Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that will come out at trial, and will be largely based on statements documented from the other children, and the experts who interviewed them. Of course, unless, one of the two "parents" rats on the other. So far, they are sticking to their narrative. Let's see how long that lasts when reality sinks in.

Amateur opinion and speculation

They may stay with their story, or...blame the older kids? I don't know. The real question is, where are the bodies? Someone knows the answer to that. And if they don't even admit that...there is a problem. If they try to blame the other children, then why didn't they report the kids missing when it happened?

I hope that they get charged with fraud, lying to police, and tons of other charges. After all, if Casey Anthony was found "Not Guilty"...who knows ?!

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) — Sixteen months have passed since toddlers Orrin and Orson West were first reported missing. Last month, adoptive parents Trazell and Jacqueline West were arrested on murder charges. Now, the boys' biological mother and maternal grandmother are demanding $40 million in damages from the county.

They sent a claim to the Board of Supervisors, and it is expected to be reviewed at their next meeting on Tuesday during their closed session.

More at Orrin and Orson West's biological mother, grandmother seek $40 million from county

Yeah, um, no.

I admire the spunk, but agree with um, no.

Wonder how much a lawyer thought they would gain, monetarily & publicity-wise, during this?

jmho ymmv lrr

I agree $40MM is ridiculous. Pettus, the bio father also filed suit against Kern County and the State late last year. They are willing to let a jury make the award, if it indeed goes to trial without settling first. Legally speaking, how does sending a claim to the BOS work vs. the path Pettus took?

I feel for the parties who have filed suit. But I'm also curious about the true details of how this mess really unfolded. I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle, regarding taking the boys from the home and not allowing family members to take custody. But if Kern County didn't follow their own rules/protocols in terminating parental rights and placing the boys with the two monsters who killed them, then there is a place for a reasonable monetary award.

More importantly though, the investigation should result in some reform, as well as insight into how Orrin & Orson were given to them, despite the fact they had two bio-kids and two fosters, with no income? I can see one parent who doesn't work outside the home, but both? Doesn't that make the situation more prone to a "for profit" scenario? I guess there isn't a one size fits all playing field, there could be reasons for both parents to care for the children. Maybe that isn't fair of me to say.

@Laughing what do you think Kern County's motivation was in allowing the West's to adopt? What are the requirements they had to meet?

@Knox , information about adopting in Cali was posted waaaay upthread.

The Wests were apparently able to successfully adopt the other 2 boys, and were apparently successfully raising their 2 biological children. As far as we know, of course.

What went wrong? Might be revealed at trial?

Was probably revealed by the older 4 boys.

Has one parent or the other rolled yet, or accepted a plea to keep this all quiet?

We won't be the only people unhappy, angry, or downright livid if/when cause & manner of death are released.

All 6 boys were put in an awful situation, and the older 4 will live with it forever imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

From the link:

"This morning I'm saddened to announce that the investigation has revealed that Orrin and Orson West are deceased," Kern County District Attorney Cynthia Zimmer said at a press conference Wednesday. "The investigation has also revealed that they died three months before their adoptive parents reported them missing."

I'm new to this thread. Does it say anywhere how they know the boys are dead?

If they were trafficked, abducted or sold, this boy they found in Indiana, could match one of them.

@Knox , information about adopting in Cali was posted waaaay upthread.

The Wests were apparently able to successfully adopt the other 2 boys, and were apparently successfully raising their 2 biological children. As far as we know, of course.

What went wrong? Might be revealed at trial?

Was probably revealed by the older 4 boys.

Has one parent or the other rolled yet, or accepted a plea to keep this all quiet?

We won't be the only people unhappy, angry, or downright livid if/when cause & manner of death are released.

All 6 boys were put in an awful situation, and the older 4 will live with it forever imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

Exactly! Typically if a child is hurt or injured badly while on a parent’s watch is because they were not being watched or because some parent lost it and hurt the child in some way, but two children dead?!? How? The house didn’t have a swimming pool. I highly doubt TW and JW had some sort of premeditated plan to just kill these boys. I am almost wondering if it was a situation where they were giving them Benadryl or something on a regular basis to get a break for themselves and JW and TW got their wires crossed and both gave them a dose and didn’t realize it until it was too late.

JMO, I think we will learn food was being withheld and they were not free to move about. I shudder to think what the other kids saw and heard.

My speculation and opinion only: "Not free to move about" is what I'm also thinking might have happened, but is there a reason you think food might have been withheld? That would be so heartbreaking to learn.
These boys deserved and needed the most patient and loving home, as being removed from the biological home is so traumatic for children.

My speculation and opinion only: "Not free to move about" is what I'm also thinking might have happened, but is there a reason you think food might have been withheld? That would be so heartbreaking to learn.
These boys deserved and needed the most patient and loving home, as being removed from the biological home is so traumatic for children.
MOO some of the pictures show a difference in appearance of the face. We discussed that way back when and debated the loss of baby fat.

MOO some of the pictures show a difference in appearance of the face. We discussed that way back when and debated the loss of baby fat.
I couldn't tell by looking at the pictures whether or not there was a significant change in appearance, but they had been taken long before the boys disappeared. That there were no recent pictures of them was a big red flag.

I think it's possible that food was withheld, since it seems to be common among child abusers.

The only reason that I can think of is because it gives the abuser power and control. Maybe even satisfaction.

It can't be just because the parents spent too much money on themselves and had none left over to buy food. If your children are hungry you will find a way to feed them. Imo.

Many years ago in upstate NY, a 3 year old boy was beaten, burned, and tortured for a couple of days until he died. The reason the parents gave? He "stole" a piece of candy. I have heard of many similar cases since then. Too many.

I'll never understand it. I doubt there was only one incident that caused the boys death. They were probably abused over a period of time, like so many other cases.

I always thought witness testimony from the other children would be crucial in this case. Whatever happened to their brothers will probably haunt them forever. I hope they can begin to heal with their new families. They probably never new what normal parents were like. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine