to take their mothers things before Mrs Harrod returned.

*shrug*

So what do you suppose was removed prior to the list being generated?

I can't tell you how much I wish the guilty party would confess. Just stand up and say I did it, I couldn't stand it anymore or it was an accident or I wanted the money.
Just CONFESS.

But that is not going to happen. For whatever reason, maybe an unrealistic expectation of never being found out or perhaps thinking that 'he' deserved it, there will be no confession, no cleansing of the soul.

Too bad. But Placentia police and WS members will keep plodding along, sorting out
the why's and wherefores.

So what do you suppose was removed prior to the list being generated?

The family seems to like money, wondering if there was available cash in the house.

And evidence, I agree with LostOldUserName.

It is more than strange to me zwiebel, but maybe it's just me. I cannot imagine why AH would have a key to Bob's house if he was not allowed to use it.

This entire family is "different" IMO. FIL is missing but I'm going home. I can't find my 81 year old dad, but I'll go home anyway. Grandpa is still not around so I'll wait for the police to check his home.

Safes, gold coins. Whatever. Poor Bob really was a bank, wasn't he? But a magic bank where it was all withdrawals, no deposits.

I can't tell you how much I wish the guilty party would confess. Just stand up and say I did it, I couldn't stand it anymore or it was an accident or I wanted the money.
Just CONFESS.

But that is not going to happen. For whatever reason, maybe an unrealistic expectation of never being found out or perhaps thinking that 'he' deserved it, there will be no confession, no cleansing of the soul.

Too bad. But Placentia police and WS members will keep plodding along, sorting out
the why's and wherefores.

Especially you, dreamweaver. I went back to thread one and it was amazing to see how quickly you and cloudajo saw the real story, and the gaps.
I agree there'll be no soul cleansing here, but I do think Bob will come home.

The family seems to like money, wondering if there was available cash in the house.

And evidence, I agree with LostOldUserName.

FWIW, My dear GF was behind on his nursing home bill. We had to come up with a lot of $ to catch it up. He sent us to his house and told us where his 'stash' was - $11K in gold, silver and coins UNDER THE BEDROOM DRESSER!!! We cashed it in and paid the bill. He told the staff that it had been buried in his backyard. :waitasec: We now joke about people in 'scrubs' searching his backyard at night with a metal detector. :floorlaugh:

Older people tend to hide 'valuables' at home. DGF was 'saving' for his retirement years. We reminded him that this WAS his 'retirement years'. He is in his 80s!

jmo moo etc.

FWIW, My dear GF was behind on his nursing home bill. We had to come up with a lot of $ to catch it up. He sent us to his house and told us where his 'stash' was - $11K in gold, silver and coins UNDER THE BEDROOM DRESSER!!! We cashed it in and paid the bill. He told the staff that it had been buried in his backyard. :waitasec: We now joke about people in 'scrubs' searching his backyard at night with a metal detector. :floorlaugh:

Older people tend to hide 'valuables' at home. DGF was 'saving' for his retirement years. We reminded him that this WAS his 'retirement years'. He is in his 80s!

jmo moo etc.

That's a really good point because thinking back, in that so-detailed inventory list of things to be snatched out of Bob and Fontell's home, cash was the one thing missing. They wanted the safes of course, and JuM knew where the key was. I wonder if there was any cash found when the girls took the safes back?
If not, you might have to consider who had access to the house after Bob disappeared.........In ascending order, JuM, AH, JeM.
Of course, if anything was missing, there was always poor Fontelle to blame (that pawn ticket poison dart was nasty. Just nasty.)

I think that should have been descending ord. Sorry. You guys know what I mean!

Safes, gold coins. Whatever. Poor Bob really was a bank, wasn't he? But a magic bank where it was all withdrawals, no deposits.

Yes, sadly, a magic bank where it was all withdrawals. I'm sure that is why he asked his adult children to leave him alone for 6 months while he was greiving their mother.

It's sick and infuriating to think of all the demands they made for things upon their mothers passing. Not an ounce of interest in their fathers well being and happiness. It's sick.....

and as for someone not confessing. I don't expect that. I do wonder how those who have a good idea of who is responsible can deliberately choose to withhold that info from LE. What kind of lies do they tell themself to convince themself that is remotely acceptable?

I can't wait for justice for Bob. I want to feel the same feeling I felt when D'Andre Lane was found guilty with Bob's case. I want to feel that same, we knew it, now a jury has agreed without a reasonable doubt. I want that for Bob so badly. He deserves nothing less.

Those standing in the way of justice for Bob should know we will keep pressing onward, no matter how long it takes.

Does anyone have any idea if the accounting was EVER provided or are they STILL stalling on that?

The settlement agreement reached during mediation called for a biennial (every two years) accounting to the court.

Regardless, the agreement was filed with the court on May 10, 2010 so there was an accounting due before the court this May past.

And don't even get me started on section e. wherein the Gimme group was to provide Fontelle with an accounting on the trust every 6 months. Has she EVER received one??

This is a joke, and not a funny one.

Attachments

• Harrod Trust stlmt agmt - f. accountings.pdf
    183.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Harrod Trust stlmt agmt - e. accountings.pdf
    128.7 KB · Views: 9
Just read inventory of items the unusual family of Bob Harrod wanted out of the house. I call BS on the attached items being considered "memorabilia"

The greed of these vultures is just astounding.

as to the rest of their list, all I can say is, with all the houses Bob bought and all the money he kept having to throw at his family to get them out of his face, it is a wonder that no one could afford a storage unit but rather, had to have all of "their" possessions at dad's house.

the church lady in me wants to scream "How CONVEEEEEEENIENT!"

Attachments

• items off inventory.pdf
    162.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Harrod Vulture Laundry list (Inventory).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online