CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by tlcya, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

2. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee

In a way, I hope it’s him and there is some kind of closure for his parents. 6 years of not knowing........ya know?

Its a little ways from Castaic but he’s had 6 years to get there.

My money is on schizophrenia. He’s the age that young men first show signs of it. So he could very well be homeless as many with schizophrenia are. My next door neighbor is schizophrenic and I’ve witness the behaviors of those afflicted with this mental illness.

That’s my opinion anyway.

3. Gardener1850

It's about 17 miles away from Castaic: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
    The remains found were said to be "concealed" in the location they were found and only revealed by the recent fire. Sounds suspicious and probably not a case of someone wandering into that location and perishing by accident. MOO.

4. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

That’s what I thought. If he was using Adderall that could’ve triggered the onset. But it was likely already there waiting to emerge.

He was wandering and seemed to be wanting to go to a place where no one could locate him. Probably paranoid.

17 miles would take about 8 hours walking or so from where his car was.

5. gitana1

That doesn’t mean intentionally concealed. If a person falls in dense brush and succumbs it is likely that their body will be concealed from view.

6. Gardener1850

You're absolutely right gitana1. They are saying the brush hiding the remains was burned away. But they are also saying the location is suspicious.

The latest from CNN:

"We believe that it was concealed in brush and then the fire burned away the concealment and it's led to the discovery," Lt. Derrick Alfred told CNN affiliate KCAL.

[...]

The area is remote, affiliate footage showed.
    There are no houses nearby, the roads wind around mountains and hills are steep.
    So authorities have launched an investigation.

"It's definitely suspicious just on the location alone," Alfred told the affiliate. "I mean, it's not a common place where a person may fall ill and die."

Detectives found year-old remains in a Southern California area burned by the Tick Fire - CNN

That doesn't mean someone lost and wandering aimlessly couldn't have ended up there. I think 17 miles is totally possible for someone walking. But my thinking went to foul play because of that statement about the location. Either way, I hope they are able to identify the person and figure out what happened. MOO.

anonymess, LaborDayRN, jash and 4 others like this.
  7. gitana1

How close is it to a road?

8. Gardener1850

@gitana1 I'm not sure on the exact location where the remains were found. They haven't released coordinates. They have only given the nearest cross roads of Sand Canyon Rd and Thomas Ranch Dr for a reference point: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

9. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee

If it turns out it is Bryce, the remains are a year old, Bryce has been missing for 6 years. If he were homeless, he could have lived somewhere around that area for years, gotten sick last year and while foraging, succumbed to being sick. All guessing and speculation, of course since we have no clue what happened to Bryce.

10. anniejanet

anniejanet Member

What an odd one. Sounds like he had a psychotic break from the ADHD meds he took and that's why he was sitting at the rest stop for so long.

Savemecastiel, anonymess and Niner like this.