https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #19

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Opie

Opie Well-Known Member

Please refer to posts #414 and #416 in this thread. (I knew I had read something about this sometime back, but had to go looking for the exact posts.)

Laughing likes this.

2. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I think about Bob, and especially Fontelle, almost every day. I would really like to see justice in this lifetime. Most all of us on here have a similar theory as to what happened. It seems insane to think that LE would NOT entertain that theory and push forward with it. Unless someone has a last-minute conscience and a deathbed confession, however, I don't think this will be solved. As others have pointed out, the body would be so decomposed that a COD would be hard to tell. Still, if there was enough circumstantial evidence (hopefully there is a lot and it's just been held back from the general public) then maybe it could still go to trial. This whole case frustrates me.

Has anyone ever tried reaching out to Fontelle? I realize that she would be even more advanced in age at this time and nobody needs to be pestering her, but I always thought that a "hey, there are people who care about you" message might be nice.

Pipsissiway_Potts and Laughing like this.
  3. Seajay

Seajay Gannon is my HERO

I did want to tell this group working Bob's case, I lost my husband of 48 years this year in April.

I know what happened to him and where he is. I can't imagine Fontelle not knowing these things about her Bob. I imagine it only adds to her heartbreak, not knowing. And even though she knew him for a long time, they were newly married. It cannot be a coincidence that they had just married and before he could put anything in her name, he disappeared. I wonder how this would have worked out had he not told the family he was adding her to everything he owned. I believe that announcement is what signed his death warrant. IMO

4. mikkismom

mikkismom Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss! I lost my parents 5 years apart. It is still devastating. Prayers for your family and Bob's as well.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

5. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

California doesn't have good sketch artists do they?

6. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

I haven’t been online for a while. I was hoping there would be some type of advancement for Bob’s case. Obviously not :(

Laughing likes this.
  7. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Sorry for your loss (((Seajay))).

Whenever I am reminded of Bob I am thankful there is no statute of limitations on murder. That's a heavy monkey to be on someone's back 24/7.

Here's some msm from this last summer which somehow wasn't added to the thread.

http://www.orangecoast.com/features/vanished-orange-countys-infamous-cold-cases-bob-harrod/

Note the mention of a body not being necessary for a murder conviction. That leads me to believe the investigation is headed in that direction.

FBEye and Laughing like this.
  8. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Thinking of you.
    And Bob, of course.

Laughing likes this.
  9. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

If Bob disappearing from his house was such a non-event for his son-in-law, how come his wife (Bob's daughter Julie) started calling family and rushed to his house the next morning.
    To clean it!
    It.makes.no.sense.

*Unless you are a homicide detective

Cubby, Pipsissiway_Potts and Laughing like this.
  10. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Also, calling bs on the 'we thought he'd taken off on a road trip' story, combined with the 'he was legally blind, not in his right mind/didn't know what he was doing when he married Fontelle' stories also.
    Either:
    You are confident of someone's mental faculties and unconcerned if they take off
    Or
    You are concerned about someone's mental faculties and you demonstrate that the minute they go missing

Not the next day. Halfheartedly. Then fail to search for that person in any way, shape or form.

11. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

:eek:fftobed:

Laughing and minusfour like this.
  12. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Welcome back, zwieb'! Nice to see you're still alive.

Laughing likes this.
  13. Quiet Time

Quiet Time Well-Known Member

Thinking abt all the flooding in parts of California, too bad the rain didn't wash away a grave where maybe Bob has been buried. jmo
    Wouldn't that be thankful moment for all the rain!

eta: or maybe it has, and he hasn't been found yet.

Laughing likes this.
  14. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

O/T in a sense-very happy to have Zweibel back here!

Laughing likes this.
  15. minusfour

minusfour Well-Known Member

Yay, Zweibal is back! We have missed you!

Laughing likes this.
  16. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Ditto!

Laughing likes this.
  17. Opie

Opie Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I have nothing to update this thread, but had to bump it because I can't stand to see it so far back on the forum. Still thinking of Bob and Fontelle and praying for them daily.

Laughing likes this.
  18. Seajay

Seajay Gannon is my HERO

I really hope detectives are still working on and building a case against whoever disappeared Bob.

My fear now is that after all this time, if his body was discovered, how much evidence is lost due to weather and the elements that might have led to his killer if the body had been discovered soon after he disappeared?

Yes, at least there is not statue of limitations on murder. Someone hopefully has to look over their shoulder every second of every day.

Where is Bob? He needs to come home.

Laughing likes this.
  19. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Yes, on all of the above.

And it does worry me that there will be very little forensics results when and if his body is located. So they might not be able to even say it is a homicide. Hopefully he was buried or wrapped in something, so it will be obvious he did not just wander away and pass naturally.

Someone should be looking over their shoulder every day. A few someones, most likely.

Laughing likes this.
  20. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

:bump:

Laughing likes this.