Identified! CA - Dana Point, WhtFem 23UFCA, 18-23, cliff jump, Sep'87 - Holly Glynn

Here in California, you need to file the report in person with the jurisdiction where they were LKA. I live about 40 miles from Whittier, and I would be glad to do it, but I need to pull together as much info as I can before I take the 40 mile drive through LA traffic.

No, I understand that. I want to also say that you are a rock star. What I meant is that if you forwarded the information to the appropriate agencies, then they would take it from there with or without a missing person's report. I know they have rules and protocols and it's admirable that you try to work around them. But it sounds like they already have someone in mind.

Holly appears to have a small gap between her two upper front teeth. I wonder if DPJD had a similar gap? The dental chart that is linked to DPJD's doenetwork file doesn't mention a gap.
But aside from that, this looks like a match!

She had her teeth straightened with braces, probably after the freshman photo was taken. This was verified by her childhood friend.

BTW, this is another instance of a childhood friend stepping forward when the family did not.

Carl you are ON FIRE lately. This looks like a very promising match.

Since we know she was found within hours of her death I'm assuming her morgue photo is fairly true to what she looked like in life. Has anyone seen her morgue photo? I know that Tammy (Cali Jane Doe)'s first reconstructions were way off due to the way the forensic artist saw her nose. If someone has seen it do you think that the reconstructions are accurate to her appearance?

Why would Holly's family not want to cooperate? Maybe I'm naive but I don't get why they wouldn't cooperate or why her sister would apparently be so resistant to anyone asking about her. Do you think that maybe they've known she's DPJD, but never came forward for whatever reason (maybe they were ashamed she killed herself, they had a bad relationship with her and just didn't want to claim her as a result, etc)?

Carl you are ON FIRE lately. This looks like a very promising match.

If this does turn out to be a match, it won't have anything to do with me. Apparently her childhood friend is the one who connected the dots here. I only got into the picture after someone who was working with her contacted me because I live in Southern California, and might have been able to file a missing person report for them. As it turns out, the OC Sheriff's Office had already started looking into it based on their earlier inquiries, even though there wasn't a MP report on file.

Since we know she was found within hours of her death I'm assuming her morgue photo is fairly true to what she looked like in life. Has anyone seen her morgue photo? I know that Tammy (Cali Jane Doe)'s first reconstructions were way off due to the way the forensic artist saw her nose. If someone has seen it do you think that the reconstructions are accurate to her appearance?

I have never seen the PM photo for this Jane Doe, but compared to the recons, aside from the differences in her chin size, everything from the mouth-up else looks spot-on, IMO.

The differences in chin size might have a couple of explanations: (1) her chin continued growing since those photos were taken - (a female mandible typically continues growing to the age of 17), or (2) she might have had a slacked jaw in the postmortem photos creating the illusion of a larger chin. I have seen that in several instances.

Scroll to 2015 developments:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Point_Jane_Doe#References

CarlK- please take credit for getting the ball in motion- if it wasn't for you pushing and asking tons of questions I don't believe a missing persons report would be filed at this point in time- despite the fact her childhood friends were looking for her- they might have not connected the dots to Dana Point if it wasn't for you and they would have hesitated in filing a missing persons report.
If it turns out that's she isn't Holly Glynn- something is now in motion for Holly!!...she deserves to be recognized. I'm hoping it's her!!...the waiting game begins

The differences in chin size might have a couple of explanations: (1) her chin continued growing since those photos were taken - (a female mandible typically continues growing to the age of 17), or (2) she might have had a slacked jaw in the postmortem photos creating the illusion of a larger chin. I have seen that in several instances.

We saw this last year with Amber Brown ("Train Jane") in Utah. Her jaw looked abnormally long in her morgue photo.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe/p...3.1073741876.698376120190298/887209237973651/

From Holly's friend:
I believe it is Holly Glynn back when Holly went missing her parents hired a private detective to search for her who just bilked them out of a lot of money so there isn't a missing report on her but I know it's Holly.

She left San Diego with an old neighbor of hers from Whittier to go visit she called a mutual friend of ours Jeanette at 3:30 in the morning and sounded upset but she woke her up and Jeanette told her call back and she never did Jeanette still feels bad about it that was the last time anyone heard from her I dunno what happened with the nieghbor who was supposed to give her the ride

wow this looks nearly identical to the jane does photo!! I hope this is a match and another one to cross off the list, 2015 is starting out to be the year of the solved cold cases!

I modified the DPJD sketch to depict a smaller chin, just to see how that would compare to Holly's freshman year portrait. Here's the side-by-side with the photo of Holly Glynn (circa 7 years prior to DPJD's death).

DPJD (Reduced Chin) - Holly Glynn.jpg

I modified the DPJD sketch to depict a smaller chin, just to see how that would compare to Holly's freshman year portrait. Here's the side-by-side with the photo of Holly Glynn (circa about 7 years prior to DPJD's death).

View attachment 68916

Are those two freckles on DPJD's right cheek? Pretty distinctive, IMO. I wonder if HG has the same freckles? And the same dimple in her chin?

I think the thing that looks most similar to me between the photos is the deep eye sockets, especially in the area closest to the nose! Fingers crossed!!

Credit goes to "redpillneo" he got oc coroner to look into it.I am the
'Friend " I tried 2 years ago to have Namus check it but I got no where Redpill neo is my hero he asked a lot of questions and got the ball rolling I do think it is Holly ;(
such a waste of life she was very pretty had a hot body and seemed like she had everything going for her never would have expected her to take her own life

'

to address some speculation brought up prior about her being homeless she lived in san diego with her family but on her birthday sept.11 she got a ride from an old neighbor that was up in San Diego visiting and was returning to where she grew up and still had friends in Whittier she decided to go along 10 days later dpjd (possibly Holly) leaped to her death if it was Holly what happened in those 10 days that made her decide to do so will probably never be known why she had on the mens under wear and second hand looking clothes with a 12 years earlier stolen purse probably will never be answered either

This certainly looks very promising as a match. Very.
Her making angel wings in the sand before expiring is excruciatingly tragic, And so heartbreaking

to address some speculation brought up prior about her being homeless she lived in san diego with her family but on her birthday sept.11 she got a ride from an old neighbor that was up in San Diego visiting and was returning to where she grew up and still had friends in Whittier she decided to go along 10 days later dpjd (possibly Holly) leaped to her death if it was Holly what happened in those 10 days that made her decide to do so will probably never be known why she had on the mens under wear and second hand looking clothes with a 12 years earlier stolen purse probably will never be answered either

Did anybody ever interview the old neighbor about what happened? Or the friends in Whittier?

I have written some answers that did not post I don't know why I will not write all of it again I did not address the sand angels I think they were probably made by convulsions although she was spiritual

Thank u Migmuu I do believe u might have hit the hammer on the nail when it comes to her sister but not with her parents they did think they filed a missing persons report but the police obviously decided not to have to do all the paperwork it would entail since she was an adult and left of her own free will her parents also hired a "private investigator" who if he was would have checked hospitals and morgues in surrounding countys first and found dpjd instead tens of thousands of dollars later he never did so.The newspaper article that was in the la times was easily overlooked since it was a mere obscure sentence or two

We saw this last year with Amber Brown ("Train Jane") in Utah. Her jaw looked abnormally long in her morgue photo.

i believe the female in the 76 south carolina mystery couple had that look too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back