CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A heated family meeting about money, and the next day Mr. Harrod disappears.:waitasec:

And let's not forget, Fontelle Harrod reports that on the day of the meeting, Bob told her that he told his family that he intended to include Fontelle in his estate. These intentions were confirmed as the PPD found notes indicating this in Bob's house.

IMO, Bob went missing to save the money.... Sadly Bobs future after his first wife passed was non existent when it came to those offspring who shared his dna..... Momma was gone and Daddy lived a bit too long...

Their online activites liken to those who wish their parents died within weeks of each other. It's a shame Bobs offspring never got to the point Daddy was no longer responsible for his half century year old off spring... He more than gave... but sadly, it just was too much when Bobby decided after his 50 plus years of til death do us part, he might be blessed to have last bit of his own life.

No, IMO, after supporting 3 generations- there was simply no room left for Bob to have any life after he honored his marriage vows... These kids thought when one parent passed the other would shortly there after....

and Bob, If nothing else, some of us know you fulfilled you duty to your wife, to your country to your children..... Sadly, imo, you lost your life - because you thought - like most of us do, once a spouse passes on it is your God given right to marry another.... I'm so sorry the evidence does not point to your children seeing things that way.

God Bless you Bob... you are not, nor will you be forgotten.

Money...money...money. Mr. Harrod just wanted to spend his last years with Fontelle.

"He'd married in 1951 and had three daughters. His wife, Georgia, died in 2008 after a prolonged illness. Bob had spent the last years of her life caring for her and rarely left the house, friends and neighbors said. After her death, Bob's dog, Sassy, was his constant companion, but the Pomeranian got sick in the spring and was put to sleep."

"Bob Harrod and his three daughters had an argument over finances the Sunday before he vanished."

"The day before he disappeared, his daughters -- PB, RB and JM-- went to his home in Placentia. The four argued about money, police say."

"According to Fontelle, Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate. According to court filings, his daughters estimated Bob had property and savings worth at least $1 million."

"Notes written in Bob Harrod's hand found around the house indicate Bob Harrod intended to put his new wife's name on various accounts, Loomis said. Police say that, including properties and other assets, Bob Harrod was a multi-millionaire."

"Fontelle Harrod said several days after Bob Harrod disappeared, his three daughters came to his house where Fontelle was staying and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets."

"According to records from Orange County Probate Court, Brady and Borcher filed a petition for conservatorship to gain control of their father's assets Aug. 7."

"There's all kinds of speculative theories, such as foul play, family issues," Loomis said."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/3
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...r-Marrying-Childhood-Sweetheart-52086697.html

According to these stories on Lynsie’s case, surveillance video footage was used that conflicted with McAmis’ statements made to investigators about where he had been. Also, he buried Lynsie at a construction site where he had been working. Not in these articles, but he drove a white king cab pickup truck.

Maybe the PPD/OC TracKRS can apply this same technology on Bob’s case. I believe SIL was driving a white Honda pickup at the time. And perhaps he had regular sites he used to dump construction materials when doing any renovations at his own house (in RS and/or when he lived in Placentia). Let’s hope the PPD checks those sites as well.

Snipped~~~~~~

Yes, the PPD should be able to track SIL's truck on July 27, 2009. Hopefully there are cameras that picked up the truck approaching or entering Mr. Harrod's development. The same cameras can establish SIL's comings and goings the day Mr. Harrod vanished. They may also be able to enhance the images to see if SIL had any items in the back of his truck.

TY for the reminder, Angelo. That pretty much lays out the case in the words of PPD. Interesting-I dont recall ever seeing LE lay their theory out in the media quite like this before. I havent considered it in this context-they really are shining a bright light.

Oh for heaven's sake!
IF, someone knows something or if this is a family conspiracy,
one of them should step up and tell the truth.
Get a lawyer first, have the lawyer ask for a plea deal, in exchange for
cooperation.
Do the right thing.

Whatever is the truth about any relationship anyone had with Robert Harrod, dad, or grandfather, of father in law, ....
just stand up straight, hitch up your pants, hold your head up high
and DO the RIGHT thing.

JMO

Oh for heaven's sake!
IF, someone knows something or if this is a family conspiracy,
one of them should step up and tell the truth.
Get a lawyer first, have the lawyer ask for a plea deal, in exchange for
cooperation.
Do the right thing.

Whatever is the truth about any relationship anyone had with Robert Harrod, dad, or grandfather, of father in law, ....
just stand up straight, hitch up your pants, hold your head up high
and DO the RIGHT thing.

JMO

Agree, Dream!! One thing I believe...when there are, IMO, so many people either involved or involved after the fact, there is always a weak link. Someone is bound to come forward with information. You cant keep a crowd quiet. It's just a question of whom...

Well, tell us what you really think, Dream! JK.

I have to say that in all of the time I have posted with Dream, I have never seen her post like this....agreed, if someone knows something come clean. It is the right thing to do. The truth never hurts as much as not telling it.

I mean, PPD is on a roll. They just cleared a MP case that may possibly become a capital murder case. 9 years missing, until the confession it was a circumstantial no body case, yet the perp was in their sites the whole time. Who knew?

Bumping for Mr. Harrod...I pray he is found!

TY suzq-The hearing is coming up soon. I am looking forward to reading whatever our folks "on the ground" learn prior to the information becoming available online.

Love the new avatar believe!

I too am looking forward to any new news on Bobs case...

Yeah-Cubby...I really want some good news on this case. It is time. The holidays are coming around again and those who love him must be in agony. :(

I just found this case and it resounded with me, as my moms 'boyfriend' is 83 this year. My mom passed a year and a half ago. They did not share a home-her boyfriend has his own apartment, he lived with us for awhile when we were younger at our 'family' home, but his relationship with my sister was rocky, and he moved out and bought his own co op.
My mom and he were together from the time I was 19. (I'm 52 now). He was hit by her death, of course, but I was somewhat amused this past year and happy, too, to find out there is a lady who he is 'interested' in!
He played no part in our raising, and he's regarded by my nieces as 'Grandpa'.
I hope that this gentleman is found. I really hope the family gets closure, and his wife gets closure. I wanted to just add my 2 cents on this, coming from a family where there were alot of emotions during my moms illness and after, and through most of my life from family conflict regarding mom and her boyfriend by one of my sisters.

Family dynamics are odd. Everyone in the family has a different relationship with a parent or step parent. Right after my moms death, there were several emotional 'explosions' that resulted in rifts in the family. Everyone was hurting, and things were close to the surface.

There was money and property left to my mom's boyfriend, and my sister was rather 'miffed' about what she felt was the way he was very quick to aquire it (he took all the sets of keys from here when the legalities was done). She and my other sibling were hurt by this. They felt it was as though he were just waiting, like a vulture. I didn't see it this way, as I felt it was a place he and my mom had shared, and he loved too.

It's been awhile now, and things have simmered down.

I guess my long rambling is trying to get to that Mr. Harrod's family probably feel various things at their moms death, and then their dads 'decampment' with 'another woman'. I'm sure him dissapearing is difficult, and I wish I could shed light on that. I know that must be so hard.

I wonder if perhaps there weren't people who knew Mr. Harold, who might have had those around him who might have seen him as an 'easy target'. I bring this up because here in NY a few months ago a wealthy lady was murdered, and it turned out to be a friend of a domestic employee's son's. Somehow the son had mentioned this person to their 'friend' and this person had seen this elderly woman as an easy mark.

My prayers are with the wife and the family.

Fyre

Howdy Fyre --

No doubt there can be some complicated feelings at play when an aged and widowed parent remarries. Evidently there can also be some simple ones too, like greed, or fear of losing part of what one expects to be one's inheritance. In Bob's case, the PD has ruled out murder/abduction by a stranger, and I would think that would include peripheral figures like a gardener's son (or his friend). At any rate, it seems unclear how any stranger could have profited from his disappearance, other than the theft of his wallet and keys. The same cannot be said for some others who knew him. All JMO, of course.

It is time for news about Mr. Harrod.

Hopefully some of the technology which was used in Lynsie's case will be applied to Mr. Harrod's case.

It is time for news about Mr. Harrod.

Hopefully some of the technology which was used in Lynsie's case will be applied to Mr. Harrod's case.

I am hopeful. First Cathy Torrez' case was solved, then Lynsie's, next up will be Bob's.

I am hopeful. First Cathy Torrez' case was solved, then Lynsie's, next up will be Bob's.

One striking difference between Cathy and Lynsie's cases, on the one hand, and Bob's case, on the other, is with respect to family involvement. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but both of their families worked (in different ways) tirelessly to raise awareness and funds, and to aid/drive investigators.

In this case, I think we have seen only token, symbolic efforts from Bob's kin. I simply cannot imagine that the time they have spent assisting the investigation (not counting time being interrogated, I would guess) comes anywhere close to the time some of them have spent proposing ridiculous theories of his disappearance or pointing fingers at people cleared by the PPD.

Given how the facts have played out here, I would imagine that TracKRS can figure out why the family has been so apathetic (if they have not done so already). I have got to guess that they know they have to step in to be Bob's champion here, and provide him justice. All JMO, of course.

Does anyone know if Fontelle has to attend the hearing on the 16th? I could imagine she'd rather avoid having to be in the same room as Bob's children if possible.

She is a tough lady Montjoy, I suspect it would not rattle her to be there, but I doubt it is necessary as long as she has adequate representation attending.

I love the AVI's-love them. I hope we draw fresh eyes to the thread with this display of support for the Bob and the people who love him. :)

She is a tough lady Montjoy, I suspect it would not rattle her to be there, but I doubt it is necessary as long as she has adequate representation attending.

I love the AVI's-love them. I hope we draw fresh eyes to the thread with this display of support for the Bob and the people who love him. :)

Agree, Believe! Every time I see an elderly man I think of Mr. Harrod, and what was taken away from him. A new beginning...how many of us get that chance/ So sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member