CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the 2x4 which is 3.5 inches wide.. i cut a piece of it out and marked it and then pasted it to measure..

Which actually it should be more around 14 inches.. I think I messed it up.. :p

Just tried the same thing and came up with 17.5-18in. Obviously if she was pushed through the hatch there would be some scraping and DNA residue. Have to also think that prints would be on the sides of the tank if trying to push a body through that small of an opening. She was about my size and my hips aren't very wide but I know for certain I could not easily fit through a 18inch wide opening without some maneuvering/ pushing. Even with rain you can lift a print..

Interestingly........how did THIS person get up there with his mobile/handphone to take videos of the tank? :)

No more alarms, secure locks, etc? :)

Bright daylight too --> 'I wanna go see the water tanks so I'm just gonna go see the water tanks' :)
You can get out to the fire escape through an open window on 15th floor.

Haha! I know huh! Confusing.

I actually thought your idea was pretty good.

I guess I just don't see playfulness as in lucid playfulness. As in a fully with it individual interacting with other guests in a game of elevator tag.

I do personally think she thinks something is going on, and she is acting deliberately based on this reality, her reality (after all perception is reality to the person living it). But I tend to lean toward her reality being in a state of ambien night walking.

Thanks!

Actually I was leaning towards supernatural possession because I didn't think a person on drugs or sleepwalking would be as lucid as she was in the video. But after reading your excellent description of ambien sleepwalking, I allowed it as a possible cause of the hallucinatory behavior we saw.

However, should the toxicology come back negative, I would be leaning back towards supernatural possession as the probable cause.

As soon as I saw the photos I thought to myself, why aren't those in an evidence room or lab somewhere being checked for dna and fingerprints?

I don't watch much CSI but can't you just dust for prints / swab for DNA on-site? after all, many objects, such as walls or the tanks, can't be taken back to the lab for dusting either!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM&feature=player_detailpage"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

Please watch starting at 1:28. The suspect gives her 20-seconds to leave. 20-seconds exactly.

Got the other 4.. uploaded them to imgur.

FBS0I4v.jpg

vQJ2Ovt.jpg

JkYx17e.jpg

vh60RLb.jpg

Confused about these photos. Did the Chinese tourists actually manage to get up on the roof?

Regardless, I'm really impressed with how the Chinese are going full steam ahead with the amateur investigating. Booking rooms at the hotel, taking awesome photos, annotating those photos... I wouldn't have imagined such intense work.

Also quite impressed with how ppl on this forum were able to come to some pretty accurate conclusions regarding the elevator (like the buttons she pushed) and floor #, working with nothing but the video.

Was reading through her old blog and found it incredible that she spent three years at university and still didn't complete the minimum number of courses required for one year of university. She said she was failing and dropping out of a lot of courses and her brain wasn't functioning anymore, and that she felt guilty about dropping one particular course even though the prof was so understanding. It sounds like her struggle with (I assume) depression was much bigger than I first gathered.

A video clip from VB调查

Water Tank on Cecil as of Feb 26

More pics of rooftop/water tanks LINK

Thank you, Fei, for sharing these with us. I found the video particularly interesting. Here are two shots I captured from the video:

00:59 - The "FECTO C*NT HER SUMA" graffiti we are all familiar with by now, scrawled near the cisterns:
0WLH2To.jpg

01:18: "SUMA FEKTO C*NT HER" -- the same words, almost; "FECTO" is now "FEKTO", the words are displayed differently, and there's an additional 2012.
Z0azycM.jpg

Just thought I would share this with those of you who, like me, were very interested in the graffiti in the earlier photos that emerged.

Aleister Crowley wrote this is 1889 at Cecil Hotel London.

JEPHTHAH.

"Let my lamp, at midnight hour,

Be seen in some high lonely Tower,

Where I may oft outwatch the Bear,

With thrice-great Hermes, or unsphear

The spirit of Plato, to unfold

What Worlds, or what vast Regions hold

The immortal mind that hath forsook

Her mansion in the fleshy nook;

And of those Daemons that are found

In fire, air, flood, or under ground,

Whose power hath a true consent

With Planet, or with Element.

Some time let Gorgeous Tragedy

In Sceptr’d Pall come sweeping by."

"Il Penseroso."

..... Read the poem, trnslate the middle english words. The poem is about a judge of israel named Jephtha who sacrifieced his own daughter to god. The daughters name was Seila...... ELISA?

crowley is also know for having met ( so he says). An interstellar demon named LAM.

UHUMMMM

This whole mystery seems planned

http://inthelandoftheblindoneeyeisk...isa-lam-murder-and-the-signs-that-were-given/

Have you considered the hotel security could be behind her missing?

Maybe a rogue security guard?

Friends of mine have worked for many years at Cincinnati,OH major hotels as 3rd shift security

They have keys, access to all the rooms, guest, conference, etc

They can turn off/on the security cams

And with a uniform can blend in very well, people don't suspect security going into rooms or walking the entire hotel facility, even the roof, so they know the hotels inside and out

And security also is accountible for knowing all employee work schedules, maintenance, delivery schedules as well, so possibly this perp knew no one would be checking the water tank for a very long time

Just some food for thought

This is my theory as well. Staff know all the ins and outs, have keys, know where the cameras and alarms are etc. Somewhere previous stated that staff party on the roof.

I also think she may have been kept somewhere and later put in the tank. Someone mentioned chloroform earlier?

Based on everything I've read, I believe the video was 14th floor.
I posted earlier she may have been playing a game with someone, "elevator" tag perhaps?

I also believe (based on her blog and Tumblr) she was hip, smart and savvy. She may have left her family to get away from their old ways.

:twocents:

I really don't understand the importance to some, of her not wearing glasses. She's plastered all over Google without glasses, even at her graduation.

Yes, I also speculate that she might need the glasses all the time. More than one pictures of her shown without glasses. Also I am a little bit unsure the girl in the video was actually "Elisa Lam".

I'd be really interested in how EL ended up in LA when her original plan was San Diego to Santa Cruz. What was it that sidetracked her to LA? If LA was such a lure, why was it not part of her original itinerary? What did she do or who did she contact that could have possibly made her divert from her original plan?
Hi sillybilly. Have you looked into the two companies either side of the Cecil Hotel on google maps at all?
https://plus.google.com/110291642722368401945/about?gl=uk&hl=en
https://plus.google.com/100989075095910149716/about?gl=uk&hl=en

Hi sillybilly. Have you looked into the two companies either side of the Cecil Hotel on google maps at all?
https://plus.google.com/110291642722368401945/about?gl=uk&hl=en
https://plus.google.com/100989075095910149716/about?gl=uk&hl=en

I'm aware of them, but don't have any real fixed ideas on it. IIRC, Elisa expressed an interest in advancing her education in computers. Are you thinking it was specifically in the social media aspect (i.e. professional blogging?). Or, what's your take?

And what about the invisible light agency.....

Invisible .......light

I have my theories

You are keeping us in the dark here Marlon ;)

What's your theory?

What's your theory?

Marlon is in Netherlands, English second language.
I appreciate his/her esoteric input. It's another angle that reflects all the
offbeat "coincidences". Thanks Marlon.

(OT) As an aside, there is a lot of occult activity in LA, has been for years-but that's another topic not for the faint of heart. :twocents:

@ jellyb

A real preliminary search on one of the phone numbers brings up an article where someone has reported they applied for a job and got scammed out of money in the process. Is that ringing a bell with you?

What's your theory?

I know i know,..mbut this is not realy my field of expertice (to blabber about cults and what not) .there are somethings i only heared about as in urban legend. To me it never occured things like this could realy exist or have active followers, besides being in some cheap b-movie horror flick,,...

me claiming these things on a public forum as this one makes me feel a bit awkward! As in many will think what a fruitcake. I mean im not even realy religous and i dont believe in superstitious evil. But this case just rocked my world, i feel like im in a book of Dan Brown!

But i cant just keep it to myself, ill go crzy :D

So, what i meant was,..

Invisible light = illuminatie, those enlightend but invisible.
Scientology church is heavily based on Aleister Crowleys works
The triangular logo of invisible light is another coincidence i hope :p

O gawddd

Marlon is in Netherlands, English second language.
I appreciate his/her esoteric input. It's another angle that reflects all the
offbeat "coincidences". Thanks Marlon.

(OT) As an aside, there is a lot of occult activity in LA, has been for years-but that's another topic not for the faint of heart. :twocents:

Light>dark was my apparently failed attempt at humour. I asked for a theory, simply because I do not know why the poem is being posted numerous times without some supporting theory to accompany it.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member