CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

Discussion in 'Elisa Lam' started by summer_breeze, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

Regarding paranormal --- I read on a site that we are not allowed to link that --- didn't go so far as to say people got possessed but that --- "people would act crazy, get violent a times, more often than not people would check in normal but distaught, and check out quite f***ed up"

just sayin' - distraught imho goes without saying cuz i would lose my freaking mind if I had booked online without doing my homework and found myself having to stay at the cecil for even just one night!!!

[sidenote: Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterwever both called The Cecil home in the past]

2. tarabull

3. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

I'm afraid this young woman may be showing signs of schizophrenia. This is a common age for onset. I pray she is found soon and SAFE.

md70 likes this.
  4. tarabull

5. tarabull

There's a comment under the news report (linked above) by someone using the name 'Vancouver Detective'...

They explain the elevator is probably on 'service mode'...

If this is true, the hotel employee that was using the elevator must have been close by...perhaps THAT is who Elisa seems to be explaining/speaking too.

The answer is out there - Elisa is somewhere - she didn't just vanish into thin air.

I have a hard time believing every nook and cranny has been searched - I feel like there's a good chance she's still in the building.

ETA: Also from another report at the link:

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/LA...r+with+video/7971056/story.html#ixzz2L5DJACyK

6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Just to give a sense of the exterior of the hotel, narrator speaks of drugs, gangs and s/o parolees.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggFBiISNOZA"]Missing Canadian Student Elisa Lam - YouTube[/ame]

7. TxLady2

TxLady2 Active Member

I agree with you, it would take a lot of time and manpower to search every inch of that hotel, plus interviewing hotel employees all in just a few days. She has to be somewhere!
    Someone upthread asked about searching rooms. I'm not sure but I assume they would have to have a warrant, but I don't know how complicated that would be considering the hotel's policy re: the privacy of the guests. I have read in books, cases of LE coming in and searching rooms immediately when a guest in a hotel was missing, but of course, that's fiction. I'm not sure whether they would have the authority to do that in real life. However, if I were a guest in a hotel, I would grant them access to my room immediately, as long as I could stay in the room and make sure they didn't remove any of my belongings.
    There are other places in the hotel they could search without having to get a warrant, though... dumpsters, kitchen area, storage areas, the basement, to name a few. I'm sure the hotel managers would gladly allow it without a warrant.
    But.. all this should have been done immediately. If someone took her and/or harmed her, they are long gone... and she may be, too.

8. kemo

kemo Well-Known Member

I know of one situation where someone in a large building (a college dorm) locked themselves in a utility room and were discovered dead weeks later. I have no idea if such a thing is possible there. Hopefully someone has check everywhere.

Elis's behavior in the elevator and her history of mental illness definitely raises the possibility that here had some sort "breakdown". If she left the hotel in the middle of the night in that neighborhood in a confused or delusional state, she would be in a great deal of danger.

Something that is not clear is the time she was last seen on Feb 1st. Was it in the early AM or was it in the morning after daybreak?

9. tarabull

FWIW, this video is C R A Z Y...

but at the 13 second mark it shows a camera visible under the front awning of the hotel:

http://youtu.be/_zkukLsXdE0

Around 1:26 they show the elevators entrance in the lobby...the floor they get off on (2:25 mark) it seems the hall isn't exactly the same as the pics up thread

:waitasec:

Screen shots attached...

Attached Files:

10. Buckeye lady

Buckeye lady New Member

That would be terrible if she, being confused , went into a room that was empty and locked it, and they had not checked it in over two weeks. It also worries me that she left even her money in the room. How is she eating? I hope the tip someone called in about Wilshire and Western pans out. I think a friend of hers said she contacted him or her on the 1st of February. Prayers she'll be found safe.

11. tarabull

Thinking more about the video, i think it's possible this was early morning & Elisa is entering the elevator trying to leave her floor - dressed as she was and with nothing in her hands, no bag, etc... maybe she had only her room key in her pocket and was planning only to go downstairs to grab the free breakfast before going back up to her floor/room to get ready to check out.

12. tarabull

Holy oh doorways & hallways batman...!!!...???

http://youtu.be/bY2kiP8FVOY

Seems the walls are painted different colours on different floors

This video also shows the inside stairs...video ends at lobby.

13. tarabull

Another scary thot...

I've seen a few reviews describe not being allowed back in the hotel without ID...

:what:

Do you suppose there could be any opportunists in the neighborhood that are aware of that...???

Tho they should have her on cctv if she left building via the front door & alternately they would also have video of her returning/re-entering (or attempting to) by way of the front lobby.

A real 'head scratcher' fo' shizzle.

14. Annie1004

Annie1004 Active Member

Not too sure about "a history of mental illness" other than a MSM article that mentioned depression. Do you have a link? TIA.

15. tarabull

Stay (tho 2 doors down) & The Cecil Hotel are contained within the same building as per JD link above...

snipped...

135 rooms at Stay on Main Hotel & Hostel - 636 S Main Street LA
    635 rooms at The Cecil Hotel - 640 S Main Street LA

16. ahlang1226

ahlang1226 New Member

I really want to know if they have searched the WHOLE building. I think it is necessary.

17. tarabull

IF they've checked every room, nook & cranny...

And IF they checked all cctv but have no recorded footage of her leaving the building...

I've been thinking next would they be looking for footage of people checking out / leaving with wheeled luggage or large duffle bag...???...

Ironicallly, here's a case of out Florida - with at least one similarity:
    http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2010/12/vanishing-blonde-201012

ETA: Surely they'd have checked the hotel garbage bin, but sheesh - wonder when pick up would have been...???

18. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Florida link!
    I watched a show about that case and was so impressed by the tenacious private eye and his observation of the large man (the uber creepy perp) as he struggled a bit to get the suitcase over the elevator exit- suggestive of the victim being wheeled out in his suitcase.
    Been trying to remember the names, places associated with that case - great motivation to study images in cctv footage.

19. tarabull

20. tarabull

Shake-Up at Main Street Low-Income Housing Complex
    April 10, 2012

snipped...Chase said all upgrades to the hotel are on hold due to the economy. Currently the 299 hotel rooms are available for guests.

“Right now there are no specific long-term plans rather than just to operate it the best possible way to service the tenants and the hotel guests,” he said.

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/...cle_3642fd14-8030-11e1-9603-0019bb2963f4.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.