CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grainne-it is wonderful to see you. Thank you for your perspective, as always. :)

We have a new project going on that caught wind before we side stepped here....did you know?

<blush> Thank you.

I'm learning about the project and am very excited about it. Fontelle deserves some answers. My own belief is that where Bob is now, his earthly remains are of no concern to him but I am also certain that he does not want Fontelle to continue to suffer from the lack of an opportunity to give him a memorial of her choice.

Ugh. That opens up a whole lot of possibilities, most of them quite unpleasant.

Gosh, I would think that a grandson who was close to his grandfather would welcome the chance to use his pilot's license to help search for his grandfather. I know someone who lost a dog who hired a pilot for several hours in an attempt to find the dog.

How much more would a normal person do for beloved relative?

Lol, I went looking for photographers because I recalled seeing some wonderful photographers galleries of CA landscapes, and managed to turn up one taking shots out of a plane. Named AH. I think I'll have another go.

http://160knots.com/bigbear.htm

Kocontes remained jailed Tuesday. He is charged with murder for financial gain, which carries a potential death penalty and a minimum sentence of life in prison without chance of parole.

LINK HERE

The OC Grand Jury just returned an indictment against this man for strangling his ex wife and throwing her from a cruise ship. Eventually what sunk him was moving a million dollars from her account to a joint account he shared with his new wife.

This confirms two things for me: one is that OC has a Grand Jury seated at the present time. Two is that OC takes murder for financial gain very seriously.

It doesnt appear they have a video tape of the murder. It appears to me, based upon the article, that it is a circumstantial case.

If, as Detective Radomski believes, the crime against Bob was committed due to his assets we have a pretty good yard stick of how this will go. The crime I linked above was committed in 2006. Kocontes was arrested in May of this year.

It sounds to me like LE knew all along, and were just methodically building their case.

We received a request to set up a thread in the Parking Lot pertaining to the subject of dementia and Bob Harrod. We're denying the request because frankly, we feel it's not relevant to the case. There has been no evidence presented that Mr. Harrod ever suffered from signs of dementia, Alzheimer's, or memory impairment. We feel further discussion along these lines is a distraction to the case at hand and will derail the efforts to find Mr. Harrod. We are respectfully asking our members to refrain from this line of discussion.

Thank you.

Quick question as I'm working on the flyer set up- anyone have any mention in MSM about Mr. Harrod's wallet being located anywhere? And/or contents of what was typically in his wallet (i.e.- did he use credit cards, debit cards, cash, checks, change? Perhaps photos or receipts, good luck charms, funeral cards, IDs other than DL, SS card, health insurance card, library card...? )Also, anything else attached to his keys? Key fobs, key tags for pharmacies, anything barcoded like membership key tags, grocery stores, charms, etc?

Anything anywhere in MSM, anyone?

I haven't seen a thing Oriah. Not even a mention of the colour of his wallet, as far as I recollect.

Anyone else with details of this?

We do know Bob used a chequebook quite a lot, but I don't believe he would have had that with him. Daughters gained access to his account very soon after his disappearance, as I recollect, and I would have thought the account would have been stopped if a chequebook was missing.

We do know Bob used a chequebook quite a lot, but I don't believe he would have had that with him. Daughters gained access to his account very soon after his disappearance, as I recollect, and I would have thought the account would have been stopped if a chequebook was missing.

Yes I agree, zwie. Just wondering specifically about the alleged wallet. Since there has been no mention of activity re: his casual day-to-day usage of money (as opposed to what happened after his disappearance with larger sums of money/valuables) well, I'm having a tough time with that. To me, that means something specific- it either was or was not recovered. Ditto on its' contents.
This is kind of important stuff, kwim?

Hey, I didn't notice - we've pinched your President. And he's just said 'Complacency is not the character of great nations'. I would have been there with a Bob poster if I'd have known.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/19/obama-berlin-speech-live

Well said, Mr President. It's not the character of great people either, imo. Complacency wouldn't have brought the Berlin Wall tumbling down, and it won't bring Bob Harrod home either. Luckily, complacency seems to be in pretty short supply on WS and in the U.S too, on the whole.

Mrs Merkel called him the 'Du' you instead of the 'Sie' you, too. Very daringly informal for a German. They must be getting along!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/19/obama-berlin-speech-live

Yes I agree, zwie. Just wondering specifically about the alleged wallet. Since there has been no mention of activity re: his casual day-to-day usage of money (as opposed to what happened after his disappearance with larger sums of money/valuables) well, I'm having a tough time with that. To me, that means something specific- it either was or was not recovered. Ditto on its' contents.
This is kind of important stuff, kwim?

I kwym exactly. All I can say, if you look closely at my avatar pic, you can see what I think happened to Bob's wallet.

On the table. With his glasses and his keys, in my honest opinion.

There is no good reason why we haven't had a proper description of Bob's wallet and keyrings by now. Or identikit pics of rings similar to his. It is just disgraceful.

Mrs Harrod did mention that when she was calling Bob, she thought he might have popped out to the store at first. Do US stores have a minimum spend requirement, before you can use a card? Because I'm thinking Bob would usually have only made small purchases, and would likely have used cash and kept a few hundred dollars in his wallet for that, as well as paying the housekeeper each week?

He probably paid JeM in cash for his work too, normally. The more I think- housekeeper, JeM, possibility of parcels turning up with shipping to be paid?? the more I think Bob would have been certain to have a supply of cash in his wallet when he disappeared.

I don't know how I should feel about this. I think I'll just bow out now.

Looks like we are almost in test-run mode in SAR. I'm getting very excited.

I was just thinking we will have quite a few missing posters for Bob, in the end. Am I correct in thinking daughters have only issued one, in the four years he has been missing; the reward one? Or did they create the very first missing poster too?

In Iowa, the bank just puts the numbers of the missing checks in the computer for flagging.

That was my experience, anyway. Of course, my experience did not include a missing account holder, just an absentminded husband.

In Europe cheques have almost died out as a method of paying in stores, and many won't accept them. Is it the same in the U.S, anyone? I'm thinking of Home Depot in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member