CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do recall hearing that this was the first time Bryce had driven the entire distance alone. I believe he & his parents usually flew, aside from moving in, and then they drove up with him & flew home.

The car 1 or 2 minutes behind Bryce was determined to be fishermen who were questioned & said they saw nothing. The people who found him were reported to be someone of LE type reporting to a training exercise or something like that.

This was the beginning of his 2nd year at Sierra.

Uncle said camping is not likely. Their family never camped or were outdoorsy really.

Yeah I am not seeing it as likely. I do not believe he is alive, unless he is with someone he had planned to meet, but that does not make sense either since he was calling home.

Exactly. He was pretty much giving his mom a blow-by-blow of his activities (or so it seems) while on the road... there is that exorbitant amount of time spent - 10 hours? - at Buttonwillow, but I think if he was going to take off, he'd have been a little more vague.

I've thought about it... I would clean my house, spotless... get everything "just so", and walk out without a word to anyone. And I'd turn around and come back within a day. *le sigh*

Who knows... :banghead:

Good point. On the same token, in regards to possible suicide attempt... which I am not discounting by the way, but it was reported by his parents that he didn't know the area well (area meaning the entire I-5?) (unless with his parents they had stopped there before)...

I wonder, if he would have been contemplating suicide, isn't it a bit odd he would have potentially chosen a place, a freeway exit/truck stop he is probably not that familiar with, if he had ever been to the stop/lake at all? And at 2 am, pitch dark at that? Assuming he had envisioned the suicide for even just one day before hand, I would wonder if it wouldn't be more likely to have chosen an area/road/winderness that he had been to before, maybe nearby his college, or even within a few hours drive or up into the Sierras? The northern coast? Anywhere but the 'castaic truck stop' at 2 am. Again, I think suicide attempt is as likely as anything, I just wonder about this.

I guess if he was using drugs at all, or in an unhealthy state of mind the situation might have been urgent to where there was not a plan. And him, or someone did indeed drive around a bit, so maybe that part was covered. Still it makes me wonder, being that it's possible he didn't know there were any steep hills to drive off of, and could have been left with no option for that. I hate to be insensitive, but to me, for someone using pills, an overdose of pills mixed with alcohol would seem an easier notion? What I am getting down to is Castaic exit off the 5 seems kind of a random place to try suicide - if that's what it was - but we cannot know what went on in his mind, nor the circumstances to rule it out.

Way back in the beginning, someone discovered a gaming name with PurpleK in it. I think it was... Quester? Can you recall off the top of your head (who ever it was) what the name was?

Curious.

Nor do I. In fact, I would guess he has put some distance between there and wherever he is.

Agree. I am going to say this again. Those of us in other cities, other states, need to get his face out there.

I agree. I'm in FL and I'm going to post some here. I know that's far fetched but what's it going to hurt. Nobody knows where he was headed or how he intended to get there. It could have been anywhere. This event that occurred didn't seem to very well planned out. In fact I don't believe he had much of a plan at all. It seems he was moment to moment and the two theories that had me were the off the grid intentionally which I don't think anymore so much. I already stated why in a past post on thread#2 and it's becoming harder and harder to believe he is ok...i think wondering around aimlessly is out now too..it's just been too long and there's too many people actively looking for him to have not had one person come even close or to not have had even one sighting. Best case senario IMO is that he decided at the last minute to dip out and is hiding out somewhere..but that couldnt have been part of any plan or he wouldnt have told his mom where he was, he'd just go without notice. He seemed super close with his family...if he disappeared intentionally he will eventually miss his parents, relatives and friends. Y would he put his parents through something awful like this tho ya know? It just makes no sense, nothing adds up.I am so baffled. I can't wrap my head around all this. I hope it get's resolved. I hope he is ok somewhere and even if he isn't ok..I hope he is found SOON because his family will need that closure. I'm sure there is A LOT of details that no one but LE, parents, friends and anyone on the inside know that we don't. JMO:banghead:

Seems this case is going cold very quickly. Why is there no reward offered for the safe return of Bryce like most missing person cases? Bryce's parents live in Laguna Niguel which is a very exclusive expensive area to live in OC. I would mortgage my house to find my child.

Yeah I am not seeing it as likely. I do not believe he is alive, unless he is with someone he had planned to meet, but that does not make sense either since he was calling home.

He wasn't that's why he was reported missing twice that night. Mom was calling him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Way back in the beginning, someone discovered a gaming name with PurpleK in it. I think it was... Quester? Can you recall off the top of your head (who ever it was) what the name was?

Curious.

Wasn't me but I remember the post.

Said name was "Purple K" and "Fire" was also in the name, IIRC.

He wasn't that's why he was reported missing twice that night. Mom was calling him.

Didn't he call his mother to tell her he was on his way at one point?
Also, using his debit card is a trail. Why do that if you are on the run? Just grab cash and go. JMO

Came on for a quick update.
Havent caught up on last few pages

TeamAmber has taken over coordination of the Search Center / Command Center

Big turn out for volunteer search today and expect same for tomorrow

Other volunteers continue to post / distribute flyers

I have been extremely busy the last 2 days dealing with the media, working on the webpage (not Facebook), and trying to establish other options for supplies.

I don't know if LASD has done their statement yet and haven't even had time to see what other new news stories are out there

Will try to play catch up tomorrow and answer some questions

I think BL was just looking for a place to park his truck so he could go to sleep, had the accident and either was in the truck or not. Let the truck and then tried to find people.

I hate to say this but after all this time I don't think there will be a good outcome. :(

Pretty crazy someone else brought up the book/movie "Into the wild." This is one of the first thoughts that popped into my head. Maybe the stress, pressure of college/money/friends/careers/the future/success got to him and he just needed to disappear for away. Maybe he wasn't happy living the life he was living but didn't know how to change it, or how to tell his parents. There are just so many possibilities. BUt my own opinion is the car crash was a diversion and he is out there somewhere hiding out... I feel like if he had died, the body would have been found by now. I could be totally wrong on this, but this my intuition...

This post right here just really hit me. He did seem to be telling his mother his every move, but was it because she was calling him and he was telling her what he thought she wanted to hear? Or was he, indeed, placing the majority of the calls to her and keeping her "in the loop" so to say.
There's a big difference to me. Maybe he stopped taking her calls when he had made the decision to do whatever he had made his mind up to do?
I don't know......just a thought.

I did see that post on the signal scv. I specifically contacted them to tell them that the search was not called off or scaled back and the headline still includes "calls off"

Yes, the Sheriffs dept (believe it was the Lakes dept or something to that effect) said that their search of the lake (meaning water) was over

The media I have talked to recently was on my terms "Yes, I will do a phone interview as long as it is done in and played back in its entirety with NO editing"

Came on for a quick update.
Havent caught up on last few pages

TeamAmber has taken over coordination of the Search Center / Command Center

Big turn out for volunteer search today and expect same for tomorrow

Other volunteers continue to post / distribute flyers

I have been extremely busy the last 2 days dealing with the media, working on the webpage (not Facebook), and trying to establish other options for supplies.

I don't know if LASD has done their statement yet and haven't even had time to see what other new news stories are out there

Will try to play catch up tomorrow and answer some questions

I haven't seen any today and I'm only 45min from Los Angeles. Did I miss something? I've been browsing the news and I've seen nothing.

Exactly. He was pretty much giving his mom a blow-by-blow of his activities (or so it seems) while on the road... there is that exorbitant amount of time spent - 10 hours? - at Buttonwillow, but I think if he was going to take off, he'd have been a little more vague.

I've thought about it... I would clean my house, spotless... get everything "just so", and walk out without a word to anyone. And I'd turn around and come back within a day. *le sigh*

Who knows... :banghead:

I've been trying to come up with various scenarios that has him planning an "out" for himself (for whatever reasons) because then it would mean he's still alive. As insensitive as it was for that woman to post on the ABC story (about being in San Diego with a boyfriend) there may be some shred of truth to it. Bryce is a big gamer...there are all kinds of gaming boards and with Xbox Live, you can talk to people all over the place (my son used to play it). Who knows if he got to know someone thru there and met up with them. So let's say he didn't originally plan on going to his parents home...his plan was just to leave as others have mentioned. But, because of the Adderall usage, his erratic behavior concerned his friends/gf enough to take his keys away. Not sure how Mom ended up on the phone..did they call her? Regardless, she's now involved and suggests flying up to see him. That would ruin his plan. So he says no, he'll go down to see her because they have a lot to talk about....perhaps never really intending to go there. Gets to Buttonwillow, spends a lot of time there...probably did spend some of that time sleeping. Mom doesn't hear from him for a while and gets concerned and has his phone pinged so he can be located. From that point on, Bryce stays in touch with her realizing she can have him located. Stays in Buttonwillow long enough to hatch a revised plan to dump the car and phone but make it look like an accident. Dogs track his scent along the lake shore and possibly leaving the park. Then he seemingly vanishes into thin air. Did his new friend come pick him up at the entrance?

Seems this case is going cold very quickly. Why is there no reward offered for the safe return of Bryce like most missing person cases? Bryce's parents live in Laguna Niguel which is a very exclusive expensive area to live in OC. I would mortgage my house to find my child.

BBM We don't know they haven't. *shrug*

Not really familiar with the story. But why call his mom to say he is on his way? Why not get a head start and just go?

Exactly. Granted I'm not a 19 year old young man, but I just don't see calling every few hours and then disappearing. Maybe I suck at keeping in touch but I think I could be gone for a week before my Mom would even be worried. We're not talking about a 10 year old.

Young people are so much...younger, these days IMO.

Really? How do you mean?

I feel like the girls I've seen go missing recently look wayyyy older than they should for their age. I have no idea how they act or how their emotions are, though. The boys might be different, too. Just curious what you mean.

I did see that post on the signal scv. I specifically contacted them to tell them that the search was not called off or scaled back and the headline still includes "calls off"

Yes, the Sheriffs dept (believe it was the Lakes dept or something to that effect) said that their search of the lake (meaning water) was over

The media I have talked to recently was on my terms "Yes, I will do a phone interview as long as it is done in and played back in its entirety with NO editing"

LASD don't have the side sonar equipment for a thorough search. I would never go by what LE says. Why don't you contact the couple I posted on FB Gene and Pam Ralston just to eliminate the possibility 100% and what about a reward? I've had seen this in almost every missing person case. Has anyone contacted Nancy Grace from HLN? She does her shows on the missing. Everyone knows who she is. She did a lot of coverage on missing Ca teen Sierra Lamar who has not been found to this day but have arrested a guy with murder charges but no body.

Exactly. Granted I'm not a 19 year old young man, but I just don't see calling every few hours and then disappearing. Maybe I suck at keeping in touch but I think I could be gone for a week before my Mom would even be worried. We're not talking about a 10 year old.

Yeah well college kids aren't like they used to be, lol. I read an article that said the average college kid talks to their mom at least twice a day now. I called my mom once a week and was 3000 miles away at nineteen...life is very different and this age group seems much younger to me, JMO.

His relationship with his parents (as far as they are concerned) appears to be very close and we'll call it... nurturing. :) I know several men well over the age of 19 who speak with their parents daily; at this point, it's probably the sons checking on their parents but I don't find it odd at all. Some families are more communicative; now, whether the information they are communicating is legitimate or not is another story altogether. IYKWIM

Could be mom's spidey sense was tingling too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle