CANADA - Elisa Lam (21) - Los Angeles - 31-Jan-2013 -TIMELINE & MEDIA ONLY

“But in a new episode of HLN'S Real Life Nightmare, a former LAPD detective revealed that a police reveals that a sniffer dog picked up her scent at a window which led onto a fire escape in the building.

In a clip shared exclusively with DailyMail.com, retired LAPD homicide detective Greg Kading says: 'Most people don't know that there was an alert.

'The dog did go down a hallway and alert at a window and that window leads directly out to the fire escape.'

Once outside, however, the dog lost the scent.”
New details in unsolved water tank death of Elisa Lam | Daily Mail Online

“But in a new episode of HLN'S Real Life Nightmare, a former LAPD detective revealed that a police reveals that a sniffer dog picked up her scent at a window which led onto a fire escape in the building.

In a clip shared exclusively with DailyMail.com, retired LAPD homicide detective Greg Kading says: 'Most people don't know that there was an alert.

'The dog did go down a hallway and alert at a window and that window leads directly out to the fire escape.'

Once outside, however, the dog lost the scent.”
New details in unsolved water tank death of Elisa Lam | Daily Mail Online

Where are they getting that the lids "weighed 20 pounds"? The lids weren't large enough in size to weigh 20 pounds, and they were unsecured.

This is a very interesting post. All the information I see online says no phone was found. I tried the link but no video player there anymore. Wish I could see it.

She actually posted on her tumblr that she had lost her cell phone. I believe she lost it at some social event, because she said something like "the (social event) was awesome! I lost my phone though."

The video doesn't work for me either, but it's possible the reporter is wrong; or she did lose it, but it was eventually recovered at the hotel.

Not sure if anyone else has been on her tumblr page (link found through another forum on here) but I went through her archives; there's a lot of interesting info on there. A lot of her posts are about her "big mouth" and needing to stop talking because it'll get her in trouble/hurt one day. Most of these posts are also from a month/two months before she was found dead. Wondering if she possibly had some altercation with someone? Here's a few of them:
nouvelle/nouveau
nouvelle/nouveau
She also talks about liking a boy and being afraid to talk to him about it in one post, then a few days later posts this, about how he rejected her:
nouvelle/nouveau
She also talks about having depression a few times and how she's upset she couldn't help others in need. A lot of news articles are saying that the family said there's no history of mental illness, but it's possible she was keeping it from them. nouvelle/nouveau
Also I read somewhere that her family says her trip didn't include stopping in LA, but she posts about planning her trip and includes LA in it. She asks if anyone wants to meet up on her trip. There's 65 notes (could be just likes or also replies/reblogs) on it, but I can't see who or what they are.
Link to all of her posts about her trip: nouvelle/nouveau: Archive

She seemed to use her blog almost daily, so it must have been important to her and she was really open and vented often. I'm wondering if maybe tumblr would let her parents log into her account and review messages/replies? Does anyone know if this has already been done? I didn't see it anywhere. There could be some deeper stuff on there.

Edit: I found that the theme she used on the blog made it hard to see the text so I just pressed "ctrl-a" to highlight the entire page and more easily view it all if anyone is having trouble.

She lost her phone. Her test reports showed she was not taking her medication. I have a theory. If someone had an evil intent towards her and were aware of her bipolar and this person who she might have befriended, who had earned her trust. Is it possible this person "misplaced" her medications or if they were misplaced by her accidentally. Elisa phoned her parents everyday. She was responsible and optimistic and a fighter against her own mind. I don't think she would carelessly miss her medicines while on a trip when she more than anyone was well aware of her condition and had concerned but supportive parents back at home. I don't have any physical proof or a lead that her medicines were misplaced but reading her posts on tumblr over the years and from that taking a look at her personality i really do wonder if she'd just "meh" her medicines at this point.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/4955529/

News Conference: LAPD Detectives Searching for Missing Canadian Woman
February 6,2013 NA13022rf

Detectives Reach Out to Find Missing Canadian Citizen
Young Woman Traveling Alone Last Seen at Downtown Hotel

What: A news conference to ask for the public’s help in locating a young Canadian woman who was visiting Los Angeles and last seen at a downtown hotel. Her disappearance is suspicious and may suggest foul play.

When: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
1 p.m.

Where: LAPD Police Administration Building Plaza
100 West First Street
Los Angeles 90012

Who: LAPD Robbery Homicide Detectives

Why: To secure possible leads in the ongoing investigation of a missing person, 21-year-
old Elisa Lam of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. By providing more details,
detectives hope for assistance that will help locate Ms. Lam.

Contact: Questions may be directed to LAPD Media Relations at (213) 486-5910.
Is there any information from the police or newsreports surrounding or on how she managed to get into the water tank on the roof

Though Netflix's new docuseries Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel centers around Elisa Lam's mysterious 2013 death at Los Angeles' Cecil Hotel, she's far from the only person who has died there: the Cecil has been the site of more than a dozen murders, suicides, and suspected paranormal events over the last century. "While the Elisa Lam case is the driving force that takes viewers from episode to episode throughout this season, we wanted to expand our focus and tell the story of the Cecil Hotel to not only give historical context, but to help viewers understand how such a tragedy, and others like it, could have occurred," Crime Scene director Joe Berlinger recently explained to Entertainment Tonight
The Dark History Behind The Creepy Hotel At The Heart Of Netflix's 'Crime Scene'

While I certainly appreciate the devastation mental illness can inflict, I do have a few questions I hope you all can answer:
Were her finger prints on the external fire escape ladder? Ladder leading to the top of the water tank? The lid to the water rank? The alarm bar on the door leading to the roof? Was their a camera on the 14th floor hallway?

I just watched the Netflix documentary on Elisa. Very sad. May you rest in peace.

I just watched the documentary and am curious if the possibility of sleepwalking has ever been visited. She did post something on her tumbler regarding sleepwalking and the German meaning. Her odd movements may also suggest this.

In the new show Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel, internet sleuths claim that a video used as evidence on Elisa Lam's case seemed slowed down, the time stamp seemed blurred and almost one minute of footage was missing.

The former manager told E! News about the tampering accusations: "That's absolutely false.

"I was a little surprised to hear that. I really hadn't heard that before the documentary.

"I'm not surprised people feel that way based on the momentum that a lot of the sleuths have."

The docu-series shows that Price gave the police elevator footage of Elisa Lam. Price said: "First of all, I provided the footage when it was presented to me...it's bizarre."

She continued: "We cooperated with the police 100 per cent...I mean, from the moment they arrived.

It's no wonder that audiences are trying to resolve Elisa Lam's case too. According to E! News, Price can see where the public fascination comes from, but wonders: "What would be the reason for wanting to edit the footage?"

While filming Crime Scene, Price reflected on her 10-year career and Lam's disappearance. About that, she told E! News: "A lot of feelings did come up".

Nowadays, Price runs her own interior design and jewellery businesses. About the morbid hotel, the former manager said: "As far as returning to the hotel, I couldn't tell you that's on the list. But you never know where life can take you."
Former Cecil Hotel Manager Denies Accusations That She Edited Video Given To Police As Evidence
https://youtu.be/cc8-4pqX0Rs

At the time, Michael and Sabina Baugh were not aware they were living through an event which would later be reported and talked about worldwide.

Over the years, dozens of conspiracy theories have been bounced around and Mike and Sabina even had their own theory that "someone in the hotel had to have been responsible".

But after they watched the Joe Berlinger documentary, their own opinions changed about the way that Elisa had sadly died.

Mike has now dissected several vital parts of the documentary involving him and his wife that he felt weren't clear, as well as how their lives have changed since.

'Many strange things happened at Cecil Hotel'
Mike explained that many strange things happened during their stay in Los Angeles, including being warned about the hotel they had chosen to stay in.

Mike said: "I think it was two or three days in, somebody was asking us, 'Oh where are you staying?'

"We'd say the Cecil Hotel and their face would change."

Mike said he and his now wife were warned that they needed to be "very careful" and admitted they had no knowledge about the area they were staying in.

"They would say, 'You need to be very careful when you walk up and down there, you need to change your hotel right now, you need to go'," he said.
Lives of Plymouth couple on Netflix show have totally changed

The Cecil Hotel's History Timeline and True Story

Eerie similarities between Elisa Lam's death at Cecil Hotel and film Dark Water

Last edited:
has there been any information given or video footage taken from the time she gets of the elevator to the time she was found on the roof

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back