CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO his silence is hurting the LAPD -and he knows that.
Imo, them shooting up innocents is hurting them. And to some (please note the operative word, "some"), making them look like an execution squad out to silence him.

That said, from my read of the court decision, I, personally, cannot say that I am surprised they let him go. Loose canons are a danger to not only the public but to those working with them.

Imo, them shooting up innocents is hurting them. And to some (please note the operative word, "some"), making them look like an execution squad out to silence him.

That said, from my read of the court decision, I, personally, cannot say that I am surprised they let him go. Loose cannons are a danger to not only the public but to those working with them.

I so agree with you about the shooting of the innocent victims. I have my very strong opinions about them, but they are best left untyped for now. Many of us think the only thing that happened was the kicking incident, but there were more instances..(from what i have read.) I think that he has been planning this from the day he was fired. JMO of course...

The one thing that bothers me-why didn't they file charges against him for filing a false report? IF it was really a false report?

With a $1,000,000 on his head.Do you think this will segregate information ,that could be used to help find him? Just sayin'...

Or add more craziness to the situation. Thats how i see it. Because before he said he would NOT harm anyone that wasn't directly related to LE. Now he will see everyone as the enemy.

A million-buck reward might sadly inspire more snafus - more shot delivery women. Vigilantes. Hoping not.

Or add more craziness to the situation. Thats how i see it. Because before he said he would NOT harm anyone that wasn't directly related to LE. Now he will see everyone as the enemy.

I thought the same. And I wonder how many bounty hunters will be crazy enough to try and find him to collect it.

LA times is now reporting LE is "Scaling-back" the Big Bear search. I KNEW IT ! I SAID IT LAST NIGHT W/ YOU GUYS!!! HE'S NOT UP THERE!

As of about an hour ago:

"The search for fugitive ex-cop Christopher Jordan Dorner continued in the Big Bear area Sunday, but the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said it had cut by half the number of personnel deployed in the effort.

About 25 officers remain on the ground and a helicopter continues to provide aerial support, authorities said. The number of officers was cut back because of the number of cabins and vacation homes already searched.

"On Sunday morning, authorities received a tip that Dorner may have been spotted down the mountain in San Bernardino, forcing the evacuation of an apartment complex, but it turned out to be a false alarm."

From the LATimes NowBlog which I can't quite link to because I have exceeded my limit for the month, however, it's here:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/

My "intent" was not to offend. funny how this keeps happening. i applaud your efforts w/ the Kelly Thomas case and any help for his Dad is honorable!! Kudos for that. i paint "landscapes" not ,Chris Dorners, in a good light. Unless ,your not from this area ,(Like you are) it's very hard to see the Justice from the "Forest".i hate Dorner!! and all he stands for !!! is this clear enough? i hope he listens to the Mayor and turns himself in ,with no more harm to anyone. Period. <modsnip> there's a Live news update @ 1:00 pacific time on Dorner case via LAPD ,tune everyone

I see you as a person with intelligence and a good heart. <modsnip> Sometimes things may only be supposed to go one way. Understand and go with it. It makes no difference in the end. Your feelings are your own, keep them - to thine own self be true.

More specifically I believe he stated in his ramblings that he wouldn't harm any law enforcement officials that weren't part of his list of LAPD he was intent on harming (unless they insisted on being a hero.) From what I understand regarding the police in Riverside, he ambushed them. Riverside is no where near Los Angeles and, though the names of the victims of that attack have not been released, I would be extremely surprised if either officer was on his list or were related to anyone on his list. He is a threat to everyone and has been since he was spotted getting gas in Corona and shot his way out of that situation. I am pretty certain his well thought out plan started going south at that point and he has been reacting to chance and circumstance ever since.

I do believe that they have held off on offering a large reward for his head until this point because the last thing law enforcement needs is casualties of good Samaritans trying to make some money.

I'd love to see a map with all the points of interest pinned.....or at least a list of all the addresses or general areas of points of interest along with dates. I might take a stab at making a map eventually when I have the time if no one else does. I sure hope LE finds CD soon before he hurts anyone else.

Some questions I have.....
Why did he throw a magazine of bullets, a military belt and helmet in the trash?
Also why did he leave his badge and wallet where he did?
Do you suppose it was all to just throw LE off as to where he was headed or maybe to stir up more fear in that it makes it seem as though he isn't afraid of being tracked etc?

MSM reports that his truck is gray, but the truck in the sur cam (dumping the mag) looks very dark in color especially compared to the truck found that was burned. Am I missing something here or are these different trucks?
The photos of the burned truck look to me like there are dents/damage on the doors...is that normal when metal burns? And the front bumper looks to be missing...??
BBM
He's taunting the police. He threw those in a dumpster across the street from a police station. The store in front of the dumpster also had an obvious surveillance camera.

Dorner manhunt: Torrance neighborhood edgy after mistaken shootings ( link )

6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee85cb1e4970d-640wi

Some Torrance residents remain on edge days after police officers participating in the massive manhunt for ex-LAPD Officer Christopher Jordan Dorner mistakenly shot up two pickups being driven by people not matching the description of the murder suspect.

Two women in a blue pickup, who were delivering copies of the Los Angeles Times, came under fire by Los Angeles Police Department officers on Thursday morning in what Police Chief Charlie Beck has described as a case of “mistaken identity.”

Moments later, Torrance Police Department officers responding to the gunfire slammed their cruiser into a black truck being driven by David Perdue and opened fire. Perdue’s attorney described the shooting as “unbridled police lawlessness” in an interview with The Times on Saturday.

[...]

Hundreds of people in California and across the nation have taken to social media to weigh in on the manhunt, with many citing the shootings in Torrance as an example of police overreaction during the search for Dorner.

Manhunt for fired LAPD officer heats up (emphasis added, mine. link )

LOS ANGELES -- The search for a former police officer suspected in three killings could heat up Sunday when authorities announce details of a reward that could reach $1 million for information leading to an arrest.

[...]

"Hopefully the reward will motivate people that may be involved with assisting him or might be reluctant to talk to us to call us and to put an end to this," Los Angeles police Sgt. Rudy Lopez said. Officials were trying to raise up to $1 million dollars, according to LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith.

As of about an hour ago:

"The search for fugitive ex-cop Christopher Jordan Dorner continued in the Big Bear area Sunday, but the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said it had cut by half the number of personnel deployed in the effort.

About 25 officers remain on the ground and a helicopter continues to provide aerial support, authorities said. The number of officers was cut back because of the number of cabins and vacation homes already searched.

"On Sunday morning, authorities received a tip that Dorner may have been spotted down the mountain in San Bernardino, forcing the evacuation of an apartment complex, but it turned out to be a false alarm."

From the LATimes NowBlog which I can't quite link to because I have exceeded my limit for the month, however, it's here:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/
I kept a vacation home in Big Bear for 15 years and we spend a lot of time up there biking and boarding.
This is a tourist town and I think he could blend in up there very easily early on. People all shapes and sizes in BB especially at this time of year. But access is limited.
If he stayed on the hill I think it would have been extremely difficult to have gotten down without with being revealed in a search.However, the headstart he seems to have gotten- he could have been down that hill in no-time and gone in countless directions. If he had not torched the truck I would assume he was still on the mountain. but since he drew attention to the vehicle instead of just leaving it on the side of the road where it may have easily gone unnnoticed- I think he is long , long gone.

Let's keep the personal carp off the board. thanks

discuss each others posts directly- agree or disagree. But don't talk about members like they can't hear you.
We can read your words and no one is fooling anyone.

LA times is now reporting LE is "Scaling-back" the Big Bear search. I KNEW IT ! I SAID IT LAST NIGHT W/ YOU GUYS!!! HE'S NOT UP THERE!

I don't think he is up there, either. I think he is out in the desert somewhere in the surrounding area of Los Angeles/San Bernardino counties or in an abandoned building somewhere. I think he stashed survival gear at his location prior to the murders on Sunday and was able to get down the mountain before anyone even knew he was up there and before more people had even heard the news about what was occurring. I live in Riverside county a few miles away from where the first police officer was shot and, that morning around the time school was starting, we were all debating whether or not we should bring our children to school knowing he was on the loose in our area. Little did we know his truck was already burning in Big Bear, some 70+ miles away. I could be wrong but I agree with you and would be very surprised if they found him up in that area after all of this time.

Man hunt for ex-soldier who shot police chief's daughter and killed policeman ( emphasis added, mine link )

Yesterday, as a task force of 125 officers, some riding Snowcats in the rugged terrain, continued their search, it was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

[...]

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.

I'd love to see a map with all the points of interest pinned.....or at least a list of all the addresses or general areas of points of interest along with dates. I might take a stab at making a map eventually when I have the time if no one else does. I sure hope LE finds CD soon before he hurts anyone else.

Some questions I have.....

MSM reports that his truck is gray, but the truck in the sur cam (dumping the mag) looks very dark in color especially compared to the truck found that was burned. Am I missing something here or are these different trucks?
The photos of the burned truck look to me like there are dents/damage on the doors...is that normal when metal burns? And the front bumper looks to be missing...??
There is a map on the scanner thread.
The truck was a very dark grey, a charcoal grey. I also have a Nissan that is Charcoal grey, and some people think it looks black, until you compare it to a black one...

I kept a vacation home in Big Bear for 15 years and we spend a lot of time up there biking and boarding.
This is a tourist town and I think he could blend in up there very easily early on. People all shapes and sizes in BB especially at this time of year. But access is limited.
If he stayed on the hill I think it would have been extremely difficult to have gotten down without with being revealed in a search.However, the headstart he seems to have gotten- he could have been down that hill in no-time and gone in countless directions. If he had not torched the truck I would assume he was still on the mountain. but since he drew attention to the vehicle instead of just leaving it on the side of the road where it may have easily gone unnnoticed- I think he is long , long gone.

I completely agree. He definitely had time to get down the mountain before anyone even knew what had occurred earlier in the morning. The fact that he intentionally set his truck on fire (or so it seems as we haven't heard of anything mechanically wrong with the truck that caused the fire) makes me believe he wants police up there looking for him....because he isn't there.

ETA - Knowing the area....coming down the mountain AFTER everyone knew about it would have been impossible. He would have been spotted. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine