Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree -- especially if the state is relying on minor children as key witnesses. I wish they would locate the bodies of the innocents. The unbelievable cruelty...
So frustrating after CA! Hopefully the jury will convict on all charges. These sad excuses for humans need to pay!
ETA my response… still getting used to the changes here.

I agree -- especially if the state is relying on minor children as key witnesses. I wish they would locate the bodies of the innocents. The unbelievable cruelty...

Yes. And in the CA trial, the prosecution had the body. The "knee jerk" reaction to want the highest level of charges against people who kill children is understandable. But the important thing is to get a felony conviction. That is what counts.

JUN 20, 2022
The maternal grandfather of Orrin and Orson West has filed a claim against the county arguing the children were wrongfully removed from their parents’ home, marking the latest legal action taken in connection with the boys, who are presumed dead.

The claim filed by attorney Waukeen McCoy on behalf of Leif Dean says Dean tried to get custody of the boys but “he was never given notice of the Child Protective Services’ proceedings, and his requests to take them were ignored.” The claim seeks an amount in excess of $25,000.

[...]

Others who have taken legal action against the county are the boy’s mother, Ryan Dean, maternal grandmother, Dana Moorer, father, Charles Pettus, and paternal grandmother, Brenda Pettus.

Ryan Dean and her mother are seeking $40 million from the Kern County Department of Human Services, alleging negligence on its part contributed to the boys’ deaths.

[...]

JUN 19, 2022
[...]

Leif Dean, the maternal grandfather, seeks upward of $25,000 in a civil case against Child Protective Services, an agency under the Department of Human Services. He maintains the agency ignored his requests to gain custody of Orrin, 4, and Orson West, 3, after they were adopted by Trezell and Jacqueline West. The claim is filed under the Kern County Board of Supervisors Tuesday agenda.

“His rights … were taken away and divested when CPS did what they did and handled everything inappropriately,” said Antonio Castillo, Dean’s attorney. The biological family “begged and pleaded with CPS to put the boys” in their custody, Castillo added.

[...]

Castillo is also representing the toddlers’ biological father, Charles Pettus, and paternal grandmother, Brenda Pettus, who have filed a lawsuit against CPS making similar allegations. He said he hopes to add Dean to the lawsuit. Kern County has rejected the claim, the attorney added.

[...]

Castillo said the standard procedure dictates asking the biological family to take care of the children before removing parental rights, and CPS didn’t do that.

[...]

Graham, the assistant county counsel, said Kern County will have 45 days to review the claim.

Video and article, June 21

Wow, lots of details in that article, although the boys were not in foster care, they had been legally adopted. So there could be other errors in that article.

So the birthfather, CP, was the "babysitter" that triggered the first CPS removal. RD came home and the baby was crying uncontrollably and what was CP doing ? CP was the first one to file a lawsuit against the county - I find that unpalatable. Just my opinion.

Wow, lots of details in that article, although the boys were not in foster care, they had been legally adopted. So there could be other errors in that article.

So the birthfather, CP, was the "babysitter" that triggered the first CPS removal. RD came home and the baby was crying uncontrollably and what was CP doing ? CP was the first one to file a lawsuit against the county - I find that unpalatable. Just my opinion.
I recall the biological mother telling the story about coming home to find the child crying after being in the care of a babysitter.

I didn't realize the baby sitter was the child's own father, though. I can't imagine how giving the baby a bath could have caused a leg fracture. I wonder if Dean herself believed him.

The article states that the children were removed illegally, according to the attorney. This is the first I've heard this stated as fact. I'm curious what evidence they have.

They are going to have a hard time proving their case if the biological father was responsible for the child's injuries.

I recall the biological mother telling the story about coming home to find the child crying after being in the care of a babysitter.

I didn't realize the baby sitter was the child's own father, though. I can't imagine how giving the baby a bath could have caused a leg fracture. I wonder if Dean herself believed him.

The article states that the children were removed illegally, according to the attorney. This is the first I've heard this stated as fact. I'm curious what evidence they have.

They are going to have a hard time proving their case if the biological father was responsible for the child's injuries.
I had no idea CP was the "babysitter" either and I always thought this person was a boyfriend she was protecting. In my opinion, if a 3 month old arrives at the hospital with both legs broken and there is no medical reason, then CPS has every right to remove the baby from the home. Both legs broken is a terrible red flag. I can't imagine being at home with the baby and hearing him crying and not noticing his legs while I gave him not one, but two baths.

I remember the Cal City Police Chief said that the case was investigated and no charges were filed. When he said that, I thought well, maybe there was no evidence. But now my gut tells me maybe not enough evidence for Bakersfield to prosecute CP.

I totally agree with you that his case will be hard to prove and and RD's as well.

they were initially in foster care though. i have always thought the speed in which they were adopted out was not right. look how quick they gave oakley carlson back as soon as her parents showed interest? they didnt take her siblings away from the mom at birth. something stinks here.

I had no idea CP was the "babysitter" either and I always thought this person was a boyfriend she was protecting. In my opinion, if a 3 month old arrives at the hospital with both legs broken and there is no medical reason, then CPS has every right to remove the baby from the home. Both legs broken is a terrible red flag. I can't imagine being at home with the baby and hearing him crying and not noticing his legs while I gave him not one, but two baths.

I remember the Cal City Police Chief said that the case was investigated and no charges were filed. When he said that, I thought well, maybe there was no evidence. But now my gut tells me maybe not enough evidence for Bakersfield to prosecute CP.

I totally agree with you that his case will be hard to prove and and RD's as well.
this may be true. they both got broken somehow.

they were initially in foster care though. i have always thought the speed in which they were adopted out was not right. look how quick they gave oakley carlson back as soon as her parents showed interest? they didnt take her siblings away from the mom at birth. something stinks here.
I am aware they were initially in foster care but the article states they died in foster care and under the state foster care system, which is not true.

I don't believe they were taken too quickly. It appears she had at least 18 months and according to her own reports, did not comply with the requirements they set out for her.

It just didn't make any sense to me, that the boys were "fast tracked" into adoption that quickly. I think that this is a "Pandora's Box", that should be opened and reviewed. Because something similar happened in Florida, with Nubia and Victor Barahona. Siblings, put up for adoption. There were red flags everywhere, but the adoption went through. No follow up by CPS, despite numerous reports from the school officials....until the kids were removed from school. The adoptive father, killed Nubia and tortured both children. No trial yet...Nubia has been dead over ten years. Longer than she was alive.

I am interested in these cases, because they seem to never really see the harsh light of investigation on them. There are so many....I won't be surprised if this case gets pushed for years, or a deal is given to the perpetrators, no trial, keep the information hidden.

Poor sweet boys. Clearly they didn't care about their rights while they were alive. Now they want to jump on the lawsuit circuit. SMH.

I am aware they were initially in foster care but the article states they died in foster care and under the state foster care system, which is not true.

I don't believe they were taken too quickly. It appears she had at least 18 months and according to her own reports, did not comply with the requirements they set out for her.
oakley was in foster care for 3 years and no one took her parents rights.

It just didn't make any sense to me, that the boys were "fast tracked" into adoption that quickly. I think that this is a "Pandora's Box", that should be opened and reviewed. Because something similar happened in Florida, with Nubia and Victor Barahona. Siblings, put up for adoption. There were red flags everywhere, but the adoption went through. No follow up by CPS, despite numerous reports from the school officials....until the kids were removed from school. The adoptive father, killed Nubia and tortured both children. No trial yet...Nubia has been dead over ten years. Longer than she was alive.

I am interested in these cases, because they seem to never really see the harsh light of investigation on them. There are so many....I won't be surprised if this case gets pushed for years, or a deal is given to the perpetrators, no trial, keep the information hidden.
bingo!!!! "we cant comment due to confidentiality" hmmmmm

The father's story about two baths and the child presenting with two broken legs makes me think angry undressing following a diaper overflow mess.
honestly, probably so. so many potty or diaper accidents in abuse cases.

these kids may have never had a chance. but i still think the foster system in kern county needs investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74