Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a little boy playing with toys he looks depressed
JMO; I'm not a doctor, and don't even play one on the internet:

The pale skin and vomiting could have been a number of things. As a parent, I would've taken him to the ER for fear of meningitis. But as this pair didn't seem to even consider doing that, I fear it may have had a more sinister source, such as concussion.

The "thud" the older child heard just conjures all kinds of horrific images. :(
This is what I was thinking and the pics from knox seem to me the boys look different. It is hard to tell but possibly thinner from what Knox said about depriving them of food/drink.
So one of the boys could have been sick from virus or malnutrition and then possible abuse.

That's why they kept it a secret. Foster parents get money to take care of the kids, but money that is left over can be spent on housing and such, so it pays to keep the expenses low. In fact, if they can find ways to not spend any of the foster money on the foster kids, they can fund a decent lifestyle for themselves and their bio children.

But something was about to happen to make people wonder where the boys were, so they reported them missing. My guess is they figured they would get a huge outpouring of sympathy and support, and that would help them avoid hard questions while giving them time to fine-tune their story.
Short sighted secret if their goal in adopting Orrin and Orson was financially motivated? Maybe in the beginning that wasn't it. But the boys proved to be more than they could tolerate as time went on.

MAR 29, 2023
1680148595981.png

In a two hour video played in court Wednesday, police confronted the father of two missing California City boys about alleged contradictions relating to their disappearance.

[...]

Trezell West laid out each move he made when Orrin, 4, and Orson, 3, reportedly vanished from their California City backyard three days before Christmas in 2020.

But then, after about a hour and a half of questions, police changed the script.

“You have not been honest with us,” ...

Police told Trezell in the video they had interviewed his four children and learned they hadn’t seen Orrin or Orson in weeks. The police said the children had said their parents told them Orrin and Orson would be back soon.

All four had the same story, contradicting the Wests’ accounts ...

“I have nothing else to say,” Trezell West said as the videotaped interview drew to a close.
The entire video wasn’t finished playing by Wednesday and will resume Thursday. Defense attorneys haven’t yet had an opportunity to cross examine information presented by the prosecution.

[...]

Last edited:
MAR 29, 2023
[...]

During his testimony, officer Hansen told smith he and his partner, officer Cabrielas were looking for dirty diapers in trash cans and for child shoe prints in the dirt of the West’s backyard all in an effort to find any sign of the boys being there. but they did no find either of those.

Officer Hansen continued to question in the video and then demanded from Trezell that he wants the truth. Trezell then responded by saying, "I told you the truth."

The officer then referenced security video from around the time the boys were reported missing and told Trezell that the video never shows the boys.

[...]

Trezell explains during the interview that he and his wife did not want to adopt girls because "girls have issues. Like, other issues." Emphasis was put on the word "other."

He also explained that the boys were separated from the other four children due to having "issues"

four children, saying he would like to move on for their sake. He explained that his main goal was to protect all six children and that he was concerned about his "main four"

IMO - They didn't actually want to help children who had struggles or problems. They didn't see Orrin and Orson as equally- important members of the family compared to everyone else. They treated them as outsiders.

Last edited:
Just me, speculating:

I get the impression they adopted the boys because they thought they could make them part of the family; but it just didn't work. I suspect by the time they had to admit they couldn't do it, they had committed in too many ways. They needed the money to pay the bills, their extended families cared about the kids, the CPS workers wouldn't be happy if they sent 'em back...so they slowly disengaged.

They told the other kids to stop playing with them, they made excuses like "they cry too much" to justify failing to provide for them, and then when disaster struck one they just let it strike. Maybe just having one -and income for two- helped for a while, but when disaster just never seemed to strike the other they did it themselves. :(

Whatever the truth is, it isn't pretty. :(

I get the impression they adopted the boys because they thought they could make them part of the family; but it just didn't work

The boys were only 3 and 4-years-old. They went into foster care in 2018 and missing in 2020. How much time could the Wests have really tried to help them become part of the family, and what kind of professional help did they seek for the boys and their family? A year or two of bare minimum effort, no outside help that we know of so far... MOO.
Let's see them dare claim they "tried." (I feel anger toward them -- not you.)

IMO - They didn't actually want to help children who had struggles or problems. They didn't see Orrin and Orson as equally- important members of the family compared to everyone else. They treated them as outsiders.

The boys were only 3 and 4-years-old. They went into foster care in 2018 and missing in 2020. How much time could the Wests have really tried to help them become part of the family, and what kind of professional help did they seek for the boys and their family? A year or two of bare minimum effort, no outside help that we know of so far... MOO.
Let's see them dare claim they "tried." (I feel anger toward them -- not you.)
I absolutely agree with you. When I listened to Trezell talk about himself, it made me think he is the kind of person who wants to take credit for taking in these poor, abused black boys but had no intention of providing a loving, supportive home from them. He just wanted the social currency.

The audio was hard to hear at times, but I thought I heard him say that the kids had soup 2 days in a row and then had ramen the third day. I'm not sure what the context was, if someone could enlighten me, please. It had me wondering if they had enough to eat.

Wow I hate how genuine and likable defense (Tim Hennessy?) is… making this officer seem like an incompetent lazy jerk while being extremely gracious and patient lol I’m so uncomfortable!!

ETA “lazy jerk” as incompetent wasn’t the only trait the defense made clear… he even said at the time he was lead investigator, he did not prepare at all for this trial.. all a huge yikes for me..

JUSTICE FOR THE BOYS

Last edited:
Wow I hate how genuine and likable defense is… making this officer seem like an incompetent jerk while being extremely gracious and patient lol I’m so uncomfortable!!

ETA “jerk” as incompetent wasn’t the only trait the defense made clear… he even said at the time he was lead investigator, he did not prepare at all for this trial.. all a big yikes for me

JUSTICE FOR THE BOYS
This officer is not coming across very well.

Wow I hate how genuine and likable defense is… making this officer seem like an incompetent lazy jerk while being extremely gracious and patient lol I’m so uncomfortable!!

ETA “lazy jerk” as incompetent wasn’t the only trait the defense made clear… he even said at the time he was lead investigator, he did not prepare at all for this trial.. all a huge yikes for me..

JUSTICE FOR THE BOYS
I find both of them repugnant.

She’s intense. Im glad they have sharp lawyers I suppose :rolleyes:
It's the only thing I wish for baby killers -- an adequate defense team. This will be the last of these individuals for the remainder of their lives. And the environment that awaits them despises baby killers. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member