CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Elisa was on drugs, I think she would have contacted someone and continued her trip or gone home when the drugs wore off.

Yes, assuming she took the drug willingly and didn't meet with foulplay or an accident before the drug wore off.

Cecil Hotel photos: http://www.agoda.com/north_america/united_states/los_angeles_ca/cecil_hotel/reviews-page-4.html

Elevator(s):
97998_121127212606_STD.png

[note - fwiw: looks like it's double elevators, location of button in between, and mirror on wall across from...]

ETA: HEY, go to top link and look at the pic before this one i posted, look for THAT MIRROR - - - doesn't it look like there is a CORNER right by the elevators, seems someone could have been hiding around THAT corner !!!! shux, looking at both pics it seems there is a FLIPPING CORNER ON EITHER SIDE OF THE ELEVATORS!!!!

Bumping this up.
Some things that stick out to me initially:

So, the bus stop is there...She also used public transportation...possibly shady short and long term residents...

Some of the bathrooms are shared.

She was in contact with her family daily, then the communication stopped.

Her family has not confirmed or denied any medical or mental conditions.

It is interesting how different people can view the same video and have a completely different interpretation (she is being stalked, she is not being stalked, she's happy, she's frightened....)...the fb comments and theories re: the elevator video are interesting, many strongly leaning toward another person(s) involved...

I'm not sure when this video was taken, but she doesn't look dressed for an excursion (phone, purse, backpack, etc.)...

Going back to page 1.

There is mention in one of the reviews that the only way to the elevators is up a flight of stairs...I'm assuming this may be the stairs?

l.jpg

I think there are probably separate elevators for the hostel area and the rest of the hotel.

One of the pics on the hotel website shows a "15" over the mirror across from the elevators, and one of the outside shots shows at least 13 levels of fire escapes.

But there were only 4-5 buttons in the elevator in the video with Elisa.

And after she left, the door opened and closed on 2 floors.

There are 53 travellers photos of Stay at this link:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Rev..._Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html

There's a pic from Dec 2010 of the view across from the elevators...
And a photo of the halls posted May 2009...

It seems they are two differenet places, but are the halls connected...???...I'm unsure.

Reading some reviews gives the impression that somehow there might be access to both hotels from each...???...

For example a review posted on August 12, 2012 - scroll down here to read it: http://www.agoda.com/north_america/...5oWskE1JCZGE8SH7qUPl3Z5wzmCw7tzgol//QBHty+Q==

:dunno:

After studying the video like everyone else, I have concluded that there is not another person on the floor that is messing with the elevator.

From the photos, it is clear that the elevator buttons are between the 2 elevator doors, to the left of the camera.

Most of us are familiar with similar setups.

Elisa enters and leaves the elevator from this direction, and twice stands with her back to the buttons.

Which makes it very unlikely that someone is outside to the left with their finger on the button.

Thats not to say that there is not another person on the floor, possibly to the right of the camera.

And it doesn't answer why the elevator stays open so long on this floor compared to the other floors.

The door stays open a good 30 seconds after Elisa leaves, but stays open 5 seconds on the other two floors.

Maybe Elisa stayed, but out of site, pushing the button to try to get the second elevator, and by doing so, keep the first elevator door open for such a long period of time.

Could she have possibly pressed the emergency button (on purpose or by mistake), which caused the doors to stay open?

To me, it looks like she is either having some type of breakdown, or on some type of drugs.
I don't think anyone is after her. I hope they find her. If the tip posted earlier is true, she's probably having some type of manic or psychotic episode. I hope they find her soon.

There are 53 travellers photos of Stay at this link:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Rev..._Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html

<snip>

For example a review posted on August 12, 2012 - scroll down here to read it: http://www.agoda.com/north_america/...5oWskE1JCZGE8SH7qUPl3Z5wzmCw7tzgol//QBHty+Q==

:dunno:

Also from this link, Jan. 3, 2013 review states that the hostel is "well patrolled".

I'm also thinking she was high on something. Very over dramatic arm/hand motions.

I have watched this video quite a bit of times also. I feel she is acting like a child because when she first got in the lift the first thing she did was pressing a whole bunch of buttons (as you can see the buttons lit up). Then, I found the hand gesture really really disturbing the first set of hand gesture to me seemed like she was petting something OR telling some people or person to get into the lift. She seemed like she's playing a game of hide and seek with someone. I can be superstitious but she seems a little possessed if she does not have mental problems. If not, it could be schizophrenia because patients hallucinate. OR she can be having depression and her dosage of medicine was too heavy which causes her to have side effects which is hallucinating.

I saw a post on facebook claiming that someone had saw her in Wilshire? Let's hope the police can find her there safe and sound. I just wonder how she will maintain herself with no belongings brought iwth her.

I hope they have surveillance cameras in the hallways also then we can see where elisa has gone.
I have been following this since last week when it first came out because she's a friend of a friend. I do hope that she's safe and sound.

Elisa looks like she is imagining herself acting in a movie, imo her steps almost look choreographed.

Elisa does have a history of depression but apparently nothing like this has ever happened. She's never been in trouble, say LAPD detectives, and isn't known to be a drug user.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/21221923/canadian-girl-with-big-smile-has-disappeared#ixzz2L2VbS8Is

Depression drugs if its on a heavy dosage it can make someone hallucinate. It can still be something paranormal though, she does seem kind of possessed if the way she act did not look like her normally. As for the elevator door, would it be because she pressed so many floors at once it lagged the elevator? I dunno it's just a random guess.

Depression drugs if its on a heavy dosage it can make someone hallucinate. It can still be something paranormal though, she does seem kind of possessed if the way she act did not look like her normally. As for the elevator door, would it be because she pressed so many floors at once it lagged the elevator? I dunno it's just a random guess.

Are you suggesting she's possessed by something paranormal? I'm usually open to all scenarios but that's a new one! ;)

elisa_lam.jpg

IMO This video is a gift...in so many cases we get absolutely zilch...Its all here folks. Last seen location!

This is a a joint investigation between two countries which seems to be handled really well so far imo publicity wise...

I am sure that every room has been searched, luminol and everything (eek). I'm willing to bet all guests are being / have been checked out from head to toe...Hotels are the worst possible place for a last seen location, though, forensics wise. :(

I played this video tonight for a group of my friends during dinner. The interpretations and theories varied greatly.

Her family, everyone is obviously very concerned! Footage has been quickly released, though, thank goodness. Hopefully it will help!

Has this young lady been met with foul play? Even if Elisa has not been met with foul play, I believe she could be in serious trouble. We need to find her!

Latest article, no new info:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/security-camera-video-shows-missing-vancouver-students-odd-behaviour-at-la-hotel/article8712962/

Any RSO's as tenants?

97998_121127212607_STD.png

97998_121127212606_STD.png

According to the hotel manager the woman was booked for four nights. Lam was last seen in the lobby in the late hours of the 31st.

And according to hotel employees, nothing seemed suspicious.

However, Lam — who was supposed to check out the next morning — never did.

When detectives were asked about her cell phone and other belongings, they said:

“I don’t want to talk about the cell phone right now very much. We have some of her property.”

snip

They don’t believe she came to here to see anyone specific.

http://ktla.com/2013/02/06/canadian...iting-socal-sara-welch-reports/#axzz2L3xQxkTS

Look closely at the video.

At 12 seconds in, after she has pushed the buttons, the door starts to close a bit and then reopens.

Someone is in the hall and pushed and held the button to keep the elevator from closing.

And to prevent Elisa from leaving.

And that someone seems to know that people will be looking at the elevator video at a later date, because they push the hall button and open the elevator door several times after Elisa has exited to the left.

As if they are winking at the police.

Why else would the door open and close like that, when it didn't even close when Elisa was in and then out of the elevator.

It's not a mulfunction, and its not a haunting.

Its the actions of a person.

Hi, my first time on this thread.
Notice when the elevator doors open for the last time, it appears to be on a different floor. The two panels (doors?) directly across from the elevator are a reddish color, where they are brownish before. Or maybe it's the light, IDK.
I agree, this video is fascinating. When she is standing by the door doing the gesticulating, she appears to be saying something, maybe to someone to the right of the elevator? And then she exits the elevator and moves to the left, and the doors open and close a couple more times. Spooky!!
I would say that it looks like she is playing a game with someone, or she is hallucinating. Very strange!!

This is a bit off topic, but the first thing that came to my mind when I watched the Elisa Lam footage was this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue6fNVjIaJA"]Raw Video: Tape Shows Bush Aide Before Death - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone else remember the story of John Wheeler, the former Bush aide, wandering around the parking garage with his shoe in his hand, clearly confused. He was later found in a landfill. No arrests made to date. This was a brilliant guy on his way to a meeting - no history of drug use or mental issues.

I hope Elisa will meet a better fate. It sure makes you wonder what happens to these "normal" people when away from home...so strange.

elisa_lam.jpg

IMO This video is a gift...in so many cases we get absolutely zilch...Its all here folks. Last seen location!

This is a a joint investigation between two countries which seems to be handled really well so far imo publicity wise...

I am sure that every room has been searched, luminol and everything (eek). I'm willing to bet all guests are being / have been checked out from head to toe...Hotels are the worst possible place for a last seen location, though, forensics wise. :(

I played this video tonight for a group of my friends during dinner. The interpretations and theories varied greatly.

Her family, everyone is obviously very concerned! Footage has been quickly released, though, thank goodness. Hopefully it will help!

Has this young lady been met with foul play? Even if Elisa has not been met with foul play, I believe she could be in serious trouble. We need to find her!

Latest article, no new info:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/security-camera-video-shows-missing-vancouver-students-odd-behaviour-at-la-hotel/article8712962/

Any RSO's as tenants
?

in response to above bbm

ONLY two [that are registered] from what i see, when i first looked about a week ago, both were listed as in violation - one since 2012 the other since 2013.

now it's updated --- the one is the same (IV) but the 2013 isn't anymore...so it seems they located him...???...

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member