CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #15

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Please continue here.

[​IMG]

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
    He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

court document link: CA CA - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Bob Harrod's SAR thread

2. Loading...

3. Salem

Salem Former Member

Please continue here.

Salem

4. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Thank you Salem!! I was typing away about Bob's fugitive status and completely missed the thread was closed.

I am going to bring a few posts over...and lets not forget the tags. :D

5. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Disappeared Long Lost Love episode Transcript thanks to askfornina.

6. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I added 25 tags, my fellow sleuthers will need to do the rest because I am maxed out.

7. neverletgo

neverletgo Well-Known Member

:gthanks:

I added tags from the previous thread until it said I was maxed out as well. :)

8. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee

I'll go get some. BRB

ETA: Done, I got the last of them.

9. Seajay

Where did the original time that Agnes arrived at the house at 3 pm come from??? Because in Disappeared, the narrator said noon, and I would assume that was based on what Agnes told them in the making of the show.

10. MaryNo

MaryNo New Member

I've never known that either, Seajay. If I had to guess, there was confusion over the trips to the hardware store. They were sort of blurred together in articles about the case. Like, Jeff Michaels went to the hardware store, and when he returned the cleaning lady was locked out, and he let her in. His story checks out. He had a receipt showing he made purchases at 3:04 blah blah blah. Make sense? This is a just a guess, though. Another is the younger daughter throwing out times of day. 28 hours missing, and maybe 1-2 o'clock. Like telephone game with soup cans. Agnes had to fit in there somewhere.

Another thing that makes my head spin, is in some retellings of the story, Jeff leaves before Agnes, and in others Agnes leaves before Jeff. If Jeff is concerned about Bob at all, or if he'd done something he shouldn't have done, I'd have thought he'd be the one to leave 2nd. Either, rechecking the scene, or waiting a little while for Bob to return. I'm not sure about this timing either.

11. believe09

believe09 Active Member

:blowkiss:

12. believe09

believe09 Active Member

:bow:

13. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I am pretty sure the arrival time was reported by the local media at the time of Bob's disappearance.

Well, Jeff leaving first could show a certain level of confidence. That confidence, or blind panic, was already expressed by him because he went out while she was there, didnt he? At least once? He must have because in our moving target timeline he left the house to do his chores while CL was there according to the 1PM time frame recited by JuM during her on camera interview.

Here is what I was pondering the other day-did the person who took Bob and disposed of him go back after discarding him initially? You know, to check and see...or did the person just dump and run never to return....

14. Seajay

I don't understand why JeM left at all while Bob was not there and went uth before saying anything to his lovely and now rich wife. I would have expected MY husband to call me and tell me that my father disappeared and hasn't returned before he left the house.

I wasn't done yet: Also, the fact that he has other work to finish but did not return the next day after his FIL disappeared and he lets his wife go dth to the house her father disappeared from by herself make zero sense.

If Agnes's time of arrival is correct and the time of her departure at 3 pm is correct, then JeM's receipt for 3:04 pm from HD bares out. If her timeline is arrival at 3 pm and left at 6 pm, then JeM would have had to have gone back uth for home. Still he didn't call his now rich wife and inform her that her father was missing. And why upon his arrival in RS did she NOT go back dth that night and look for her father??? These people don't act right. iMO

15. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I really do think something about the timeline is one of Detective Radomski's 'twists'. I don't mean all the surface twists - I think there is a backstory.

I cannot quite put my finger on it, but something happened, imo, to cause interested parties to steer sharply off the party line regarding the original time of Bob's disappearance.

I think it is tied up with the length of time that elapsed before LE spoke to JeM, and maybe that the family spoke to the housekeeper, maybe before LE? I believe they also went to visit the hairdresser. Was that before LE spoke to her?

I don't know. Maybe I have done the family a great injustice. While I've been thinking they did very little except snoop around Bob's house immediately after he disappeared, maybe they were running around talking to the hairdresser, neighbours and the housekeeper. That would certainly have given them a good idea of other people's timelines, and what those people were doing.

It looks to me like there were three distinct stages, in this order;

1) The 10am - noon timeline (PB and JUM)
    20 The 1pm-2.30pm timeline (Media quoting LE, or was JuM still talking to them?)
    3) The 2.30pm - 3pm timeline. (Media were quoting LE on this)

The morning timeline was mentioned very early on (I think JuM's maybe one? was a mistake and she realised it, that's why she went backwards and amended it to, maybe noon?). After that, it completely disappeared and the timeline progressed to later and later in the afternoon, to line up with the 3.04pm Home Depot receipt.

Except PB was still stuck there with her 11am-12pm 'overheard BIL say he was going to the hardware store' call.

And then, lastly, Agnes the housekeeper stepped forward and put that timeline right back where it started; to noon or before. The 10am - noon timeline.

Now, how did that happen?

16. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I wonder if the times could be made into a sort of map or graph or something? That might make it easier to see what's going on.

17. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Hey somebody, 'Long Lost Lov' in the tags is still missing its 'e'. :)

ETA: Mind you, if anyone searching on google misspells it, it brings up all of Bob's threads!

18. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Tags are limited to 25 characters, zwie, so the e had to come off. I changed the tag to Peacock Productions.

19. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

I think you likely nailed it, zwie.

Thank God for Agnes.

20. TDW59

TDW59 New Member

I have dismissed the non-verifiable statements about the timeline.
    LE confirms a phone call at 10am.
    I am not buying the 11:30-45 (?) call for more than a few reasons and does it not strike anyone other than me as a very odd wording to say Dad made or gave "a favorable response".
    Agnes gives a timeline of noon to a quarter after. As Cubby said "Thank God for Agnes."
    The HD receipt.

LE says there are holes in the timeline.

I do think the carpet was cleaned simply because it was on Bob's list of chores. Carpet cleaning would not remove any blood evidence, btw. I spoke with my nurse friend who's scrubs were often bloodied and how she cleaned them and she told me that LE now has the means to not only have blood evidence show, but also reveals what was used to clean it up.

JeM was not expecting Agnes to be there and I think she sure would have noticed if his clothes were bloodied.

My friend also explained to me how aging effects the skin...making it very thin and fragile unlike a young person's. So that things that may not break the skin in a younger person would have a big impact on aged skin...that it often tears over the smallest of things.
    So, even if it has been proven that it has happened before that someone fell into bathroom fixtures without a bleeding injury...all probabilities would be that this would not be the case with Bob, especially if he fell hard enough to break a fixture.

Actually, I am willing to give the family some room for not rushing out and going into Bob's house (some of them)...they had just broke a 6 month separation where Bob had paid them to get out of his business...and then argued again. I can see them reasoning that Bob wanted his independence and had managed by himself for 6 months and might not want them putting their nose back up in his business. They were still very angry with him and walking on a short leash with him. He was still very upset with them.

I also agree that the vomit/vodka remark had to do with dogs, they fostered and were very involved with dogs.

I need to read back some and get some coffee in me!

Z, when we were in Innsbruck we ate at the Goethe Haus and they had spinach dumplings in a cream sauce. One of the most divine parts of our trip, wow. I have never been able to find the recipe. I would go back for those dumplings alone! :)

21. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Yes, I can see that 6-month separation being a reason for family not being keen to 'intrude'. But it is exactly that which gives me such a problem with JuM walking in and changing the sheets. She was the one who was complaining, after all, that Bob had just 'dropped' them and then expected them to be a family again once Fontelle arrived.

The complaint was made after he disappeared, so she obviously held it against him. Then PB and RB didn't seem to have any problem going into Bob's house almost immediately he disappeared, either. And they insist the family meeting was NOT (their caps, not mine) heated, and everything and everyone was just fine......I just can't make the contradictions add up.

Either they were all angry/estranged and didn't dare/want to look for Bob, or they were happy and close enough to go into Bob's home, take care of all his private matters and Fontelle's arrival, and take the search for him in hand. It's only that last little bit that seems to be the most lacking.

O/T: Knodels - this recipe seems authentic, although in this region they'd make it a halb/halb (half mash potato/half bread) and use a milder cheese for the sauce. And put a great big lump of meat with it....
    http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/int...spinat-knodel-mit-gorgonzola-sauce-fid-821457

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.