CA - Dara Toeun, 27, Lone Tree Point Beach, 2 July, 2016

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Ayashley, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Ayashley

Ayashley Member

http://kron4.com/2016/07/12/police-...death-after-womans-body-found-at-rodeo-beach/

2. Loading...

3. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Attached Files:

4. Ayashley

Ayashley Member

5. Ayashley

Ayashley Member

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area...l-parks-police-investigating-suspicious-death

6. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Dara's story touched me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seems like she was a lost soul and became a vagabond of sorts, searching for somewhere to belong. RIP Dara.

7. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Hey fellow Websleuthers......

I just received a PM from another member who knew Dara. It seems that the local LE are really not investigating Dara's case and it sounds like it may be heading in the direction of becoming a cold case if not worked properly. Does anyone have any media contacts in the area that may be able to help? Or any advice we can share with this member so that justice will prevail for Dara? This case makes me sad as Dara lost both her parents shortly before her death and she had recently quit her job. I think she felt lost in this world and very alone, but that's just my impression.

I hope you guys can help our fellow member.....Dara was a beautiful girl with a lot going for her. She's gone from this earth unfortunately at such a young age and it seems so terribly unfair.

Thanks everyone!

8. CelticFrostie

CelticFrostie New Member

Two reasons this case is not going to be solved anytime soon is the anti-police cooperation mentality that pervades the Bay Area (and the majority of California), as well as the "saving face" ethic of certain communities and cultures.

Although I didn't know the victim, I could surmise by the location and timeline that her murder probably has something to do with the reason she quit her job at Rolling Hills Memorial Park. I don't think it was random and don't buy domestic violence for the fact that while she had no close family or permanent place to live, she still kept a well-informed social network.

Like the panhandle of any other major metro, Richmond and its surrounding areas have been a hotbed for drugs and prostitution for quite a while now. For promise of a better life, anyone down on their luck would be the likeliest purveyor or victim in such an industry, and for this young woman's case, probably the victim. If snitches are shot and left for dead on the street, "non-compliant" streetwalkers are discarded like trash on the shoreline.

Is it possible there was no organized crime involved? Absolutely. However, if this was just a case of finding oneself on the "wrong side" of a mentally unstable vagrant, the suspect would have limited mobility to dispose of the evidence. Lone Tree Point, to my knowledge, is not a shantytown or congregation point for homeless people. So, dollars to donuts that there was some shady business going on.

Whatever the case may be, my condolences to her surviving friends/family and fingers are crossed for justice.

9. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

Wow we have a mutual friend!

10. Ruthdottson2

Ruthdottson2 New Member

Someone has posted a video on YouTube for Dara. You should watch it before passing judgement on her.
    "One sweet day- In loving memory of Dara Toeun-Youtube"

11. CelticFrostie

CelticFrostie New Member

I don't think it's in anyone's nature to judge; losing both parents at such a young age can put a person's life off-track, which appears to be true for the victim. However, when someone becomes so at ease with a transient lifestyle that all associated risks are passed in stride, it's something worth noting because it hypothesizes a suspect and motive. In this instance, someone connected to the streets.