CA CA - Corrine Hagler, 17, Burbank, 1 Oct 1980

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Most recent photo - taken months before disappearance.

Corrine at about 7 years old. Photo taken circa 1969, 11 years before disappearance.

Corrine circa 1976 - Approx age 13 (about 4-5 years prior to disappearance)

Photo taken circa 1977-78 (2 to 3 years before disappearance)

Circa 1979-1980. Note burn scar on forearm

Corrine Anita Hagler
Nickname: Cori
Los Angeles County, California
17 year old white female

Height (inches)63.0 to 65.0
Weight (pounds)130.0 to 160.0

Hair: Brown; Shoulder-length - Possibly permed.
Eyes: Hazel; Combined Blue and hazel.

Large burn scar on right forearm caused by iron.

Pigmented Mole on abdomen above navel.

Tattoos: Three dots forming a triangle on web of thumb and forefinger (Unsure whether right or left).

Three ribs broken in Feb 1976

Last seen at home address. Father reported that she left home, possibly for Texas.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34769/

Corinne Anita Hagler
  • corinne_anita_hagler_1.jpg
  • corinne_anita_hagler_2.jpg
  • corinne_anita_hagler_3.jpg
Corinne, circa 1980

• Missing Since10/01/1980
  • Missing FromBurbank, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth10/13/1962 (56)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9, 175 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue/hazel eyes. Corinne's hair was permed and was dyed a darker shade than its natural color at the time of her disappearance. She has a pigmented mole on her abdomen above her navel, a large scar on her right forearm from an iron burn, and a tattoo of three dots in a triangle between her thumb and index finger. Corinne has previously broken three ribs, and she is knock-kneed; her legs turn inward. Her nickname is Cori.
Details of Disappearance
Corinne's father, Harold L. Hagler, stated that one day in October 1980, he came home from work during his lunch break and found Corinne with her boyfriend, George Garnett, having sexual intercourse. He said he and Corinne argued and he "slapped her around", and then she ran away from home, possibly to go to Texas.

Corinne has never been heard from again. Garnett disappeared at around the same time and he is also still missing; photographs and further information for him are unavailable.

Harold had the carpeting in his home in his house replaced shortly after Corinne disappeared; he said it was stained with fluids from Corinne's sexual encounter with Garnett.

There's been no indication of Corinne's whereabouts since October 1980.

Sounds like the father didn't approve the relationship and killed her to me. Perhaps it was blood her cleaned up on the carped?

Yes, Iagree thatshe was probably killed and the carpeting replaced because of blood evidence. Body fluids from a sexual encounter would not require carpet replacement, IMO. God bless those poor kids.

I know I'm a few years late to this thread but I was trying to match tattoos of UPs to MPs in NamUs and came across one that might be Cori but want some thoughts before I submit it. Its NamUs#UP4140.
Reasons I think it might be Cori:
-Has a similar tattoo, three dots on web of hand (although the UP seems to also have a cross added to it? She died 7 years after Cori went missing so its possible she could have added to it)
-Similar height/weight
-Father claimed Cori may have run off to Texas, where the UP was found.

I think its possible that Cori ran away and started working under an alias then died 7 years later in said accident.

Reasons why it may not be her:
-Doesn't explain why her boyfriend went missing at the same time (Did he go with her? Why hasn't he surfaced in that case?)
-The age is off, UP is est to be in her 40s, Cori would have only been 25. Granted, someone living a difficult life may be more aged but 25 to 40 is a bit of a stretch.

One interesting thing which does not seem to have been mentioned elsewhere, including in the thread linked at #2 above, is that her father may well have been linked to LE. At 1982 - Animal Shelter | Burbank In Focus (for example - there are others) a Harold Hagler is shown as Senior Animal Control Officer with Burbank Police Department. And other records show an Harold L Hagler retired in Utah as a pensioner of the City of Burbank (with 36 years of service to 1999), confirming the full set of initials. While this may be irrelevant, it may also explain why LE would have taken his word on the circumstances and not looked any closer.

Did anyone try to demand justice for Corrine and her boyfriend - innocent victims - back in 1980? Did a caring member of law enforcement fight for them? What about her other relatives? (Not judging relatives, who would have been limited by law enforcement. Just wondering how it all happened.)

Was a missing person's case ever opened for GG? How old was he? I don't see him on NamUs :(, wonder why...

Last edited:
Her boyfriend is also missing? Both are still mising to this day?

Her boyfriend is also missing? Both are still mising to this day?

I have the same questions actually.
When bumping this case up today, I searched online for any mention of him as a known still-missing victim and could find nothing. He's not in NamUs or any other page that I know to check.

I have the same questions actually.
When bumping this case up today, I searched online for any mention of him as a known still-missing victim and could find nothing. He's not in NamUs or any other page that I know to check.
There are suspicions on Corrine's father but surely George's family is looking for him.

Found an obituary on Corrine's mother from 1994, interestingly she is still listed as "surviving", so I guess she wasn't legally declared dead at that point.

17 January 1994, Fort-Worth Star-Telegram, pg 15
1675110813670.png

Last edited:
What does anyone think about Corinne being Becca from Albuquerque? I feel like there are a lot of similarities between them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back