CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

I just watched a very well done YouTube video of Bryce's case. I have always been convinced Bryce is in the lake, but this video now has me considering he walked away and is living as a homeless person.

As we all heard, the latest "sighting" was allegedly in Sonoma, as a homeless man. If Bryce is living in this manner, any posters of him may push him in to further hiding if he is suffering from paranoia. This is a tuff one that is going to take some real finesse if in fact Bryce is amongst the homeless.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I just watched a very well done YouTube video of Bryce's case. I have always been convinced Bryce is in the lake, but this video now has me considering he walked away and is living as a homeless person.

As we all heard, the latest "sighting" was allegedly in Sonoma, as a homeless man. If Bryce is living in this manner, any posters of him may push him in to further hiding if he is suffering from paranoia. This is a tuff one that is going to take some real finesse if in fact Bryce is amongst the homeless.

RFA, can you give a hint where on youtube I can find this video? I know you can't post a link to the video, but perhaps you could tell the youtuber's handle?

I was convinced for the first few years that Bryce had walked away, but the passage of so much time has left me less convinced.

RFA, can you give a hint where on youtube I can find this video? I know you can't post a link to the video, but perhaps you could tell the youtuber's handle?

I was convinced for the first few years that Bryce had walked away, but the passage of so much time has left me less convinced.
I can't because it's not MSM.
That said, there are a lot of good mini-documentaries that seem fact based and balanced. I'm sure his family appreciates the exposure.

This is the most recent, from September 23, 2020

It is baffling to me that he remained in a spot for hours, multiple people saw him, and still they said he was acting normally. Just sitting there for hours is itself not normal. I wish they had brought him in or stayed with him or his parents made the drive especially after that many hours in one spot. It’s so eerie.

It is baffling to me that he remained in a spot for hours, multiple people saw him, and still they said he was acting normally. Just sitting there for hours is itself not normal. I wish they had brought him in or stayed with him or his parents made the drive especially after that many hours in one spot. It’s so eerie.

Yes, I found that kind of strange... unless he was wanting to buy drugs & they never showed up. I don't know... and then he only drives a few miles up to Castiac Lake & tries to drive off a cliff...

We don't know what was explicity said on the phone conversations; for all we know he kept telling them him was in various locations, and saying he was on his way home. So hard for the parents. I think they tried their best under confusing circumstances.

Law enforcement can't put anyone on a 4140 involuntary hold if they don't appear to be in imminent danger of harming themselves or someone else. We have to surmise that Bryce answered LE questions satisfactorily, so they let him be. This is a tough one; there is only so much they can do.

Against the odds, let's hope that Bryce's young constitution has kept him alive if living as a homeless person. If suffering from paranoia or delusions, it will be hard to find him as he would likely go in to hiding if anyone gets close.

My prayers continue for Bryce and his family. Maybe this one will turn in to a miracle. I pray so.

I rewatched his disappeared episode yesterday and I started reading his first thread. I like to do that because information is lost often as time passes although it can be overwhelming when a person has multiple threads. I am not very far on the threads but with re-watching that episode, I agree that Bryce was stalling. It’s hard to say if he was ever really planning to go back home that night. The officers practically had to force him to talk to his mother. To me, that’s because either 1) he was getting annoyed with mom or 2) he felt talking to her was going to complicate things. I’m having a hard time finding the words to describe what I mean but if I were suicidal, I perhaps may not want to speak with my
Mom for whatever reason such as feeling guilty, sad, ending on words i chose-not more, trying to prevent more grief by dragging it on/out, or even just potentially the possibility that hearing her voice will make me change my mind.

it feels to me like he had pretty much made up his mind about his future and I think quite possibly he misled his parents, lying about where he was driving and when his gps said he would be home. He was trying to get them off his back (so to speak) until he could complete his mission without more interruptions from worried parents. I think he used the excuse he was going to pull over to sleep so that he could follow through with taking his own life somehow during that time and they wouldn’t send police looking for him because they figured he was sleeping.

I think Bryce waivered several times on his decision, which is unfortunate because he seemed like a wonderful young man. And a decision like that is just too final to have doubts. Things can feel like the end of the world when they simply are not, at that age. Shoot, they can feel that way at any age. But when we are younger, things seem way more out of portion imo. I do believe Bryce more than likely finished what he planned after climbing out of his vehicle. The fact that he was giving away his possessions and broke off a relationship with his gf and said maybe she’s better off without him, further solidifies my believe he was suicidal.

no one wants to believe our loved ones were that sad or would leave us in such a way. I felt the same way for many many years. It took a lot of work, self reflection, and work with others who suffered from mental illness for me to realize that it had nothing to do with me. When a person is in that state of mind and makes that decision, they cannot see past the feelings they are having. They see no end, no future, no resolution, and they cannot see past the problem that has them feeling this way. That doesn’t mean they don’t love us or that we did anything wrong. In fact, most think they are doing us a favor and taking a burden off of the ones they love.

this is all MOO and just my personal experience. I hurt for Bryce’s parents. I know the pain and I hope they find some acceptance no matter the truth because living with the guilt, blame, denial and just the plain unanswered questions slowly kill a persons spirit. I’ve found that although pain still exists because we aren’t able to hold and have our loved one physically anymore, with acceptance and understanding, we can take solice in knowing they no longer have to feel any pain and that quite possibly this isn’t the end forever.

The one part of this that I cannot get over is the truck stop. If he did end up there and on a truck...the possibilities of location are pretty much endless. Truckers travel so far and to such remote places at times. He could easily have traveled to a very secluded area or even a very highly populated area where he blends in. I know this could be unlikley but it really intrigues me.

The one part of this that I cannot get over is the truck stop. If he did end up there and on a truck...the possibilities of location are pretty much endless. Truckers travel so far and to such remote places at times. He could easily have traveled to a very secluded area or even a very highly populated area where he blends in. I know this could be unlikley but it really intrigues me.
Or, he could be in the lake or in the immediate surrounding area where he was last seen. I think search efforts should be renewed with that speculation in mind.
As Tracker pointed out upthread, the lake wasn’t searched when it was at a very low point; that was a lost opportunity.

While anything is possible, I still maintain he most likely is in the lake or very close by. I remain open to other possibilities, but that’s where I would search again.

amateur opinion and speculation

Bryce's behavior was so erratic that final day that it is hard to believe he suddenly made a rational decision, following a car crash, to hike over to a truck stop, catch a ride outta there and establish a new life with absolutely no assets some place else. This is why I think his remains are still in the location he disappeared from.

Or, he could be in the lake or in the immediate surrounding area where he was last seen. I think search efforts should be renewed with that speculation in mind.
As Tracker pointed out upthread, the lake wasn’t searched when it was at a very low point; that was a lost opportunity.

While anything is possible, I still maintain he most likely is in the lake or very close by. I remain open to other possibilities, but that’s where I would search again.

amateur opinion and speculation

From a behavioral standpoint searching the lake was not a missed opportunity for KL. Right or wrong, it is my opinion is that she has convinced herself and others that support her that BL was essentially incapable of wrongdoing, irresponsibility, or feeling depressed or ostracized. I guess it isn't hurting anyone, but I don't think this outlook has been particularly helpful especially in early days, but again that is just my opinion and I realize everyone handles stressors differently. I am not certain if he had the capability of doing those things being denied or if so to what extent. What I would cite, if you take a trip down memory lane through the previous threads about this case, is that whether or not it is motivation or denial on the part of KL or nothing at all, that the public interactions created serious objective obfuscations that were not easy to reconcile as facts in this case.

From a behavioral standpoint searching the lake was not a missed opportunity for KL. Right or wrong, it is my opinion is that she has convinced herself and others that support her that BL was essentially incapable of wrongdoing, irresponsibility, or feeling depressed or ostracized. I guess it isn't hurting anyone, but I don't think this outlook has been particularly helpful especially in early days, but again that is just my opinion and I realize everyone handles stressors differently. I am not certain if he had the capability of doing those things being denied or if so to what extent. What I would cite, if you take a trip down memory lane through the previous threads about this case, is that whether or not it is motivation or denial on the part of KL or nothing at all, that the public interactions created serious objective obfuscations that were not easy to reconcile as facts in this case.
Yes, I know that certain folks have been convinced that certain actions couldn't have transpired. My approach has always been to consider everything, and methodically go through a check list. Sometimes the resolution of a checklist item is "unknown", "undetermined", or "pending". Investigation items are rarely contiguous. When a new piece of information is uncovered, we often need to go back and reflect on some of the early unknowns. I hope the L family will be able to do this (as I'm sure they have been?) as new ideas emerge.

Consider all.

As I’ve said before, I think Bryce made up his mind and all the stalling was purposeful whether for contemplation or as a means of distracting his parents. My opinions and theories have definitely evolved and became more simple the longer I follow missing person cases. While I do believe it’s not always what it seems, I tend to stick with the most logical explanation is probably true. (Only sometimes it seems there is no most logical explanation.) It’s like trust your gut to me. My instincts may not be 100% but if I listen to my gut feelings, the worst that happens is I was overly cautious for no reason.

I hope they do search the area more thoroughly. Even if he were found there, it’s possible that some may not find closure if they cannot accept certain explanations. But that is their right and no one can make another come to terms with something they don’t want to. No one can convince someone of something they don’t believe or don’t want to believe. Sometimes acceptance is never found and that’s just the way it is. The pain of losing a loved one is very personal and I think sometimes our mind gets stuck on certain things as a means of protection. Just like how a traumatic event is removed from our memory when needed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back