CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA Exile (or anyone else)... does Bob's house have a back door that leads to a drivewary? Can someone drive around back to load/unload and not be seen from the street?

Are the grandson and hairdresser's son "big" guys or scrawny little 110 lb guys?
sorry if these have been discussed before. Can't remember.
tia

If you use Google Map to look at the house, it appears to have an attached two car garage with what I assume is an automatic door.

OK, it does seem odd that the son in law would leave without having made sure that Bob had returned from wherever he had gone. The above video, shot the day after he disappeared, states he could not walk more than two blocks and showed early signs of dementia. I have to go back to the timeline, but SIL leaves at some point to go to the hardware store, returns a few hours later and then leaves again with no sign of Bob. But he assumed that Bob was visiting with a neighbor for several hours. I am certain that the name of that neighbor was somewhere in the investigation...but neighbors state they had not seen Bob since Saturday.

Fontelle spoke with Bob Sunday night-who was the last non family member to speak with him after Sunday-the cleaning lady? See, I was going to state that she would have been in a unique position to see if things had been altered in the house, but the point of the SIL being at Bob's house was for him to have been moving furniture around in preparation for the arrival of Fontelle, correct?

So things would have been moved around anyway.

OK, it does seem odd that the son in law would leave without having made sure that Bob had returned from wherever he had gone. The above video, shot the day after he disappeared, states he could not walk more than two blocks and showed early signs of dementia. I have to go back to the timeline, but SIL leaves at some point to go to the hardware store, returns a few hours later and then leaves again with no sign of Bob. But he assumed that Bob was visiting with a neighbor for several hours. I am certain that the name of that neighbor was somewhere in the investigation...but neighbors state they had not seen Bob since Saturday.

Fontelle spoke with Bob Sunday night-who was the last non family member to speak with him after Sunday-the cleaning lady? See, I was going to state that she would have been in a unique position to see if things had been altered in the house, but the point of the SIL being at Bob's house was for him to have been moving furniture around in preparation for the arrival of Fontelle, correct?

So things would have been moved around anyway.

• None of his neighbors remember seeing him since Sat
  • His 3 daughters went to his house Sunday afternoon
  • Bob spoke to Fontelle for the last time Sunday evening (by phone)
  • Per the latest article (LA Times), SIL arrived at Bob's house Monday at 9AM
  • Per officials, there was a phone call to Bob at 10AM, which is the last time anyone other than Jeff Michaels verified he was at the house (housekeeper?)
  • That morning, Bob talked to the housekeeper on the phone and told her to come. Per Paul, he thought she typically cleaned every other Monday. Not sure if that Monday was her regular day or was a special request from Bob. Not sure if SIL knew the housekeeper was coming that particular Monday.
  • Daughter P posted she spoke to Bob between 11:00-Noon - she said her number came up as "private"
  • Per the latest article (LA Times), SIL left the house at about 2:40PM to go to Home Depot
  • Housekeeper arrived at 3PM and nobody was there
  • SIL arrived back at about 3:30PM
We don't know what exactly was done in the house. His daughter R posted early on that Bob arranged to have carpet shampooed, patio cleaned, housekeeper in, and a few repairs done, for Fontelle's homecoming. She posted that for Monday, Bob had scheduled the housekeeper to get the cleaning done and a family member to help him with some repairs.

OK folks, I am ready to clarify what is bothering me about the timeline of events on this case:
Item: There was a 3-4 hour window between the phone call from J and when SIL went to the hardware store. Did SIL see Bob before he left? Apparently not. They house is not that big that they would not have heard each other or run into each other, correct, if Bob was actually inside of it. JMO. I mean it is a ranch, right? Did it have a basement? I am trying to figure out how Bob got out of the house without being heard by SIL.

Item: It takes SIL around 5-6 minutes to drive to Home Depot but 26 minutes to get back from Home Depot to find the housekeeper on the porch. It would be nice to know if he stopped for coffee or gas somewhere.

Item: This is my biggest problem, so bear with me-SIL leaves around 6PM and Bob has been gone for possibly 7 hours at this point. Without his car or glasses or cane. Just keys and wallet. On a super hot day. CA Exile indicated that Bob's son lived a few blocks away IIRC, J lives in Running Springs yet they call police for a well being check instead of just going over to see for themselves? I mean J and son were close to Bob by CA Exile's account. She visited weekly, her husband was the go to guy, the son's wife cooked meals for Bob. After the police indicated that no one was home, they still did not go over but instead called Fontelle after midnight and said hey you need to do a Missing Persons report-why didnt they just meet the police over at Bob's house and do this themselves?

I mean am I crazy here????

On the Other Board a portion of the missing person report was quoted as Fontelle reporting (about the hairdresser) she is concerned he is with his friend *advertiser censored*, who may try to get more money from Robert… F said she has no idea where Robert may have gone, but she is concerned for his safety.
I think the SIL could have thought the same and knew how Bob wouldn't like being caught going behind Fontelle's back with the hairdresser.
On the other board Bob's family told him if he wanted to be happy with Fontelle he needed to stay away from the hairdresser.
If true, that could have been an uncomfortable position for the daughters to have to finally let Fontelle know.
JMOO

So, I wonder if it was common that Bob would take off with the hairdresser for maybe..a drive, lunch dates, etc. and didn't want to be treated as a child and not be told what to do. What time was Fontelle scheduled to come in on Monday? Anyone know?

If they thought he was with the hairdresser, why did they do the well being check rather than going over themselves and handling it within the family. I mean why embarrass Bob with his new wife?

This still is not making any sense to me-basically I think I am reading your post to state that his family thought potentially he was having a final fling with the hairdresser prior to Fontelle arriving.

But why humiliate him by involving Fontelle and the police?

If they thought he was with the hairdresser, why did they do the well being check rather than going over themselves and handling it within the family. I mean why embarrass Bob with his new wife?

This still is not making any sense to me-basically I think I am reading your post to state that his family thought potentially he was having a final fling with the hairdresser prior to Fontelle arriving.

But why humiliate him by involving Fontelle and the police?

My thought was regarding a delay in contacting to Fontelle for that awkward reason. I recall the SIL's home is more than an hour drive away. Continuing unanswered phone calls to Bob might have prompted the police call out that night, as a last resort before worrying his wife. JMOO
I guess they could have ignored the concerns and not called anybody but they didn't.

So, I wonder if it was common that Bob would take off with the hairdresser for maybe..a drive, lunch dates, etc. and didn't want to be treated as a child and not be told what to do. What time was Fontelle scheduled to come in on Monday? Anyone know?

I thought she arrived several days later.

Friendly reminder.

If you are going to discuss something from court documents, police reports or witness statements you must link the document.

Any posts discussing information from any of the above will be removed from view until a time when the documents are linked.

Thank you
Cubby

My thought was regarding a delay in contacting to Fontelle for that awkward reason. I recall the SIL's home is more than an hour drive away. Continuing unanswered phone calls to Bob might have prompted the police call out that night, as a last resort before worrying his wife. JMOO
I guess they could have ignored the concerns and not called anybody but they didn't.

What about the son who lived closer? Or CA Exile? Why not call them and ask them to run over?

CA Exile no longer lived in California when Bob went missing. He had moved to the other side of the country with his family prior to Bob's disappearance.

Friendly reminder.

If you are going to discuss something from court documents, police reports or witness statements you must link the document.

Any posts discussing information from any of the above will be removed from view until a time when the documents are linked.

Thank you
Cubby

Thank you,
Link to Paraphrased Police Report is: http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=367967&page=4
Post #127
and Link to Comments about Bob's happiness with Fontell is: Bob Harrod, 81, the newlywed missing 7/2009 - Page 4 - In Session Message Boards
Post #123

We need the link to the actual police reports Showme. Without them we have no way of knowing if the info posted is actually in those reports.

bbl kid calling.

ETA

There is so much discrepancy between what LE has stated, and what each side is saying in order to determine what is FACT versus hearsay or rumor it is best to have the actual docs.

We need the link to the actual police reports Showme. Without them we have no way of knowing if the info posted is actually in those reports.

bbl kid calling.

ETA

There is so much discrepancy between what LE has stated, and what each side is saying in order to determine what is FACT versus hearsay or rumor it is best to have the actual docs.

That was the source of my information.

I understand, but we don't know if the info the daughters are sharing is rumor or fact. If it is fact, there should be police reports they can link to back their statements up as fact, or we WS'rs should be able to obtain them via the FOIA.

I am not pointing fingers at you in any way ShowMe. I am trying to sort out the fact from fiction/hearsay/rumor here because the info from the daughters, LE and Fontelle is all different. If they are 3 different stories they are obviously not all truth.

thank you for understanding.

Cubby

[snipped]
Item: This is my biggest problem, so bear with me-SIL leaves around 6PM and Bob has been gone for possibly 7 hours at this point. Without his car or glasses or cane. Just keys and wallet. On a super hot day. CA Exile indicated that Bob's son lived a few blocks away IIRC, J lives in Running Springs yet they call police for a well being check instead of just going over to see for themselves? I mean J and son were close to Bob by CA Exile's account. She visited weekly, her husband was the go to guy, the son's wife cooked meals for Bob. After the police indicated that no one was home, they still did not go over but instead called Fontelle after midnight and said hey you need to do a Missing Persons report-why didnt they just meet the police over at Bob's house and do this themselves?

I mean am I crazy here????

No, you're not crazy. From what I've read, nobody in the family drove/went other there that evening/night.

Driving times to/from Bob’s house. It was Monday evening/night so rush hour traffic wouldn’t come into play.

Daughter - P
Approx driving distance from Bob’s house: 38 mins; 1 hour 10 mins in traffic

Daughter -R
Approx driving distance from Bob’s house: 26 mins; 45 mins in traffic

Daughter J & SIL J
Approx driving distance from Bob’s house: 1 hour 20 mins; up to 2 hours in traffic

Grandson & Grandson’s Wife
Approx driving distance from Bob’s house: 1 min

No, you're not crazy. From what I've read, nobody in the family drove/went other there that evening/night.

Driving times to/from Bob’s house. It was Monday evening/night so rush hour traffic wouldn’t come into play.

Daughter - P
Approx driving distance from Bob’s house: 38 mins; 1 hour 10 mins in traffic

Daughter -R
Approx driving distance from Bob’s house: 26 mins; 45 mins in traffic

Daughter J & SIL J
Approx driving distance from Bob’s house: 1 hour 20 mins; up to 2 hours in traffic

Grandson & Grandson’s Wife
Approx driving distance from Bob’s house: 1 min

You are kidding. OK. I am going to need to digest this for a while....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305