CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Please continue here.

[​IMG]

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
    He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

court document link: CA CA - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Bob Harrod's SAR thread

2. Loading...

3. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

Please continue here...

4. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Thanks, IMA!! :blowkiss:

5. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Thank you, askfornina!

6. believe09

believe09 Active Member

7. believe09

believe09 Active Member

We were having a very robust conversation here and on the SAR thread regarding utilizing geo caches, geo caching and inter-park emergency alert radio system to BOLO Bob's disappearance information.

We are starting to create flyers geared to hikers and cachers. We are trying to make them specific to areas of interest and utilize coordinates to help day hikers should they come across items which may be related to Bob's case.

8. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I've been picture hunting on this tablet, but now I need the other one to actually do anything with them. And it's been hijacked while I wasn't looking. I have a plan to get it back though.

9. Oriah

Oriah Verified Expert

It's still robust! Just temporarily slowed by tornado watches and power outages and, in general, constant alerts lol.

Still working very hard. Come on down, ya'll! Even if you think you know nothing about coordinates or geocaching or hiking or SAR- you may be surprised as to how you can help. :seeya:

10. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

BBM

That's me I'm afraid. But if you ever need anyone to look after the dogs, I'm your man!

11. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Can anyone help me out here? I've found the pics of Bob's shoes, wedding band and belt buckle, but I was sure I recalled seeing one of his masonic ring, and zooming in. I really couldn't see it properly at all, but thought there seemed to be a darker stripe on the side.

Now I have found this red ring on sale: http://shrsl.com/?~wkn

Does anyone recall seeing any photo of Bob's ring? Could it have been a design like this?

ETA: I mean the 'ruby' one, far right, top row.

12. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Bob was a Mason for years. His fellow lodge members will have a record of what 'level' he achieved, and could tell us what kind of ring Bob was entitled to wear. I wish they would help.

And somebody in the family must have noticed what it looked like over the years too. Just 'red' isn't a very detailed description.

13. shana

shana New Member

Years, yes...but for the past several before Mr Harrod went missing, he was not necessarily attending Lodge meetings & such. First, he was involved in the care of his ailing wife Georgia; secondly, he was dealing with his grief after her death and seemed to prefer being alone to socializing with anyone, even family.

Have you searched thru posts from his neighbor friend to learn more? Or, have you looked around the net to see if his family members may have commented on the ring?

Perhaps as well you can direct your question to whichever local lodge Mr Harrod last attended, to clarify more about the type of ring he had.

~jmo~

14. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

No, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks Shana. Hopefully I will find some useful information.

15. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I would also like to circle back, if we can and if there is any interest, on the discussion regarding AH and his pilots license, and the chance it may factor in here at all.

Perhaps he took to the airways after his grandfather disappeared to search for him.

16. cloudajo

cloudajo Bob Harrod, Missing from Placentia, CA

I scanned through the videos and pics but I don't see a picture of this ring on Bob.

This was the description entered into NAMUS under "Jewelry":

Gold wedding band on left hand and possibly (not sure) was wearing his masonic ring on his right hand.
    Possible Masonic ring with a red stone behind the Masonic symbol

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

17. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Thank you cloudajo. That's a mystery to me then, because I was sure I recalled squinting at a pic trying to work out if there was something on the side of Bob's ring. Maybe it will come back to me.

It does sound as though it may have been a similar design to the new one I posted. I was thinking about the suggestion of my contacting Monrovia Masons, then the thought crossed my mind that they may have a very diverse membership, and I might actually be mailing someone very close to the case, accidentally!

18. believe09

believe09 Active Member

It is sad that outreach on behalf of Bob is hamstrung by fear. :banghead:

Maybe one of you sleuthers can take a stab at it-I am having zero luck finding an active website for the Monrovia Lodge. I wanted to see if they had a lodge specific symbol.

19. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Oh. I've done it again. When I said I didn't want to mail them, I didn't mean to imply I wasn't reaching out. Because I am. Just thought it might be better to do it in my own way..:)

20. deca

deca New Member

Masonic symbols are well known and distinctive. If you say the ring had a masonic symbol on it, it should be good enough description. I mean, how many rings are you going to find while you are hiking anyways?

But, if you want to call and chat to the lodge anyways, maybe you could ask them to put up flyers or talk about his disappearce during a meeting or something.

21. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I am taking another run at the CA website. They have an elderly outreach program that is well funded and far reaching. It seems reasonable to believe that they would put a little energy into finding a fellow mason, or perhaps offer resources to his wife. Fingers crossed. :) I am surprised that all of the media hasnt inspired them to do it on their own, but there you have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.