CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser notes:

Mayor Villarigoso: "dedication remains steadfast, confidence is unshaken, this search is not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. I want CD to know that. To that end, we're all here for 1 purpose...to stand untied. Won't tolerate killer targeting families, LE, innocent people in this region."

Discussing pooling resources to discuss reward.

Announcing 1,000,000 for info leading to capture. Will not tolerate reign of terror that has robbed us of peace of mind that we deserve."

Speaking on how safe we are because of LAPD/LASO, and others in area make region safe. Working with Federal agents as well. Seamlessly working together.

(introducing all present)

Thanking all officers for ansewring call of duty. Marveling at how wonderful they are, and how the residents have been helping. Give out tips number.

Charlie Beck:

Best-
Herding Cats
A second reward, worth $100,000, could also be on the way, a spokesman for Los Angeles County Supervisor Mike Antonovich said Sunday.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...evenge-Shootings-190588451.html#ixzz2KX1jN7ZY

The morning his truck was found intentionally burning several hours after he abandoned it the roads leading out of Big Bear weren't snowy. It was cold (not freezing that night/morning) and foggy. The snow storm hadn't hit yet.

Right and as far as we know it could have been there for many hours before being discovered at 8:30 ish. iirc the truck was burnt when found, smoldering not burning and flaming. He had a good head start.

Boy just a couple days ago they were under fire for not offering a reward at all.
They really went all out on this one.

His confidence must be shaken by now. He tried to steal a boat & failed. He dropped his briefcase & badge on the street. He dumped his ammo in a trash bin & it was found & turned in. Then he lost his truck & had to abandon guns and ammo.

He claimed to be a real Rambo type in his manifesto - but he's made too many mistakes. IMO, he's not as clever as he portrays himself to be. More of a show-off than a serious threat. Who in their right mind sends a list of targets to a tv show before they kill all the targets?

I think he left his briefcase and his badge there by the San Diego airport on purpose. And he tied up that old man on his boat, told him he was headed to Mexico, then left abruptly. That too was staged, imo. So the authorities were all caught up searching the entrances to Mexico and searching the airport. But he was already headed to big Bear by then. The truck MIGHT have been a mistake, but maybe not. That might have been staged as well.

I am afraid that he is stalking one of his targets right now, in a place we least expect it.

Right and as far as we know it could have been there for many hours before being discovered at 8:30 ish. iirc the truck was burnt when found, smoldering not burning and flaming. He had a good head start.

Yep. It actually had been burning since the night before.

His truck was found on a fire access/forest service road above and between two major ski resorts. There has been speculation he was planning to pick off LE that went skiing with complimentary lift tickets.

Nobody could identify which of the many skiers on the slopes were LE. It's not like LE was going to ski in their uniforms. Scary.

Man hunt for ex-soldier who shot police chief's daughter and killed policeman ( emphasis added, mine link )

Yesterday, as a task force of 125 officers, some riding Snowcats in the rugged terrain, continued their search, it was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

[...]

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.

WHAT?!? :what:

there's no question of the drones being used to fire on dorner, just to find him

still sets a precedent for their more widespread use in future though

The guy is dead. More than likely he committed suicide already. He did everything he set out to do, he released his manifesto, got media attention drawn to it with his shooting spree and has put the LAPD under the microscope. There was nothing else for him to do, and he had to know once he killed the cops that there was no way he was coming out of this alive.

I don't think so. His goal was to get an apology and "clear his name." I don't think he is done.

Popsicle, any way you can source that info? This is the first I'm hearing of it being the night before - I've just heard that it was found around 9 am Thursday, and we know Dorner was in *that* truck when he shot the officers in Corona and Riverside at 1:30-2 am Thursday.

So could you source that, please? TIA!

Best-
Herding Cats

Popsicle, any way you can source that info? This is the first I'm hearing of it being the night before - I've just heard that it was found around 9 am Thursday, and we know Dorner was in *that* truck when he shot the officers in Corona and Riverside at 1:30-2 am Thursday.

So could you source that, please? TIA!

Best-
Herding Cats

Sure, hang on.

His truck was found on a fire access/forest service road above and between two major ski resorts. There has been speculation he was planning to pick off LE that went skiing with complimentary lift tickets.

I highly doubt that he would have started randomly shooting people skiing. There were military, fire fighters, etc. there as well. Unless he had reason to believe a specific LA police officer or family member would have been there.

Forestry was doing controlled burn. My cousin was up there and saw the smoke Wednesday night as did lots of people. 911 was called, but people were mistakenly told it was remenants from controlled burn because the burn happened in same area. So it was right place right time for Dorner to make fire and have it continue with no response. My cousin said smoke all night until they went to bed. She was staying on Clover Drive and when it was found out it was actually a truck and not only that, but the truck they were looking for, they towed it out of there right next to where my cousin was staying.

I highly doubt that he would have started randomly shooting people skiing. There were military, fire fighters, etc. there as well. Unless he had reason to believe a specific LA police officer or family member would have been there.

I think this was his plan exactly. What about Quan's fiance? If Dorner had hit a few military or firefighters along with LE and LE family members, he would have just considered it collateral damage.

That was my exact look when wfgodot told me that this morning. I'm still trying to fix my eyes!
I'm still looking for a source other than the original one (which was the Sunday Express, a middle-market UK tabloid) for the info. It's been picked up by at least one L.A. Times/blog person, and used on a score of non-MSM blog sites. I would be surprised if they weren't using drones though. It's been done in OK when a family went missing. This may be the first time a citizen has been hunted on U.S. soil with that capability, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong