CA CA - Carol Andersen, 16, South Lake Tahoe, 1 July 1979

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by JusticeWillBeServed, Nov 3, 2015.

1. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Carol Andersen was a rising junior in Nevada during the summer of 1979. On June 30th, she left to attend a party despite her mother's wishes. Carol suffered from epilepsy and was rarely allowed to go out. The night she left was the last time her family saw her alive. Investigators believe that she hung out with friends at Regan's Beach and later got a ride to a party near the Heavenly Mountain Ski Resort. As people were leaving the party, several of them offered her a ride home but she wanted to stay behind. It is believed that she left the party at 11:30 that night but whether it was on foot or with someone is unknown.

In the early morning hours of July 1st, she was found dead on the side of the road. She was located four miles from the party and had been strangled to death. It's unknown if she was picked up by someone she knew or if she had been abducted. Her sister believes she was targeted. She's hoping for someone to come forward with information.

New push to solve teen's 1979 cold case murder

[video=youtube;iTXP4Qy758g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTXP4Qy758g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTXP4Qy758g[/video]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. tahoetess

tahoetess New Member

Is there a photograph of her? I lived in Tahoe during this time , doubt I know anything but a photo might be helpful!

4. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I couldn't find one. Most of the links on her case only included a picture of her headstone.

Find a Grave