CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. It actually had been burning since the night before.

IIRC It was close to 1:45am on Thursday morning that he shot the two police officers in Riverside. I believe he immediately went to Big Bear (about an hour away) from Riverside. I remember reading that there were reports of a burning truck around 8:30am on Thursday morning. Around here, we didn't hear about the Big Bear link until closer to noon. That gives him a heck of a head start.

Popsicle, any way you can source that info? This is the first I'm hearing of it being the night before - I've just heard that it was found around 9 am Thursday, and we know Dorner was in *that* truck when he shot the officers in Corona and Riverside at 1:30-2 am Thursday.

So could you source that, please? TIA!

Best-
Herding Cats

It was linked way upthread somewhere. I will try and find it again. But there is a statement put out by the local fire dept saying the truck was on fire ALL NIGHT before it was discovered.

SAT FEB 9, 2013, 11:50 PM
SEARCH FOR CHRISTOPHER DORNER
2N10 FRST / CLUB VIEW DR, BIG BEAR LAKE
THIS INCIDENT PINNED TO THE TOP. SEE MORE RECENT INCIDENTS BELOW THIS ONE.

TACTICAL TEAMS WERE DISPATCHED TO THE AREA OF BEAR MOUNTAIN AT AROUND 10:15AM ON THURSDAY

MANHUNT IN THE MOUNTAINS OF BIG BEAR FOR CHRISTOPHER DORNER WHOS VEHICLE WAS FOUND BURNT OUT (MOSTLY DESTROYED) EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.

FIRST DISPATCHED AS A VEHICLE FIRE AT 9:40AM ON THURSDAY. CLUB VIEW DR AT 2N10 - BBL *STAGE* X SO ON SCENE VEHICLE WAS ON FIRE LAST NIGHT AND STILL SMOKING NOW SO OS
NOTE: US FOREST SERVICE HAS BEEN REQUESTED TO RESPOND TO THIS INCIDENT
NOTE: STAGE OUT OF THE AREA AND AWAIT LAW ENFORCEMENT
ME96 FEDCOM MT281 MIS BE281 MA281 BC3105 FROM BIG BEAR LAKE FIRE RESPONDING

http://socalmountains.com/incident/

So he had ALL NIGHT to get away. :furious:

Forestry was doing controlled burn. My cousin was up there and saw the smoke Wednesday night as did lots of people. 911 was called, but people were mistakenly told it was remenants from controlled burn because the burn happened in same area. So it was right place right time for Dorner to make fire and have it continue with no response. My cousin said smoke all night until they went to bed. She was staying on Clover Drive and when it was found out it was actually a truck and not only that, but the truck they were looking for, they towed it out of there right next to where my cousin was staying.
I posted a link yesterday, I think, or the day before, on the other thread, to a report from the Grizzley, a Big Bear news source that said essentially the same thing as you have just said. He left it in the area of a controlled burn. They were planning on doing more burning that day.

I'm thinkin the LA cops wanna kill this clown before he can talk to the media.

I think it's more like because he killed one of their brothers and their brothers innocent daughter and fiancé.

popsicle, any way you can source that info? This is the first i'm hearing of it being the night before - i've just heard that it was found around 9 am thursday, and we know dorner was in *that* truck when he shot the officers in corona and riverside at 1:30-2 am thursday.

So could you source that, please? Tia!

Best-
herding cats

first dispatched as a vehicle fire at 9:40am on thursday. Club view dr at 2n10 - bbl *stage* x so on scene vehicle was on fire last night and still smoking now so os.

Well, if he left Riverside right after shooting/killing the officers (2am, generally), and it takes +/- 75 minutes (or 09 or so), that means he was in BB at no later than 3:30 am.

So, if he parked and set the truck on fire at that time...well...he's been long gone.

Long. Freakin'. Gone.

Best-
Herding Cats

Man hunt for ex-soldier who shot police chief's daughter and killed policeman ( emphasis added, mine link )

Yesterday, as a task force of 125 officers, some riding Snowcats in the rugged terrain, continued their search, it was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

[...]

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.

This is frightening on so many levels . . .

I think this was his plan exactly. What about Quan's fiance? If Dorner had hit a few military or firefighters along with LE and LE family members, he would have just considered it collateral damage.

If he started shooting at random skiers on the mountain the chances of him hitting a police officer and/or family member would be slim (as it was mentioned earlier they wouldn't be skiing in their uniform) even if they were giving away free lift tickets (ETA- the lift tickets weren't free, they were discounted tickets....not even half off) on that day. I don't think randomly shooting at skiers was ever part of his plan as I don't think he wants to randomly shoot anyone, let alone fire fighters and military. Remember, Quan's fiance was a "relative" of an intended victim. His manifesto claims he wouldn't harm LE from any other agencies unless they were trying to be a hero. I think he shot the Riverside police officers out of a demented "necessity" to start the ball rolling after he was spotted in Corona and shot his way out of being apprehended right then and there. All my opinion, of course.

ETA - And if that was his intent he definitely had the time to do it, but didn't.

SAT FEB 9, 2013, 11:50 PM
SEARCH FOR CHRISTOPHER DORNER
2N10 FRST / CLUB VIEW DR, BIG BEAR LAKE
THIS INCIDENT PINNED TO THE TOP. SEE MORE RECENT INCIDENTS BELOW THIS ONE.

TACTICAL TEAMS WERE DISPATCHED TO THE AREA OF BEAR MOUNTAIN AT AROUND 10:15AM ON THURSDAY

MANHUNT IN THE MOUNTAINS OF BIG BEAR FOR CHRISTOPHER DORNER WHOS VEHICLE WAS FOUND BURNT OUT (MOSTLY DESTROYED) EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.

FIRST DISPATCHED AS A VEHICLE FIRE AT 9:40AM ON THURSDAY. CLUB VIEW DR AT 2N10 - BBL *STAGE* X SO ON SCENE VEHICLE WAS ON FIRE LAST NIGHT AND STILL SMOKING NOW SO OS
NOTE: US FOREST SERVICE HAS BEEN REQUESTED TO RESPOND TO THIS INCIDENT
NOTE: STAGE OUT OF THE AREA AND AWAIT LAW ENFORCEMENT
ME96 FEDCOM MT281 MIS BE281 MA281 BC3105 FROM BIG BEAR LAKE FIRE RESPONDING

http://socalmountains.com/incident/

So he had ALL NIGHT to get away. :furious:
This location in between Snow Summit and Bear Mt would not have any traffic. It could have been stashed in the woods for a long time. IMO, the truck was clearly set on fire for attention.

On another note with regards to shooting or killing randoms- I think that he has already shown us that he does not have regard for collateral damage.
IMO, if he had to take out a roomful of people to achieve the objective of killing one target- he would do it.
JMHO of course.

The drone aspect/possibility is getting lots of play on the Twitter, I will say.
Dark Matter ‏@exoticneutrino
And so it begins. #Dorner #drones #dronewars

Well, if he left Riverside right after shooting/killing the officers (2am, generally), and it takes +/- 75 minutes (or 09 or so), that means he was in BB at no later than 3:30 am.

So, if he parked and set the truck on fire at that time...well...he's been long gone.

Long. Freakin'. Gone.

Best-
Herding Cats
I think he is long gone also.
I was riding in Tour de Palm Springs this weekend- and it is just a hop skip from BB. There were 11k riders there and honestly- I saw countless people of his shape and size. Even with the strong police presence for the cycling event-he could have hid out in PS very easily.
ETA: all he had to do was put on a biking helmet and walk around. No one would have given him a second thought.

The drone aspect/possibility is getting lots of play on the Twitter, I will say.

Why is this even a topic? Why are people so much more worried about drones than say, helicopters?You all do realize that these drones aren't the same ones the military uses don't you?

Nobody could identify which of the many skiers on the slopes were LE. It's not like LE was going to ski in their uniforms. Scary.
the truck was found on the ridge looking at the Bear Mtn slopes. w/ binoculars or a scope on his weapon it would be like he was standing right in front of whoever he's interested in, whether they were in the parking lot or waiting in line for cocoa or getting their lift ticket attached

most of the chatter re activity/searches was in areas directly below the road in question, which runs between Bear Mtn and Snow Summit and a bit further west as well. there was particular interest in neighborhoods directly below Snow Summit and Bear Mtn, and also in neighborhoods directly below the west end of the road. LE wasn't looking from one end of the valley to the other, or looking way over here for awhile and then way over there for awhile. it was all about a very small area. the road in question is also the only off-road access down the back/south side of the mtn, about 4 miles to a major hwy leading down to the flatlands

Why is this even a topic? Why are people so much more worried about drones than say, helicopters?You all do realize that these drones aren't the same ones the military uses don't you?
It's a topic because people are interested in it.

Man hunt for ex-soldier who shot police chief's daughter and killed policeman ( emphasis added, mine link )

Yesterday, as a task force of 125 officers, some riding Snowcats in the rugged terrain, continued their search, it was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

[...]

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.

Actually, this is not accurate. A drone was used in ND in 2011 to assist in the arrest of a US Citizen.

A drone checking out pickups might have been better and not resulted in the elderly lady being shot in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam