CA CA - Daniel Naylor, 14, Fremont, 5 Oct 1982

I am knew to this site. How would i search to see who was missing between 1979 and 1983? Where do I look or how do I search?

I am Danny's sister and would be interested on how to research these boys and men who went missing between 1979 and 1983 in the Bay Area. Also the September and October connection. I am new to this site and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I am Danny's sister and would be interested on how to research these boys and men who went missing between 1979 and 1983 in the Bay Area. Also the September and October connection. I am new to this site and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

These cold case missing person threads might be a good place to start..

Jan. 11, 2016
Shortly after the boy vanished, his bicycle was found along the Alameda County Creek trail. A month later, someone got into the family home and took all of Daniel's belongings, police said.

After an age-rendering sketch was made public this past summer of what Daniel may look like today, police were told of a man who looked similar living in Folsom.
While the man in Folsom was not Daniel, Fremont police did revisit the case and found enough unsettling information to reopen it.

I will look into this but so far mostly southern california. I will definitely get more info.

My brother has been missing for 34 years today. Hoping one day to get answers! I will keep searching and talking to anyone who is willing. Went to the area where he disappeared today with my best friend from 34 years ago.

My brother has been missing for 34 years today. Hoping one day to get answers! I will keep searching and talking to anyone who is willing. Went to the area where he disappeared today with my best friend from 34 years ago.

Hope it gave you some comfort to be with your best friend, spending time at a place where you brother once stood.
Daniel is lucky to have a sister who holds him so dearly in her heart!

Hi Lori, I am so sorry you have gone without answers for so long. What kind of kids did your brother hang out with? Was he into smoking, drinking, drugs at all? Hung out with the older kids?

Funny I have heard a story that he hung out with a neighborhood girl that summer. When I talk to his friends they insist he wouldn't have hung out with her as she was not part of the usual crowd he hung out with. So it makes me wonder and since I was only 12 that I am sure he had acquaintances that I knew nothing about

So looking for any thoughts....if I have information about people, location and events from a Medium how do you get the police to listen to you? I have found this has been an uphill battle. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1161746/1

There has been a new age progression photo of my brother Daniel Naylor who has been missing from Fremont, CA since October 5, 1982. This age progression is at 49 years of age.
Thank you! Trying to keep his story out there. I appreciate the support.
Hoping that one day soon Daniel will be located!

[h=3]Daniel Naylor[/h]
NCMC1161746c1.jpg

• Missing Since
    • Oct 5, 1982
    • Missing From
    • Fremont, CA
    • DOB
    • Jun 23, 1968
    • Age Now
    • Sex
    • Male
    • Race
    • White
    • Hair Color
    • Brown
    • Eye Color
    • Blue
    • Height
    • 5'9"
    • Weight
    • 140 lbs

[h=3]Age Progressed[/h]
NCMC1161746e1.jpg

Daniel's photo is shown age-progressed to 49 years. He was last seen at home on October 5, 1982. When Daniel was last seen, he had braces on his teeth

Bumping. I am Daniel's sister and I am still looking for answers. It is always great to know that people are not forgetting about those who are still missing. So many unidentified people and so many missing without remains. Answers will be found one day! I believe it!

Fresh look prompts police to eye foul play in case of boy who vanished in '82
upload_2019-1-25_16-44-27.jpeg
"Naylor was a freshman at American High School when he left the home on Nightingale Place at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 5, 1982, according to his father -- who police say was the only family member home at the time.

A search by neighbors for the boy -- who was reported missing some 10 to 12 hours later -- uncovered his bike near brush along the Alameda Creek Trail, a short distance from his home.

A bizarre clue would come one month later.

According to police, the family reported that Naylor returned to their home in November -- when no one was home -- and took $50 in cash and all of his personal belongings.

In his bedroom, the family said they found a message fashioned from Scrabble tiles, spelling out the words, "new life," according to Fremont Police."

Daniel A. Naylor – The Charley Project
Daniel A. Naylor
  • daniel_a._naylor_1.jpg
  • daniel_a._naylor_2.jpg
  • daniel_a._naylor_3.jpg
Daniel, circa 1982; Age-progression to age 49 (circa 2017)
  • ''Missing Since 10/05/1982
  • Missing From Fremont, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/23/1968 (52)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 140 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray half t-shirt, red shorts, and high-top sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Daniel had braces on his teeth at the time of his disappearance.''
''for decades after his disappearance, Daniel was classified as a runaway. In 2015, the police re-classified his disappearance as suspicious and renewed their investigation into the case. He had left home before after arguments with his family, but had never run away; instead he would go to a friend's home to calm down.

Authorities believe Daniel may have met with foul play, as it's very unusual for a runaway to be missing for decades without contacting anyone. The house he lived in is now occupied by his aunt. His case remains unsolved.''

Daniel Naylor | Fremont Police Department, CA
Possible Missing Person Sighting

''In the summer of 2015, Fremont Police detectives were contacted by the Folsom Police Department in regards to the possible location of Daniel. Folsom Police had located a male subject in their city that looked very similar to an age-progressed photo that had been released of Daniel at 44 years. After an extensive investigation into the subject located in Folsom, it was determined through forensic evidence that while they looked similar, it was unfortunately not him.

After the Folsom incident, Fremont Police Department Cold Case Investigators decided to reopen the missing person case and began speaking with associates of Daniel Naylor and his family.

Fremont Police Detectives are currently investigating leads where it is believed that Daniel did not in fact run away, but he may be missing due to foul play.

Public’s Assistance Needed
The public is urged to submit any information they feel may be important to this case. Information that once may have seemed insignificant could prove to be the missing element in solving this open case. The information may be submitted anonymously if desired.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has posted an age-progressed photo of Naylor at 44 years, on their website.

Please contact Fremont PD Cold Case Homicide Detective Jacob Blass via telephone at 510-790-6963 or through email.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back