CA CA - Davohnte Morgan, 28, left hotel for a walk, Mt. Shasta, 4 May 2020 *reward*

Davohnte didn't have his phone. I don't believe there has been any bank activity on his accounts since he went missing.

So what are the possibilities? Self harm, upset because his girlfriend broke up with him? Body has remained undiscovered for six months?

He disappeared himself with no apparent resources, maybe living in another state? According to his family, he wouldn't do that.

I do have to say this- the area they were in is a major drug transportation corridor. Shasta/Weed area is pretty, but not exactly a destination spot. Why were they there really?

Truly a mystery.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
#MP71948

Davohnte Van Morgan
71948_352673.jpg 71948_353228.jpg 71948_353234.jpg 71948_353225.jpg 71948_353237.png 71948_353231.jpg

Date of Last Contact: May 5, 2020
Missing From: Mount Shasta, California
Missing Age: 28 Years
Current Age: 28 Years
First Name: Davohnte
Middle Name: Van
Last Name: Morgan
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 11" (71 Inches)
Weight: 165 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Morgan was visiting Mt. Shasta with his girlfriend and had spent the night at a hotel. Per the girlfriend, they had a fight the night of May 4th, 2020 and had not spoken after that. He went for a walk in the morning and never returned. Morgan had never been to Mt. Shasta, and had no known acquaintances in the area. He had no destination, no working cell phone, or vehicle with him. he has not used his debit cards or contacted anyone in his family since his disappearance.

Distinctive Physical Features
71948_353243.jpg

Clothing and Accessories
71948_353240.jpg

Investigating Agencies

CASE OWNER
Mount Shasta Police Department
(530) 926-7540
Agency Case Number: 2005M-0110

APR 30, 2021
Police continue search for missing man one year after he disappeared - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2 (kobi5.com)
[...]

Police say Morgan was visiting Mt. Shasta from the Bay Area with his girlfriend. According to the girlfriend, they got into an argument on May 4th and she broke up with him. The next day, she told police she left the motel they were staying at and went for a walk. When she was returning to her room, she told police she passed Morgan but he seemed upset, so they didn’t speak. That was the last time anyone saw or heard from him.

[...]

If you have any information, contact MSPD at (530) 926-7540, refer to missing persons case number 2005M-0110.

Morgan’s family is offering a $25,000 reward for information that leads to the missing man.

Tatiana Dugger went missing from Oakland, her body was found outside of Weed back in March.
Teen missing from Oakland found dead near Weed

I've always been curious why Devohnte & GF were in Weed to begin with? It's not exactly a destination, KWIM? But Weed is on the well traveled path for drug distribution. It's a bizarre place to go missing from in terms of relative risk. My thought is, this case is not what it appears to be on the surface.
i think they were in mt. shasta, which is very picturesque. its a little south of weed.

You can find DM's gf - Davohnte Morgan

This is an odd case, it seems like he is close to his family and well grounded in his hometown. Why take off and worry everyone? I get the sense there is more to this story and we don't have all the facts about what happened in the time before Devohnte left the room, MOO. It makes no sense and clearly his family agrees.
Another FB - Davohnte Morgan

i think they were in mt. shasta, which is very picturesque. its a little south of weed.

Previous article does state a pastor gave someone a ride to Weed who resembled DM. If it was him, I wonder what his activities were after being dropped off. Where was he dropped off?

Is he "brown-bagging" it that early in the morning on the surveillance video? I'm not being judgmental, but this could speak to the mindset of him being upset and just taking off. Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards an accident or self-harm & just has not been found.

98159457_2193566887455834_6602017066469818368_n.jpg

Davohnte Van Morgan – The Charley Project
Facebook
Sassy responses by the Mt Shasta PD but I can't really blame them lol.

Jmo
To add some recent context
Was recently in this area and it didn't seem safe. I usually camp far out in the forest, but didn't feel safe doing that here so I checked into a paid campsite which I very rarely do.
Lots of transients and drug activity around here
In Dunsmuir I saw a man off of what I presume to be the main street of town (Dunsmuir Ave) whose whole body was covered in obvious skinhead tattoos

The comments on LE's post, esp. J.Z. are interesting. Keep clicking...she's got more to say.
Mt Shasta Police Department

ETA - Another post by Mt Shasta Police Department. They've replied to quite a few comments.

I came here to post about this unidentified person found dead after the Almeda fire in Jackson County OR in Sept 2020. I see that R.S. posted about him 12 weeks ago on that FB post and that Mt Shasta LE says they have collected familial DNA and are in touch with Jackson county. No connection to date.

Ashland is only an hour north of Mt Shasta on I-5.

Forensics provide first description of unidentified Almeda Fire victim

According to the information released on Tuesday, the remains of an unidentified black male were found at the 8.9 mile-marker of the Greenway between Ashland and Talent. He is believed to have been an adult, roughly 5-foot 8-inches to 5-foot 11-inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes.

A pair of eyeglass frames and a multi-tool were found near the remains.

The OSP Medical Examiner is still attempting to use DNA for a positive identification, working with a company called Parabon Nanolabs to process potential matches. They were also able to use DNA to produce composite images of the victim [above] to aid with potential identification.

upload_2021-9-1_22-45-41.jpeg

I came here to post about this unidentified person found dead after the Almeda fire in Jackson County OR in Sept 2020. I see that R.S. posted about him 12 weeks ago on that FB post and that Mt Shasta LE says they have collected familial DNA and are in touch with Jackson county. No connection to date.

Ashland is only an hour north of Mt Shasta on I-5.

Forensics provide first description of unidentified Almeda Fire victim

According to the information released on Tuesday, the remains of an unidentified black male were found at the 8.9 mile-marker of the Greenway between Ashland and Talent. He is believed to have been an adult, roughly 5-foot 8-inches to 5-foot 11-inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes.

A pair of eyeglass frames and a multi-tool were found near the remains.

The OSP Medical Examiner is still attempting to use DNA for a positive identification, working with a company called Parabon Nanolabs to process potential matches. They were also able to use DNA to produce composite images of the victim [above] to aid with potential identification.

View attachment 310998
TY for this update. I created a thread in the UID forum for John Doe. Davohnte still isn't listed as an exclusion on the NamUs profile. Hopefully his loved ones will get answers soon.

OR - OR - Medford, Bear Creek Greenway, BlkMale adult, UP74377, Alameda Wildfire victim, Sep'20

i can see the resemblance. the nose for sure

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 7.03.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 7.03.11 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 7.03.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 7.03.21 AM.png
    793.5 KB · Views: 6
If the ex is really his ex, she sure posts about him a LOT on all forms of social media

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back