Identified! CA - Devore, WhtMale UP2294, 25-45, buried In backyard, Aug'08 - Theodore “Teddy” Harvey

What about Jonathan Aujay? I think he has the same shape face & nose ... did they ever find this man's identity?
I don't see that Aujay has his own page for the missing here.

the clothing would be wrong for a expert runner.

http://www.lamag.com/longform/the-deputy-who-disappeared/3/

He's on Charley Project HERE. It was updated in 1/2017. I'm not sure when it was originally posted

From his CP profile, it sounds like he could have been in a hiking accident.
From the PDF posted by Cabin Fever, it seems likely he was killed to shut him up by a coworker.

I wonder which is true... Though I highly doubt he committed suicide, which was mentioned in the PDF. That would be kind of a huge coincidence due to the other circumstances (i.e. the meth stuff).

But when he disappeared (1998) makes me doubt that this could be him.

Austin Smith has officially been ruled out. here is the list:

Jonathon Aujay 1959 California
Adam Kellner 1973 California
Christopher King 1950 California
Roger Madison 1953 California
Teddy Morris 1964 California
Amos Mortier 1977 Wisconsin
Austin Smith 1969 California
Shaun Steward 1978 Arizona

this MP make alot of sense, David Cameron Dahle, age 32, about 5'8"-5'11", missing Oct 1, 1991 from San Bernadino County. only problem is they have no identifiers for him.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13160/5/

I'm getting a permission error on Dahle's page.

I was looking at the date range for the John doe and it says 1990 to 1998 BUT it says the homeowner got the house in 1993. I wish there was a way to see where this guy was buried( like how big this yard is and is it accessible from different locations) Because I was thinking if the homeowner went on vacation at some point a neighbor could of buried the guy there..past 1993 ..which could put him in the range of 1990 to 1998

He's not a mudslide victim because he was buried in a metal box.

https://identifyus.org/cases/2294

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1188.html

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on July 7, 2008 in Devore, San Bernardino County, California
* Estimated Date of Death: 10 Years - 20 Years (1988 - 1998)
* State of Remains: Complete Skeleton

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 25 - 45 years old (estimated date of birth between 1955 and 1973).
* Approximate Height and Weight 5'6" - 5'9"
* Clothing: Black denim "Union Bay" pants with distinctive buttons and white and blue "Converse" high top shoes (ConWave: manufactured 1990).
* Fingerprints: Not Available
* Dentals: Dental chart and X-rays available at CA DOJ-MUPS (missing.persons@doj.ca.gov) or Coroner Division. Fillings and Crowns present.
* DNA: Available. (CODIS reference #BK-08-001006).

Case History
The victim was found on July 7, 2008 buried in a metal box in a backyard along a remote desert road near Interstate 15 and Cajon Pass in Devore, California.

Investigators estimate the remains may have been buried for more than 15 years, because the homeowner had been living there since 1993.

Identity can only be established with dental X-rays or DNA.

You think LE has looked into who owned the home before the 1993 owner? That seems obvious but you'd think that might yield an answer. Unless the body was put there before anyone lived on the property. I wonder if the box gives any clues as to a date or something

Las Vegas is about 3 hours away, I wonder if that has something to do with it. Not sure if a gambling related murder would go to the trouble of putting someone in a metal box, or would they? I'm not really super educated on mob murders and things that go down in Las Vegas. One of my mother's friend's husbands went missing in Las Vegas, they never found him but they were certain it had to do with money.

I took a closer look at the Namus and Doe links and I am a bit confused.

they know his height and have his pants so you'd think they could give a weight estimate but they don't even try to provide a range.

also, the guy was buried in a metal box with his clothes on but no hair was present? I don't know how that is possible unless someone buried a skeleton. I am assuming they put brown hair on the bust as it is the most common hair color.

finally, they show him wearing some sort of jewelry around his neck but there is no reference at all to jewelry being found with him. I have no idea why that object is depicted.

It isn't that it's not mentioned, it specifically says no jewelry, and lists bald as one of the options. I guess whoever did the bust wanted to make a guess at what he looked like in life, rather than exactly as found. I hate it when they do that.

Unfortunately the guy we know who went missing in LV was gone way before I was born. I think it's a really long shot, but he was born in 1953 and would have been 36 at the time. The time frame would match his disappearance so I'm going to show his photo to my mother and see what she thinks. He was Italian, and I think the reconstruction has some Italian features (maybe?) I think maybe he had black hair, but im not sure how tall he was.

I sent in a tip just for the heck of it, I have a photograph of his son, but none of him. I think they look somewhat similar, I'm probably just thinking it though.

it does not hurt.. you never know Motorunner!! .. I also don't trust the age sometime that they give the bones you know...
I sent in a tip just for the heck of it, I have a photograph of his son, but none of him. I think they look somewhat similar, I'm probably just thinking it though.

I sent the tip in and got a reply, but it seems he couldn't find the case on my mother's friend. He wanted to look into it, but there isn't a case file on NAMUS either... He was declared dead, if you're declared dead are you no longer "missing"? Would his missing person's file be deleted or whatever? I'm just confused because I know he went missing, I've heard my mother and her friend talk about it... everyone in the small town in Oklahoma shes from knows about it. It's wild

oh wow good point.. I don't know... I do know that there are some missing persons that I have seen that have been declared dead.. but their missing ad is still up.. did his family ever do a missing persons report?

I sent the tip in and got a reply, but it seems he couldn't find the case on my mother's friend. He wanted to look into it, but there isn't a case file on NAMUS either... He was declared dead, if you're declared dead are you no longer "missing"? Would his missing person's file be deleted or whatever? I'm just confused because I know he went missing, I've heard my mother and her friend talk about it... everyone in the small town in Oklahoma shes from knows about it. It's wild

His family needs to talk to the LE agency where they filed the report and probably push for answers. It probably aged out or got lost or something. No, being declared dead wouldn't automatically remove him as long as the remains haven't been found.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

updated link: Unidentified Person Case

current ruleouts:

MP13451 Jonathon Aujay 06/11/1998 Los Angeles CA
MP4748 Adam Kellner 11/08/2007 Los Angeles CA
MP1752 Christopher King 08/02/1974 San Bernardino CA
MP4637 Roger Madison 12/16/1968 Los Angeles CA
MP9813 Teddy Morris 07/26/1991 San Bernardino CA
MP296 Amos Mortier 11/08/2004 Dane WI
MP12347 Austin Smith 03/23/1993 Los Angeles CA

updated link: Unidentified Person Case

current ruleouts:

MP13451 Jonathon Aujay 06/11/1998 Los Angeles CA
MP4748 Adam Kellner 11/08/2007 Los Angeles CA
MP1752 Christopher King 08/02/1974 San Bernardino CA
MP4637 Roger Madison 12/16/1968 Los Angeles CA
MP9813 Teddy Morris 07/26/1991 San Bernardino CA
MP296 Amos Mortier 11/08/2004 Dane WI
MP12347 Austin Smith 03/23/1993 Los Angeles CA

Shaun Steward of Maricopa AZ has been added to the ruleouts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back