GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

Sure are a lot of pre trial conferences. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is! I just wish there was court minutes or something so that we knew exactly what was going on or what was discussed. I'm not too familiar with the process and what a pre trial conference even contains.

I think it is! I just wish there was court minutes or something so that we knew exactly what was going on or what was discussed. I'm not too familiar with the process and what a pre trial conference even contains.

Yeah me either. that's why I asked. I don't remember other cases in OC having so many. I wish we knew what was going on in all these conferences.

Yeah me either. that's why I asked. I don't remember other cases in OC having so many. I wish we knew what was going on in all these conferences.

Ahh I know! I think we can assume there's so many because there's just a lot of charges and special circumstances. I think I was being over zealous when I said I bet the trial will start the middle of next year. It's probably gonna be much longer. Justice is slooooww. Especially when there's so much to go over and all that. Btw, do you think it will be a death penalty case? I know it's eligible because of the "special circumstances" charges but I wonder if they'll pursue it because he's so young.. Could be a major mitigating factor

I don't know if it will be a death penalty case. In OC it has been mostly in cases of serial killers, like Scott Dekraai or scum that have kidnapped and killed children, like Alejandro Avila. I don't think I have heard of a case in OC involving family murders where the death penalty was sought.

Not sure Ashton was receiving any counseling or on any medication. Seems as though he was whisked off to another location and school, but might have needed more psychiatric help than he received. Sounds like he was struggling and becoming unhinged. I can't see this going to a DP trial, but JMO.

Why Ashton Sachs Says He Shot His Family
What would drive an indulged Orange County teen to stalk and murder his parents? November 20, 2014
http://www.orangecoast.com/features/ashton-sachs-says-shot-family/

"But 15 months later, things already were off-track. Ashton, says Summers, “was a little messed up, like emotional issues.” His mother was concerned about the amount of time he spent playing League of Legends and World of Warcraft video games. And he’d taken a breakup with a girlfriend very hard—to the point of overdosing on pills. Ashton would tell police that his parents’ reaction to the overdose was surprisingly casual: “They really didn’t take it serious or acknowledge [it].”

"Andra’s remedy for Ashton’s ills was, as Briscoe puts it, “to give him a clean slate” by moving him to Seattle in 2013...."

Throwing money at a problem sometimes isn't the solution, I guess, but wow.
"...and his mother set him up in style, buying him a condo for $233,500, as well as the white Prius.

BBM

:eek:hwow: Reading how Ashton acted after he murdered his parents gives rise to the question of how much of it was an act. He was either completely disassociated from his own murderous acts, including shooting his 8 yr. old brother and then visiting him in the hospital, or he is a young man with a very cold, calculating heart and mind.

I can't imagine how he managed to function for a month while acting like a normal grief-stricken son and brother.
:dunno:

Ashton Sachs: 'I Can't Believe Somebody Killed My Parents'
03/06/2015 AT 08:10 PM EST
http://www.people.com/people/articl...+people/headlines+(PEOPLE.com:+Top+Headlines)

"The tears also flowed at the hospital, where for weeks Ashton kept a daily vigil at the bedside of his 8-year-old brother Landon, who had been paralyzed in the shooting rampage."

"He would cry and say, 'Landon is 8 years old and he doesn’t have a dad,'..."

:notgood: BBM

As I have mentioned before...We are neighbors. My opinion is based on observations ONLY ...Ashton was (in high school...so two years before?) smart, very witty/sarcastically so, kind, and fun. It seemed he became depressed, stayed up all night playing video games, sort of housebound ...not sure what order those began. Seemed to blame everyone else for him "not having a plan for his future",etc... We have heard this all before. Same story. Different name. Sad case. He isn't evil. He fell seriously off track and received/got no help. Sad. 😿 on a positive note, we keep in touch with his youngest sister seems to be adjusting to her new high school in San Diego and appears happy and positive.

Just a Heads Up -- The NG Show is covering the case right now.

Ashy has his pretrial tomorrow <3 Prayers for him <3

I checked online yesterday, & it said Friday the 5th. Did they move it up a day?

What will happen at the pre-trial? I thought he already plead not guilty.

Next court date is March 11, 2016.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken