GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

About time! I hope they have good, solid evidence - actually I think this LE has done a very good job of investigating and I feel pretty confident that they haven't jumped the gun here.

Now he just needs to tell where her body is so her children can give their mom a proper burial.

Marie said:
About time! I hope they have good, solid evidence - actually I think this LE has done a very good job of investigating and I feel pretty confident that they haven't jumped the gun here.

Now he just needs to tell where her body is so her children can give their mom a proper burial.
I haven't been able to find any other news links to this arrest, so if you can find another more detailed story, please post the link here.

2 more....

Police detain missing woman's ex-husband
[size=-1]CBS 47, CA - [/size][size=-1]Police handcuffed Dave Hawk outside his south valley home as police served a search warrant at a home which is located on his property. ... [/size]
Missing Woman's Ex-Husband Detained by Police
[size=-1]ABC30.com, CA - [/size][size=-1]... than a month. Her ex-husband, Dave Hawk, was handcuffed and detained by authorities after a search this morning. It came after Hanford ... [/size]

His parents own his house.

absolut said:
2 more....

Police detain missing woman's ex-husband
[size=-1]CBS 47, CA - [/size][size=-1]Police handcuffed Dave Hawk outside his south valley home as police served a search warrant at a home which is located on his property. ... [/size]
Missing Woman's Ex-Husband Detained by Police
[size=-1]ABC30.com, CA - [/size][size=-1]... than a month. Her ex-husband, Dave Hawk, was handcuffed and detained by authorities after a search this morning. It came after Hanford ... [/size]

His parents own his house.
Well, it looks like I may have jumped the gun on this one:truce: They have said nothing about an arrest, only that they detained him while searching the house. Guess we'll have to wait until there is an actual arrest.

I gather that Hawk was giving the police a hard time about searching his parents home and they handcuffed him to avoid any problems. Otherwise there would be no reason to handcuff him while they did a search. As much as he has said in the news lately he probably has an attitude towards the police.

I was hoping he had been arrested too. I guess it is better to take their time and do a through investigation so that they have all of the evidence that they need when they go to trial.

He says he has an alibi for the time that it is thought that Debbie went missing but no one really knows the time frame. It was anytime from the time the kids went to their dads or she got home from work until a while before the kids walked into the house and found the blood. Besides, if he says he was home with the kids he can't prove that he didn't leave during the night. His youngest probably doesn't sleep with him and the kids probably weren't up all night so that just leaves his word that he was home all night.
I wonder if the kids had just spent one night with him or more.

I wonder what the police think might be at the home of his folks? I'll bet his folks own that 60 acres and he works for his dad there. That enables his dad to pay him under the table so that he can only claim making $6,000 last year.
Debbie no doubt knew approx how much he made or she wouldn't have been taking him back to court for more money and more time with the children. There is still the question of the trust money too.

Someone said that LE don't think that it was Hawk who shot Debbie's attorney. I don't know what LE think but I think it was him. It just all fits so well together...shot the attorney the day before their court date...Debbie disappears right before their next court date. Debbie had previously taken out a restraining order on Hawk so we know he is capable of violence.

I think he is protesting to loudly. Just like some others that we have known about.

KGPE - CBS TV47 - Debbie Hawk's 'ex' says police on 'witch-hunt'

Dave Hawk ... says he's furious about the way the situation was handled especially when he was handcuffed while his children watched.

Dave Hawk tells CBS 47, “This has turned into a witch-hunt. They haven't come up with anything and they keep trying to make more of it..."

Hawk believes the SWAT team was a show for television news cameras...

Hawk is also concerned about his children's well-being.

He tells CBS 47, ‘My children live in fear of the police department. They barge into our house, take our possessions, and then do it again. Their tactics are shameful..."

absolut said:
Very interesting stuff:

... He says authorities took a computer during the search. He says it was a friend's computer that he was using, because his own computer was confiscated in an earlier search.

Dave Hawk is considered a person of interest in the case and police have searched his home before, but this was the first time police have searched his parent's home. Police say Dave Hawk is not a suspect at this time. Police also say his parents are not persons of interest in the case.

So now he's trying to use his childen as a shield against LE? Gee Dave, I think it's you who should be shameful of what you're putting your children through!

One thing that I find really interesting about Dave is his anger towards LE. It hardly seems appropriate given the situation and it seems so excessive. As frustrating as it must be to be looked at as a POI (if you didn't do it), you figure one would be as cooperative as possible, hoping to help find your children's mother.

I can't really put it into words but something about his anger seems abnormal. A different way of thinking than most people.

He seems to be protesting awful loudly for an innocent man. Seems like there have been others who have criticized LE and complained about everything and they ended up guilty. If he isn't guilty he should just let LE do their jobs and be quiet.

Bobbisangel said:
He seems to be protesting awful loudly for an innocent man. Seems like there have been others who have criticized LE and complained about everything and they ended up guilty. If he isn't guilty he should just let LE do their jobs and be quiet.
Yes - "he doth protest too much" I wonder if he stalked Debra? Wouldn't leave her alone, blamed her for everything, etc.? His behavior with LE makes me wonder if he treated her the same way. He is acting like a man who just won't let things rest calmly and will do or say whatever he thinks is necessary to endlessly convince you of his point and 'win'.

Marie said:
Yes - "he doth protest too much" I wonder if he stalked Debra? Wouldn't leave her alone, blamed her for everything, etc.? His behavior with LE makes me wonder if he treated her the same way. He is acting like a man who just won't let things rest calmly and will do or say whatever he thinks is necessary to endlessly convince you of his point and 'win'.
Very well put. This is exactly what I was thinking but was unable to word. His behavior and reactions just seem so bizarre and disproportionate. The way he is acting definitely seems out of the ordinary for the circumstances.

Seems like Dave Hawk is over-reacting; this is hardly a death threat:

ABC30.com: Missing Woman's Ex-Husband Says FBI Threatened Him

... The FBI went back to his home on Wednesday, asking for an interview. He refused, because he claims an FBI agent threatened him during a recent interview.

Hawk said the FBI agent said, "If you don't confess right now, I'm going to make sure you end up on death row..."

Police won't comment on the interrogation, but say they have several new leads in the case, although they won't say what those new leads are. A third massive ground search has been pushed back to next week

JerseyGirl said:
Seems like Dave Hawk is over-reacting; this is hardly a death threat:http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4380543

Hawk said the FBI agent said, "If you don't confess right now, I'm going to make sure you end up on death row..."
I bet the FBI agent actually said, "If you're a good little boy and you don't make a mess right now, I'm going to make sure you get some jell-o..." ;)

Next, he'll probably say they left a horses head in his bed!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Marie said:
Next, he'll probably say they left a horses head in his bed!
He sure has some bizarre things to say - I wouldn't be surprised!

FresnoBee.com: South Valley: Police handcuff Hawk's ex-husband

... More than a dozen officers converged on the homes, arriving about 8:45 a.m. and leaving about 12:40 p.m. The homes of Hawk and his parents are only a few yards from each other on an almond ranch.

The handcuffing and detaining of people is routine and done for officer safety reasons, said Hanford police Lt. Darrell Smith. He said Hawk was handcuffed when a previous warrant was served on his home in late June.

People shouldn't "read too much" into the detaining of Hawk, Smith said...

Dave Hawk denied that officers handcuffed him during the first search...

Smith said Dave Hawk's parents are not suspects in the case. Officers hadn't planned to search Dave Hawk's residence Monday, but sought and received a warrant for it based on what was found in the parents' home, he said.

Smith declined to say what was seized from each home and why officers served the warrants. The affidavits for the warrants were sealed by a judge...

I'll summarize some of the remainder of the article - police seized a computer Monday and Dave called that "silly" because it was a friend's computer since they took his in the first search. Apparently during the first search, LE took mail, shoes, and an antique collection of guns.

Dave remains a POI, still not a suspect - Lt. Smith won't say how many POI's there are but says that there are "less than a handful".

People from the DA's office, the police department, the FBI and the IRS were involved in Monday's search; Lt. Smith would not say why the IRS was there.

Documents show that Debbie accused him of stealing from the kids' trust funds and underreporting his income.

FBI took items from Debbie's house for forensic testing but didn't say what the items were.

"When asked whether Monday's search was related to the activity at Debbie Hawk's home Friday, Smith said he couldn't comment."

Lt. Smith said that all POI's have been given the opportunity to take lie detector tests, including Dave, (this is contrary to Dave's claim that he's offered but that LE has brushed him off).

Strained Relationship Between Dave Hawk and Police

Rocky Pipkin, from the Pipkin Detective Agency, says all the back and forth between police and Hawk is a good indication that they're relationship is strained, "This posturing in front of the media will have some effect on the surface, but like I mentioned, law enforcement is working overtime on this and when you bring in the FBI, IRS ... they're treating this as a very serious matter and they're going to get to the bottom of it."
IRS, may indicticate that Dave is a bit more than a POI for some crime in this investigation.

Hanford police will not comment on the interrogation. They say Hawk was invited to their police station that day to take a polygraph test, but he refused for the second time. When Action News asked Dave Hawk on Thursday if he was interested in ever taking a polygraph, he replied, "I know I didn't do it. I don't need to take a polygraph test."
The above statements are in direct conflict with other statements Dave has made regarding the polygraph.

Another Link: Hawk's ex decries police action

absolut said:

The above statements are in direct conflict with other statements Dave has made regarding the polygraph.

QUOTE]

I don't remember what he has said before this regarding the polygraph.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back