CA CA - Desert Hot Springs, WhtFem 551UFCA, 40-55, Prescription Glasses, Feb'97

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by future criminologist, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Romulus

Romulus Well-Known Member

2. JayFletcher6493

JayFletcher6493 Member

3. digitective

digitective Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

4. Coffee56

Coffee56 Well-Known Member

Posted but it's not here. Try again.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3491dfmd.html

Quite travelled and could be anywhere. Wears contacts and wearing glasses in a pic. Does not have the distinctive features of the UID I was looking for but posting for thoughts.

5. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

6. digitective

digitective Well-Known Member

Could be a possibility, although she would have had to travel quite far. But it sounds like she was traveling all over the world anyway, as you mentioned.

7. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

No new ruleouts. Updated link: Unidentified Person Case

Reasonable & Just likes this.
  8. ivonne

ivonne Active Member

9. coffeeandacig

coffeeandacig Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  10. Melt71

Melt71 Well-Known Member

@coffeeandacig at first glance I did a double-take but on trying to tilt the faces to the same angle I feel like the UID has a narrower nose than Sr Jacinta and I don't think this occurs with age, though it does to a certain degree with weight loss. I also think the UID's nose may not have had the hooked appearance of Sr. J but hard to tell due to the photo angle. Sr Jacinta's ears may be artificially pinned back by her headpiece so hard to compare the ears but if I had to guess I would say the lower ear of the UID may attach lower on her head than Sr.J. Thoughts from others?

Coco'sMommy and annemc2 like this.
  11. coffeeandacig

coffeeandacig Well-Known Member

I think the unidentified lady seems very thin. :(

Perhaps, her narrow nose, was due to weight loss and it appearing offset, could possibly be broken from a fall at the time of death or prior.
    The position of her mouth, eyes and nose match, when superimposed. Also, the jawline is remarkably similar.
    Can't really tell anything from an ear comparison, since Sr. Jacinta's seem pinned under her habit. Although, like you said they appear lower.
    Since, Catholic mass is still said in Gaelic in some parts of the country, I've no doubt that she would've had a grasp of the language and could've written that letter.

As you said @Melt71...I'd love to hear what others think.
    Because, I would think the Riverside Co. Sheriff's office would've looked at all the missing Irish and Scottish women first for a match. I don't think they would've overlooked Sr. Jacinta's case.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    annemc2 likes this.
  12. alb1on

alb1on Well-Known Member

I agree with the post at #35 that the use of Gaelic is significant. Especially important is the correct concatenation of the English and Scots Gaelic phrases. Unless it can be shown that this occurred in the same or similar format in the Outlander novels I would be fairly sure that she had a working knowledge of the language (unless the letter turns out to be written by someone else). I also note the Irish references in various posts. Irish Gaelic is different to Scots Gaelic, making it unlikely that there is an Irish connection, and Claddagh rings are a generic available worldwide.

It would be reasonable to think that LE investigated any missing women from areas (Scotland and Canada) with Scots Gaelic speakers - but even today Scottish police records on missing persons are not great and probably even worse for people missing since prior to 1997. In the late 1990s I would be surprised if a discussion would be easy given the various forces in Scotland.

It would certainly be worth revisiting Scottish missing women from the 70s to 90s (as this could be someone who had been missing for years and even married after leaving). Cases such as Mary Duncan from 1976 come to mind (although less likely to be a Gaelic speaker coming from Dunbartonshire).

coffeeandacig likes this.