CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like zwiebel's idea of rebuilding the timeline. Not only for the evening hours zwiebel mentioned, but also additional date information which has become available by way of the disappeared teaser and court documents.

Let's update the timeline Angelo was so kind to post in the media/timeline forum.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only

My additions/updates in red.

Timeline

Jun, 2002
• Bob and his first wife GH move from Monrovia to Placentia

Mar, 2008
• Bob’s first wife of 59 years, GH, passed away after a prolonged illness

Apr 1, 2008
• GH – “Harrod - Safekeeping Will” filed in Orange County, CA Probate Court (Case No. 30-2008-00068771-PR-OP-LJC)

Early 2009?
• Bob decided he needed some time away from his daughters and he asked them to leave him alone for six months

Date?
• Orange County Social Services conducted an investigation of suspected elder financial abuse. Family was told that Bob did not want to pursue the issue (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

End of May, 2009
• FH’s daughter, who grew up listening to stories about her mother's first love (Bob), found Bob's number and dialed it so FH could speak to Bob

Tues, June 23, 2009
• FH came to visit Bob in Placentia for the first time, after having spoken by phone for several weeks prior

Sat, June 27, 2009
• Bob called daughter RB to tell her for the first time about Fontelle and that they wanted to get married and hoped the family would be there once they figured out the date, etc. (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Mon, June 29, 2009
• Bob and FH got married at the Fullerton courthouse without telling either family

Thurs, July 2, 2009
• Bob and FH told their families about the marriage (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Date?
• Per Bob’s daughter RB, the hairdresser called Bob and said she had no money and no place to live (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Fri, July 3, 2009
• Daughter RB met FH for the first time (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Per Bob’s daughter RB, Bob wrote a check to the hairdresser (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Tues, July 7, 2009
• FH returned to her Missouri home to pack up her belongings before making the move to Placentia
• KTLA crew interviewed Bob about the reunion with FH
Video: http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/787b96...ambers-reports

Date?
• Bob's daughter JM contacted Orange County Social Services for the 2nd time regarding suspected elder financial abuse (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Friday, July 17, 2009
-Letter from daughter RB to Bob's attorney

Thurs, July 23, 2009
-PB visit with Bob. (ref PB statement trial transcript hairdresser)

Sat, July 25, 2009
• Bob was last seen by a neighbor or neighbors

Sun, July 26, 2009
• Afternoon – Bob’s 3 daughters went to his house in Placentia
• Police: They argued over finances / money
• FH: Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate
• Daughter PB: “There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms.” (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Daughter RB: She said her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate. "It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."
• Evening - FH last spoke to Bob by phone while she was in MO
• ~8:00PM – Sunset in CA

Mon, July 27, 2009
• Weather: Low temp: 68.5 F, high temp: 91.4 F, avg: 78.2 F; precipitation: 0.0
• ~6:00AM – Sunrise in CA
• 9:30AM – JM, Bob’s son-in-law, arrived at Bob’s house
• AM/Time? – SIL went to CVS in Placentia in the AM, and he purchased soda and paper plates (rumor/hearsay)
• 10:00AM – Per officials, there was a phone call to Bob, which is the last time anyone other than SIL JM verified he was at the house. (Ref: This was a comment posted by the reporter/writer of article Adam Townsend, under the actual article) (Note: Was this the call with the housekeeper?)
• Morning - Bob talked to the housekeeper on the phone and told her to come
• 11:00AM-12:00 – Per daughter PB, she called and spoke to Bob during this time. She said she heard SIL (her BIL) say he was going to the hardware store and her father “responded in a favorable way.” She also posted that her number “came up as private.” (ref: NAMUS report published Aug 18, 2009 and August 11, 2009 post on IS forum)
-Noonish - House Keeper arrives to find no answer and no key in mail box. (ref: housekeeper Disappeared teaser/clip)
12:15-12:30 House keeper states SIL JeM pulled into the driveway to find her waiting and no answer at Bob's (ref: Disappeared teaser/clip)
• ~2:30PM-2:40PM – SIL JM left Bob’s house and went to Home Depot (ref OC Register and LA Times articles)
• Time? – SIL JM arrived at Home Depot. (Note: Unknown which Home Depot JM went to. There is a Home Depot at 601 S Placentia Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831-5199. Distance is only 2.7 miles from Bob’s address in Placentia, about a 6-minute drive. There is another Home Depot located at 2455 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821-6114. Distance from Bob’s address in Placentia is 2.8 miles, about a 7-minute drive.)
• Time? – The housekeeper arrived at Bob’s house. The door was locked and nobody answered (rumor/hearsay she arrived at ~3PM) (see above with housekeepers statement via Disappeared).
• 3:04PM – SIL JM paid for purchases at Home Depot (time stamp of purchase receipt). It has not been made public what the purchase was
• 3:30PM – SIL JM arrived back at Bob’s house from Home Depot, and the housekeeper was sitting on the porch, waiting to be let in. She told SIL JM the door was locked and nobody was answering, and that Bob might be taking a nap. SIL JM then went into the house to check, and Bob was not there. SIL JM told the housekeeper his father-in-law might have gone to visit a neighbor
• Time? – The housekeeper cleaned and left the house
• 6:00PM – SIL JM left the house and headed home to Running Springs
• Time? – SIL JM arrived home in Running Springs
• ~8:00PM – FH called Bob’s house but he didn’t answer. She called him every 20 minutes until daughter JM later called to say her father was missing
• Evening/Night – Bob’s daughter JM called the house, and there was no answer. She called her sisters, RB and PB
• Evening/Night – Daughter RB posted later that she called Placentia Police to do a wellness/welfare check at Bob’s residence (not confirmed; possible discrepancy). Officers found the house/car secure and no signs of foul play. (dispatched for well being check at 9:32 pm per police report.)
• Evening/Night – Bob’s daughter JM called FH in Missouri and told her Bob was missing

Date? Time?
• Daughter JM went to Bob’s house to “change the linens” (per daughter’s Aug 4th post on ROTW stating that before she went dth to get the house ready, linens changed for he and his wife; she started to call all the local hospitals, coroner’s office, etc.) http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=4)

Tues, July 28, 2009
• Time? - FH called the PPD from Missouri and filed a missing persons report (rumor/hearsay time was 12:22PM Pacific Daylight Time - CA and 2:22AM Central Daylight Time – MO) 12:22am Pacific Daylight Time per police report.
• Time? - Daughter JM gave an interview to a reporter in Bob’s house. She said her husband was with her dad at his home the day before, he went to the hardware store alone, and when he came back, her dad was gone. Asked what time, she replied “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?” The reporter also quotes JM as saying her father is showing signs of dementia.
• 1:50PM – Daughter JM posts on ROTW that her father had been missing for approximately 28 hours (which would have been ~10:00AM on Mon) http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0
• After Bob disappeared, someone -- police won't say who -- told officers he might have regretted the decision to marry. For three days police thought they were dealing with a case of cold feet

Wed, July 29, 2009
• Daytime - FH returned to Bob’s house in Placentia from MO with her daughter (as previously scheduled). Bob’s daughters RB and JM were at the house when she arrived. Daughter PB had been there but left to go to her nephew’s house because of the news frenzy (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
Video: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/st...8227798&page=1
Video: http://cbs2.com/local/newlywed.groom...2.1120666.html
• Daytime - In response to being contacted by family before Bob went missing, an investigator from OC Social Services showed up at Bob’s house to conduct the second investigation into suspected elder financial abuse. Daughter RB posted that it was then the investigator found out that their investigation might have been "a day late and a dollar short". (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Nighttime - Detective Corinne Loomis spoke to FH at length

Thu, Jul 30, 2009

• LA Time article publishes story – includes reference to what Detective Loomis said about checking surveillance tape at the Home Depot:

"We're going to look into bank activity, identify bank accounts and get phone records," the detective said.

Police will also determine whether any of his movements, as outlined by witnesses in the days before he disappeared, can be confirmed by surveillance tape.

For instance, she said, Harrod's son-in-law told police that he went to a Home Depot on Monday, and when he returned, Harrod was gone.

Surveillance tape at the Home Depot might corroborate that account, or show something different, such as that Harrod was at the business with the son- in-law, she said.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...-52086697.html

Fri, July 31, 2009
• Detective Loomis stated: "My personal sense was that if he did not return home by dark Wednesday night, we have a big problem," Loomis said. "We didn't ramp up a serious investigation in hopes he would come home yesterday. That was the break point."
• Sergeant Millsap stated they don’t suspect foul play, but they haven’t ruled anything out. "We're looking at it with an open mind," Millsap said. "We're chasing every lead, looking under every rock for him."

Sun, Aug 2, 2009
• Daughter RB posted that Bob was very excited about and looking forward to FH’s arrival. He arranged to have carpet shampooed, patio cleaned, housekeeper in, and a few repairs done, for her homecoming (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Fri, August 7, 2009
• Petition filed in Orange County Court by PB and RB for Appointment of Conservatorship of Estate Only of Robert Merle Harrod (Case No. 30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC)
• Daughter RB posted on Aug 14 that they filed to obtain trust moneys for reimbursement of F's travel and shipping that Dad was going to pay, and to avail funds to be able to offer a reward. (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Mon, August 10, 2009
• Daughter RB posted that the cleaning lady, SIL, and all family members had been questioned, and that she was due to be questioned on Tuesday (which would be Aug 11) (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Tues, August 11, 2009
• Daughter PB posted that “There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms” (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Daughter PB posted ‘I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way. I told my dad that I would let him go and talk to him later. That was the last time that I spoke to him. Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m.’ (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Tues, August 18, 2009
• Bob’s report entered into NAMUS with this commentary in Circumstances section: “He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone. He did NOT take his car, but did have his keys and wallet. No contact or word has been heard from since.”

Wed, August 26, 2009
• Detective Corinne Loomis mentions a search warrant to check phone records: "We're just now winding down the full-court press part of this investigation," said department spokeswoman Detective Corinne Loomis Tuesday. "We're going back and doing some follow-up stuff and documentation. We have a search warrant for phone records to see who he might have talked to that we don't know about."

August 28, 2009
• Petition filed in Orange County Court by PB and RB for Trust Proceedings - Harrod – Trust (Case No. 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC)

September 2, 2009
• Daughter JM posted on ROTW that she was giving away for free a “Beautiful Oak Display Case 11 ft. L x 3 ft W x 4 1/2 ft tall.” She posts “If you want it delivered please donate $2,000. to ROTW!”
http://www.rimoftheworld.net/discuss/194/55175

September 3, 2009
• Daughter JM posted that the last time they gave away stuff in bulk, her husband had to drive across to the far side of Big Bear with no thanks – hence the reason to offer as pickup only. She posted again that cabinet was worth $2,000 so if delivered she would like ROTW to receive $2,000 as a donation for delivery. She posted the display case was still up for grabs.

September 4, 2009
• Daughter JM bumped her post.

September 4, 2009
• A poster on ROTW posted that they would like the display case and to email them.

September 6, 2009
• Daughter JM posted on ROTW “The display case is gone!”

Wed, September 16, 2009
• Detective Corinne Loomis references result of checking phone records: Loomis said they are close to exhausting all their leads in the case, but continue to do follow-up work. "There is no movement on any bank account or credit cards," Loomis said, adding that Harrod did not have a cell phone and calls made to and from his home before he vanished don't point to anything suspicious.

Thu, October 8, 2009
• Per an article in the OC Register, police cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case (Note: Verified on Aug 15, 2010 by an anonymous source to WS mod that the barber and her husband are cleared of any involvement in Bob’s case. LE reviewed receipts and video surveillance which confirmed their story and whereabouts the day Bob went missing.)

Mon, October 19, 2009
• FH filed for conservatorship of Harrod Estate

Late November 2009
• IS thread for Bob Harrod deleted by Moderator. (IS Moderator posted on Feb 2, 2010 that the thread was "deleted at family's request, too much personal info & family fights on public forum.")

Late 2009?
• FH said to reporter included in Feb 2010 article that late last year police were giving polygraph tests to family members and those close to Bob Harrod
• Detective Loomis confirmed that police were using a lie-detector test, but would not disclose publicly the results or to whom the tests were being administered
• Per PE on WS, not all of the daughters took a lie detector test (hearsay/rumor)
CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - Page 22 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - Page 22 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mon, March 1, 2010
• FH filed objection to petition filed by PB and RB as co-successor trustees of Harrod Family Trust

March 16, 2010
• Partial skeletal remains found in Lucerne Valley. Identity can only be established through DNA.

Wed, May 5, 2010
• Daughters PB and RB named as Co-conservators of the Harrod Estate and Co-trustees of the Harrod Trust

June-August, 2010
• Daughters RB and PB start posting on IS forum again (see In Sessions Posts – 2010)

August 2010
• Facebook and Myspace pages setup for Bob and turned over to the daughters in Aug 2009 are activated after posters on WS discuss that pages were not active

I hardly know what to say. I'd say it looks good but in reality it looks terrible for Bob. Thank you and Angelo for doing all that work.

Could or should AH's failure to make his mortgage payments commencing 4 days after Bob disappeared be added? Plus the date of the quitclaim?

I hardly know what to say. I'd say it looks good but in reality it looks terrible for Bob. Thank you and Angelo for doing all that work.

Could or should AH's failure to make his mortgage payments commencing 4 days after Bob disappeared be added? Plus the date of the quitclaim?

Great idea. I'm kind of tired now, so if anyone wants to carry over my most recent edited update from the previous page and add the above go for it. We can work on it together and then when complete add an update to the media/timeline thread for Bob's case.

Here is the link for the media/timeline info for Bob's case. This is an info only, NO DISCUSSION, thread:

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Carrying over my post from the previous page as I had made additional updates after the above quoted post.

My additions/updates in red.

Timeline

Jun, 2002
• Bob and his first wife GH move from Monrovia to Placentia

Mar, 2008
• Bob’s first wife of 59 years, GH, passed away after a prolonged illness

Apr 1, 2008
• GH – “Harrod - Safekeeping Will” filed in Orange County, CA Probate Court (Case No. 30-2008-00068771-PR-OP-LJC)

Early 2009?
• Bob decided he needed some time away from his daughters and he asked them to leave him alone for six months

Date?
• Orange County Social Services conducted an investigation of suspected elder financial abuse. Family was told that Bob did not want to pursue the issue (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

End of May, 2009
• FH’s daughter, who grew up listening to stories about her mother's first love (Bob), found Bob's number and dialed it so FH could speak to Bob

Tues, June 23, 2009
• FH came to visit Bob in Placentia for the first time, after having spoken by phone for several weeks prior

Sat, June 27, 2009
• Bob called daughter RB to tell her for the first time about Fontelle and that they wanted to get married and hoped the family would be there once they figured out the date, etc. (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Mon, June 29, 2009
• Bob and FH got married at the Fullerton courthouse without telling either family

Thurs, July 2, 2009
• Bob and FH told their families about the marriage (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Date?
• Per Bob’s daughter RB, the hairdresser called Bob and said she had no money and no place to live (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Fri, July 3, 2009
• Daughter RB met FH for the first time (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Per Bob’s daughter RB, Bob wrote a check to the hairdresser (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Tues, July 7, 2009
• FH returned to her Missouri home to pack up her belongings before making the move to Placentia
• KTLA crew interviewed Bob about the reunion with FH
Video: http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/787b96...ambers-reports

Date?
• Bob's daughter JM contacted Orange County Social Services for the 2nd time regarding suspected elder financial abuse (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Friday, July 17, 2009
-Letter from daughter RB to Bob's attorney

Thurs, July 23, 2009
-PB visit with Bob. (ref PB statement trial transcript hairdresser)

Sat, July 25, 2009
• Bob was last seen by a neighbor or neighbors

Sun, July 26, 2009
• Afternoon – Bob’s 3 daughters went to his house in Placentia
• Police: They argued over finances / money
• FH: Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate
• Daughter PB: “There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms.” (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Daughter RB: She said her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate. "It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."
• Evening - FH last spoke to Bob by phone while she was in MO
• ~8:00PM – Sunset in CA

Mon, July 27, 2009
• Weather: Low temp: 68.5 F, high temp: 91.4 F, avg: 78.2 F; precipitation: 0.0
• ~6:00AM – Sunrise in CA
• 9:30AM – JM, Bob’s son-in-law, arrived at Bob’s house
• AM/Time? – SIL went to CVS in Placentia in the AM, and he purchased soda and paper plates (rumor/hearsay)
-9:50'sh am time Bob went missing (ref daughter JuM post on her community forum, see 1:50pm July 28 info below)
• 10:00AM – Per officials, there was a phone call to Bob, which is the last time anyone other than SIL JM verified he was at the house. (Ref: This was a comment posted by the reporter/writer of article Adam Townsend, under the actual article) (Note: Was this the call with the housekeeper?)
• Morning - Bob talked to the housekeeper on the phone and told her to come
• 11:00AM-12:00 – Per daughter PB, she called and spoke to Bob during this time. She said she heard SIL (her BIL) say he was going to the hardware store and her father “responded in a favorable way.” She also posted that her number “came up as private.” (ref: NAMUS report published Aug 18, 2009 and August 11, 2009 post on IS forum)
-Noonish - House Keeper arrives to find no answer and no key in mail box. (ref: housekeeper Disappeared teaser/clip)
-12:15-12:30 House keeper states SIL JeM pulled into the driveway to find her waiting and no answer at Bob's (ref: Disappeared teaser/clip)
-Noon - One - time Bob went missing (ref daughter JuM statement KTLV video)
• ~2:30PM-2:40PM – SIL JM left Bob’s house and went to Home Depot (ref OC Register and LA Times articles)
• Time? – SIL JM arrived at Home Depot. (Note: Unknown which Home Depot JM went to. There is a Home Depot at 601 S Placentia Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831-5199. Distance is only 2.7 miles from Bob’s address in Placentia, about a 6-minute drive. There is another Home Depot located at 2455 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821-6114. Distance from Bob’s address in Placentia is 2.8 miles, about a 7-minute drive.)
• Time? – The housekeeper arrived at Bob’s house. The door was locked and nobody answered (rumor/hearsay she arrived at ~3PM) (see above with housekeepers statement via Disappeared).
• 3:04PM – SIL JM paid for purchases at Home Depot (time stamp of purchase receipt). It has not been made public what the purchase was
• 3:30PM – SIL JM arrived back at Bob’s house from Home Depot, and the housekeeper was sitting on the porch, waiting to be let in. She told SIL JM the door was locked and nobody was answering, and that Bob might be taking a nap. SIL JM then went into the house to check, and Bob was not there. SIL JM told the housekeeper his father-in-law might have gone to visit a neighbor
• Time? – The housekeeper cleaned and left the house
• 6:00PM – SIL JM left the house and headed home to Running Springs
• Time? – SIL JM arrived home in Running Springs
• ~8:00PM – FH called Bob’s house but he didn’t answer. She called him every 20 minutes until daughter JM later called to say her father was missing
• Evening/Night – Bob’s daughter JM called the house, and there was no answer. She called her sisters, RB and PB
• Evening/Night – Daughter RB posted later that she called Placentia Police to do a wellness/welfare check at Bob’s residence (not confirmed; possible discrepancy). Officers found the house/car secure and no signs of foul play. (dispatched for well being check at 9:32 pm per police report.)
• Evening/Night – Bob’s daughter JM called FH in Missouri and told her Bob was missing

Date? Time?
• Daughter JM went to Bob’s house to “change the linens” (per daughter’s Aug 4th post on ROTW stating that before she went dth to get the house ready, linens changed for he and his wife; she started to call all the local hospitals, coroner’s office, etc.) http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=4)

Tues, July 28, 2009
• Time? - FH called the PPD from Missouri and filed a missing persons report (rumor/hearsay time was 12:22PM Pacific Daylight Time - CA and 2:22AM Central Daylight Time – MO) 12:22am Pacific Daylight Time per police report.
• Time? - Daughter JM gave an interview to a reporter in Bob’s house. She said her husband was with her dad at his home the day before, he went to the hardware store alone, and when he came back, her dad was gone. Asked what time, she replied “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?” The reporter also quotes JM as saying her father is showing signs of dementia.
• 1:50PM – Daughter JM posts on ROTW that her father had been missing for approximately 28 hours (which would have been ~10:00AM on Mon) http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0
• After Bob disappeared, someone -- police won't say who -- told officers he might have regretted the decision to marry. For three days police thought they were dealing with a case of cold feet

Wed, July 29, 2009
• Daytime - FH returned to Bob’s house in Placentia from MO with her daughter (as previously scheduled). Bob’s daughters RB and JM were at the house when she arrived. Daughter PB had been there but left to go to her nephew’s house because of the news frenzy (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
Video: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/st...8227798&page=1
Video: http://cbs2.com/local/newlywed.groom...2.1120666.html
• Daytime - In response to being contacted by family before Bob went missing, an investigator from OC Social Services showed up at Bob’s house to conduct the second investigation into suspected elder financial abuse. Daughter RB posted that it was then the investigator found out that their investigation might have been "a day late and a dollar short". (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Nighttime - Detective Corinne Loomis spoke to FH at length

Thu, Jul 30, 2009

• LA Time article publishes story – includes reference to what Detective Loomis said about checking surveillance tape at the Home Depot:

"We're going to look into bank activity, identify bank accounts and get phone records," the detective said.

Police will also determine whether any of his movements, as outlined by witnesses in the days before he disappeared, can be confirmed by surveillance tape.

For instance, she said, Harrod's son-in-law told police that he went to a Home Depot on Monday, and when he returned, Harrod was gone.

Surveillance tape at the Home Depot might corroborate that account, or show something different, such as that Harrod was at the business with the son- in-law, she said.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...-52086697.html

Fri, July 31, 2009
• Detective Loomis stated: "My personal sense was that if he did not return home by dark Wednesday night, we have a big problem," Loomis said. "We didn't ramp up a serious investigation in hopes he would come home yesterday. That was the break point."
• Sergeant Millsap stated they don’t suspect foul play, but they haven’t ruled anything out. "We're looking at it with an open mind," Millsap said. "We're chasing every lead, looking under every rock for him."

Sun, Aug 2, 2009
• Daughter RB posted that Bob was very excited about and looking forward to FH’s arrival. He arranged to have carpet shampooed, patio cleaned, housekeeper in, and a few repairs done, for her homecoming (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Fri, August 7, 2009
• Petition filed in Orange County Court by PB and RB for Appointment of Conservatorship of Estate Only of Robert Merle Harrod (Case No. 30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC)
• Daughter RB posted on Aug 14 that they filed to obtain trust moneys for reimbursement of F's travel and shipping that Dad was going to pay, and to avail funds to be able to offer a reward. (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Mon, August 10, 2009
• Daughter RB posted that the cleaning lady, SIL, and all family members had been questioned, and that she was due to be questioned on Tuesday (which would be Aug 11) (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Tues, August 11, 2009
• Daughter PB posted that “There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms” (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Daughter PB posted ‘I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way. I told my dad that I would let him go and talk to him later. That was the last time that I spoke to him. Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m.’ (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)

Tues, August 18, 2009
• Bob’s report entered into NAMUS with this commentary in Circumstances section: “He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone. He did NOT take his car, but did have his keys and wallet. No contact or word has been heard from since.”

Wed, August 26, 2009
• Detective Corinne Loomis mentions a search warrant to check phone records: "We're just now winding down the full-court press part of this investigation," said department spokeswoman Detective Corinne Loomis Tuesday. "We're going back and doing some follow-up stuff and documentation. We have a search warrant for phone records to see who he might have talked to that we don't know about."

August 28, 2009
• Petition filed in Orange County Court by PB and RB for Trust Proceedings - Harrod – Trust (Case No. 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC)

September 2, 2009
• Daughter JM posted on ROTW that she was giving away for free a “Beautiful Oak Display Case 11 ft. L x 3 ft W x 4 1/2 ft tall.” She posts “If you want it delivered please donate $2,000. to ROTW!”
http://www.rimoftheworld.net/discuss/194/55175

September 3, 2009
• Daughter JM posted that the last time they gave away stuff in bulk, her husband had to drive across to the far side of Big Bear with no thanks – hence the reason to offer as pickup only. She posted again that cabinet was worth $2,000 so if delivered she would like ROTW to receive $2,000 as a donation for delivery. She posted the display case was still up for grabs.

September 4, 2009
• Daughter JM bumped her post.

September 4, 2009
• A poster on ROTW posted that they would like the display case and to email them.

September 6, 2009
• Daughter JM posted on ROTW “The display case is gone!”

Wed, September 16, 2009
• Detective Corinne Loomis references result of checking phone records: Loomis said they are close to exhausting all their leads in the case, but continue to do follow-up work. "There is no movement on any bank account or credit cards," Loomis said, adding that Harrod did not have a cell phone and calls made to and from his home before he vanished don't point to anything suspicious.

Thu, October 8, 2009
• Per an article in the OC Register, police cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case (Note: Verified on Aug 15, 2010 by an anonymous source to WS mod that the barber and her husband are cleared of any involvement in Bob’s case. LE reviewed receipts and video surveillance which confirmed their story and whereabouts the day Bob went missing.)

Mon, October 19, 2009
• FH filed for conservatorship of Harrod Estate

Late November 2009
• IS thread for Bob Harrod deleted by Moderator. (IS Moderator posted on Feb 2, 2010 that the thread was "deleted at family's request, too much personal info & family fights on public forum.")

Late 2009?
• FH said to reporter included in Feb 2010 article that late last year police were giving polygraph tests to family members and those close to Bob Harrod
• Detective Loomis confirmed that police were using a lie-detector test, but would not disclose publicly the results or to whom the tests were being administered
• Per PE on WS, not all of the daughters took a lie detector test (hearsay/rumor)

Mon, March 1, 2010
• FH filed objection to petition filed by PB and RB as co-successor trustees of Harrod Family Trust

March 16, 2010
• Partial skeletal remains found in Lucerne Valley. Identity can only be established through DNA.

Wed, May 5, 2010
• Daughters PB and RB named as Co-conservators of the Harrod Estate and Co-trustees of the Harrod Trust

June-August, 2010
• Daughters RB and PB start posting on IS forum again (see In Sessions Posts – 2010)

August 2010
• Facebook and Myspace pages setup for Bob and turned over to the daughters in Aug 2009 are activated after posters on WS discuss that pages were not active

Does anyone remember JuM and JeM's anniversary? She posted on her community forum she was DTH helping her father go through her mothers things the morning of her wedding anniversary. does anyone have a copy of the post? I'd like to add it to the timeline. (list of events leading up to Mr. Harrod's disappearance.)

July 15

Was JeM really already at Bob's at 9:30 am? Or could that be the time the CVS receipt is stamped?

According to the statement made by the housekeeper, when she spoke with Bob, Bob told her "Jeff is coming....." If JeM was already at Bob's house when the housekeeper called, presumably at 10:00am, why would he not say: 'Jeff is here', as opposed to 'Jeff is coming'.... ?

That leads me to believe JeM arrived after, not prior, to the 10:00 am phone call. Keep in mind, the housekeeper also stated the bed was not made and that was very unusual -never happening in the years she had worked for Bob.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod-Court Documents No discussion

If the 10:00AM call is valid, it's also possible the 10:00 call was not the housekeeper and that she called earlier. We just speculated the 10:00 call was her. One article says Jeff arrived at 9:30AM, but who knows how accurate that is too.

I'm also curious about when the call was made by JuM to Orange County Adult Protective Services. They have a 24 hour hotline. Daughter PB posted on Aug 13, 2009 "Will have to check with youngest sister, believe she is the one that called." So if JuM made the call to protective services, when was the call made, and did protective services call Bob before they went to his house on Wed, July 29? Pure speculation, but what if the 10AM call on the day Bob went missing was protective services?

Does anyone remember JuM and JeM's anniversary? She posted on her community forum she was DTH helping her father go through her mothers things the morning of her wedding anniversary. does anyone have a copy of the post? I'd like to add it to the timeline. (list of events leading up to Mr. Harrod's disappearance.)

JuM and JeM’s anniversary was July 15th. Here is the post plus several others for reference. I replaced the location/contact info with “X’s” in the April 2009 post. Note these posts no longer exist. Individual posts started disappearing from ROTW in Sep 2010 after we referred to them on this site. Then the specific thread JuM started “Plea for Positive Thoughts and Prayers - My dad is missing” was removed altogether.

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 05:19 PM

Hi, I just attended my first class "Oil on Canvas" and was wondering if there are any artists out there that might have some extra oils, brushes, etc. I really want to continue as I found it very relaxing, however my husband was laid off yesterday, hence finding affordable oils almost too expensive for the pallet set for the class. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable dollar amount for certain colors required. Please contact me if you can help, I live in RS XXXX or contact me at XXXXXXXXXX. Thank you kindly for your consideration.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/180/50376

Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:25 PM

Hi!
Just got back uth, (nasty hot and humid down there) I needed to help remove mom's personal stuff out of the house preparing for my dad's new bride to move in. She went back to Missouri to pack her personal items, she will be returning very soon. I have been speaking with my new step-sister (she lives in Kansas) she will be coming out for a few days, can't wait to meet her.

Another year has passed, today is our 32nd Wedding Anniversary! I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by.

Must get off this puter to get ready to do stuff with my old man.

Take care **HUGS**

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=4855

Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 06:53 PM

Thanks! I just remembered I need to chill the Dom!

We went to Lake Arrowhead Village and that place is depressing, it seems as if all the businesses are shutting down and the Village has gone down hill in maintenance and aesthetics. Very sad to see. Perhaps the property management company doesn't care enough to look out their window and realize what a negative impact they are causing which in turn affects the tourist industry.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=4856

Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:55 PM

Welcome OhioBoy!

I am married to an Ohio Boy!

Yeah, flatlanders are the different breed; I no longer resemble their mannerisms. We live here full-time and are going on our 4th year. I actually cringe if I have to go dth!

You will love it, it was good for my soul to get out of urban living.

http://www.rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53420

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 01:50 PM

Plea for Positive Thoughts and Prayers - My dad is missing

I need to request positive thoughts and prayers. My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago. We suspect foul play, but want 1o remain as positive; his new wife will be arriving with her belongings tomorrow. My father's name is Robert Harrod in Placentia; his new wife Fontelle Heeter-Harrod is just besides herself, please pray for his safe return.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

One thing that strikes me about the plea is the lack of details regarding Bob-no last seen information at all. No request for help to put up posters and the like. No requests for help at all. It's not like JuM ever hesitates to send out an SOS on that site. ;)

It is clear that even in 2009 she had developed strong friendships-at least one poster knew that JeM was the focus of in the investigation and posted an offer for low cost attorney contacts.

One thing that strikes me about the plea is the lack of details regarding Bob-no last seen information at all. No request for help to put up posters and the like. No requests for help at all. It's not like JuM ever hesitates to send out an SOS on that site. ;)

It is clear that even in 2009 she had developed strong friendships-at least one poster knew that JeM was the focus of in the investigation and posted an offer for low cost attorney contacts.

Totally agree. People on ROTW offered to help. Here is her response on Aug 11, 2009 to one poster offering to help. Kind of like, thanks but no thanks, just look out for him...

Thanks Dave, Jeff has been canvasing OC and posting fliers, I believe the PD has been also doing this as well. I will let you know if we need assistance. The best thing to do is to look out for him, memorize his face; if you believe you have possibly sighted him, call the PD ASAP and do not allow him out of your sight.
http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/208/53962

Totally agree. People on ROTW offered to help. Here is her response on Aug 11, 2009 to one poster offering to help. Kind of like, thanks but no thanks, just look out for him...

Thanks Dave, Jeff has been canvasing OC and posting fliers, I believe the PD has been also doing this as well. I will let you know if we need assistance. The best thing to do is to look out for him, memorize his face; if you believe you have possibly sighted him, call the PD ASAP and do not allow him out of your sight.
http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/208/53962

Anyone believe that JeM was canvassing OC and posting flyers? Undoubtedly many neighbors would remember that.

Interesting that as of 8/11/2009 she didnt want any boots on the ground.

Now that for sure doesnt sound like family of a missing person. You take what you can get. You marshall everyone you can think of even if it is strangers. You need boots on the ground to make sure that LE has what they need to cover the biggest area. You get to the media, you keep the story alive, you push and push and push.

Like Mrs Harrod did.

But in the event, neither of them seemed to be available when Bob had to replace his water heater in 2006.

http://records.placentia.org/weblink8/0/doc/20623/Page1.aspx

CA seems to require permits for almost all bathroom/ plumbing work. Glad to see that all the men in the family like to stick to the rules. I've been searching for that permit for the plumbing work at Bob's house on July 27, 2009, as it surely must be there somewhere. It's proving a little elusive though.

I wish I had known about JuM's begging post for oil paints. She could have had all mine. I've been too busy to use them for ages.

I'm really envious actually. First thing I've always had to do whenever Mr Z's had the misfortune to be out of work, is start searching for a second job, or ways to make more money. Maybe I should have turned back to the oil painting instead, though it never made me much money. Perhaps JuM is much more talented than I.

JeM was carrying out those 'minor repairs' on a Monday, wasn't he? That's a day most working people would be at work? Does that mean JeM still hadn't found a job on July 27th, after being laid off on April 21st? That's 3 months. Many people would be struggling financially after that long. But maybe they had loads of savings and no mortgage, so perhaps it wasn't too bad. After all, that house in Placentia they lived in was bought for $205, 000 and sold for $675,000, just before the value halved. Lucky them!

So there should have been plenty of cash left over for emergencies. Unless they made that classic mistake of blowing it all on a status property - I've known a few people take a fall with that mistake before.

Perhaps none of this matters, but I know Oriah is a stickler for details, and interested in the emotions present in a case, as well as the more technical aspects. I don't suppose I need to point out to anyone the adverse effects being out of work can wreak on a family and individual - sadly, men especially sometimes struggle to deal with this.

I don't suppose I need to point out to anyone the adverse effects being out of work can wreak on a family and individual - sadly, men especially sometimes struggle to deal with this.

<snipped>

How very true that statement is.

I wish I had known about JuM's begging post for oil paints. She could have had all mine. I've been too busy to use them for ages.

I'm really envious actually. First thing I've always had to do whenever Mr Z's had the misfortune to be out of work, is start searching for a second job, or ways to make more money. Maybe I should have turned back to the oil painting instead, though it never made me much money. Perhaps JuM is much more talented than I.

JeM was carrying out those 'minor repairs' on a Monday, wasn't he? That's a day most working people would be at work? Does that mean JeM still hadn't found a job on July 27th, after being laid off on April 21st? That's 3 months. Many people would be struggling financially after that long. But maybe they had loads of savings and no mortgage, so perhaps it wasn't too bad. After all, that house in Placentia they lived in was bought for $205, 000 and sold for $675,000, just before the value halved. Lucky them!

So there should have been plenty of cash left over for emergencies. Unless they made that classic mistake of blowing it all on a status property - I've known a few people take a fall with that mistake before.

Perhaps none of this matters, but I know Oriah is a stickler for details, and interested in the emotions present in a case, as well as the more technical aspects. I don't suppose I need to point out to anyone the adverse effects being out of work can wreak on a family and individual - sadly, men especially sometimes struggle to deal with this.

I don't know if JeM was still out of work when Bob went missing but he was also on "sabbatical" in Oct 2008, JuM stopped working when they moved to RS, and they made a lot of renovations to their house.

Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 09:56 AM

I just wanted to let you know I hired Chris and as he promised showed up at the right time, communicated and had great suggestions; worked his butt off and did a beautiful job with our yard. If hubby was not on a Sabbatical I'd hire him to do more work. Thanks Chris!

I just did another fire clearance for the houses on each side of us as they are now vacant one for sale and perhaps the one on the other side of us will be coming up for sale, nobody there, someone needs to be vigilant and proactive. Now this would be a great idea if someone contacted the realtor's offices and suggest a secondary clearance to bring an appeal and safety to the surrounding neighbors.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/196/41655

Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 09:08 AM

Thanks, Jeff did a good job! Now I can actually look out the window and see the view as the old balcony was not up to code on the rails and to prevent our dachshunds from running through the old ones we put up that white plastic lattice and it obstructed my view cuz of my stature So now within our 3 years here now we have painted the exterior, new roof, new sitting room upstairs with skylights and all kinds of changes are happening. Still need to drop stairs down to the basement which will add another 1,000 sq ft of living space (like the two of us really need it), it will be our home theater and game area!

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=4524

So, in December 2009, 7 months before her multi-millionaire father went missing while her husband was in/ nearby/returning to/leaving the house; JuM was saying that she was paying lots of money to have lots of renovations - including a games and theater? room for the extra space they didn't need.

I wouldn't have a theatre company in my house, personally, no matter how much unneeded space I had. Those actor people are just so dramatic, and usually untidy, to boot. Far better to go out to the theatre, and, could I suggest, King Lear might be a good choice in this case?

Roughly added up and translated into dollars, I think you're looking at $60,000 minimum there. Meanwhile, JeM was on sabbatical ( does that mean he's an academic or does that mean he lost his job?) and was about to lose his new job a few months later. Not too far from retirement, either. And I'm sure they weren't the only renovations JuM felt necessary.

No problem, as they might have had lots of cash left over from that lucky house sale - depending on what the mortgage was, of course. Wonder if Bob helped out with that? Wonder if he had asked for any loans to be repaid?

My point is, JuM took pains in her posts to show how well she and JeM were doing, and what they were spending on renovations. How does that reconcile with the friend advising her of low-cost lawyers, and the begging posts for paints?

I'm beginning to think she's all front and bluster, myself. 'Trying to live above her station,' as we say in England. But truly, being born and bred where inverted snobbery has been elevated to the highest art, I'm not really interested.

It's the secretive, unemployed man hiding behind all that bluster who has caught my eye.

Cubby, just wanted to thank you for all that hard work. Need a plaster for that sore typing finger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member