CA - Claire Christie, 24, Humboldt County, 30 March 1977

Discussion in 'Humboldt County' started by MysticJynx, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ButtsMgutts

ButtsMgutts New Member

I know this thread is ancient history, but my dad spoke to Ernest Christie III before he left town and, like... the stories he had about growing up with Earnie were so ****** up. I was in Fieldbrook the day that the cops located the remains of Lysandra Turpin.

I don't have much to add. I really appreciate all the work ya'll have done. It's really impressive.

Lilibet and MysticJynx like this.

2. zeero

zeero New Member

Hello All!

My grandmother is a Hupa native and grew up in Humboldt county. I want to add Andrea "Chick" White as a possible victim. Chick is my grandma's best friends daughter, so she saw Chick quite a bit. My grandmother said that the story she's heard from people is that Chick was stuffed into a giant redwood tree Son says father killed woman in 1988, guides police to remains - CNN.com
    Considering Christie held a woman hostage in one, I think he may be connected.
    My grandma said she heard this in the mid to late 90s, before the turpin case was revealed.
    I know it is all speculation, but it's all we have. I wish people would stop leaving Chick out in humboldt discussions

Lilibet and Mountain Mama like this.
  3. Siskiyoumom

Siskiyoumom New Member

Jessie Armstrong on Facebook, has been a strong advocate for missing Native American men, women and teens missing from the Northern California communities. May Chick be found.

Lilibet, Mountain Mama and MysticJynx like this.
  4. Lilibet

Lilibet Well-Known Member

Welcome @ButtsMgutts, @zeero and @Siskiyoumom. It’s really helpful to have locals on these threads. I left Humboldt in 1984 but still try to keep track of news there.