CA - Diego Villa-Torralba, newborn, strangled in hospital after birth, Oxnard, 19 July 2019 *Arrests

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by 10ofRods, Jul 20, 2019.

1. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Oxnard Couple Arrested On Suspicion of Strangling, Killing Newborn Baby Inside Hospital Right After He Was Born

"
    n Oxnard couple was arrested Friday on suspicion of strangling and killing the woman's newborn baby boy after she had just given birth to him at a hospital, officials said.

[​IMG]
    David Villa, 21, on the left, and Andrea Torralba, 20, are seen in undated photos provided by the Oxnard Police Department on July 19, 2019.

Officers responded to a call about a suspicious injury at St. John’s Medical Center on 1600 N. Rose Ave. at about 7:53 a.m. and were told that an infant was in serious condition and had "suspicious injuries," the Oxnard Police Department said in a news release.

During an investigation, detectives found that the child's mother, Andrea Torralba, 20, and her boyfriend, David Villa, 21, had strangled the baby boy until he was unconscious, Oxnard police said.

Medical staff found that the infant was unresponsive and tried to treat him, but he succumbed to his injuries and died at the hospital, authorities said.

Torralba and Villa were arrested on a felony charge of assault on a child by means of force resulting in the child’s death, authorities said.

The couple told detectives they didn't want the baby, Oxnard police Sgt. Brandon Ordelheide told the Associated Press."

2. StephanieH

StephanieH Well-Known Member

Jesus, it's called, "Just walk away and leave the baby at the hospital."

3. since80

since80 Member

Unreal.

Marg from Oz, abr, Niner and 12 others like this.
  4. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

UGGHHH....so frustrating. All they freakin had to do is say to the nurse, 'we don't want to raise this baby, Bye Bye...' and that would be it. A social worker would be thrilled to place the newborn with some enthusiastic childless couple on their waiting list.

What a tragic decision these selfish creeps made.

5. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

What is wrong with these people??

6. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

This. It could have been just so simple to leave. Ugh.

7. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

How can this forum just get worse and worse. (Not WS-but the Crimes)
    How?

8. Eli9

Eli9 Well-Known Member

Undated photo's makes me pause. Is this their first rodeo with the law? Also, were they afraid of toxicology tests on the newborn? Maybe drugs? More concern for their own hides than their newborn son? Unimaginable.

9. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

She looks like a druggie to me. I hope they have had hem on camera.

10. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Cripes! California has a "Safe Surrender" law so the parents could have left the baby at the hospital without any fear of prosecution. I mean they were right there!!

Not only was it stupid but it was vicious. I hope they rot in jail, I don't care if they were on drugs, it takes a special kind of evil personality already present to strangle a newborn. SMDH!

11. since80

since80 Member

SMH what the heck were they thinking? Toxicology reports would not equal prison time. Something is not right. They have to be the dumbest people on the planet.

12. Eli9

Eli9 Well-Known Member

I don't want to offend because I don't honestly know the answer to this question but if the baby was born with drugs in his system and they were undocumented parents what would the punishment be? Not assuming they were undocumented. Just asking an honest question.

13. since80

since80 Member

I suppose, that is a possibility. But surely, certainly, murder ups the culpability of their crimes.

14. One more thing

One more thing Member

This is incredibly sad. Why go through the childbirth and then murder your own baby?

15. fabvab

fabvab Well-Known Member

This makes me so upset! I’m looking at my 2 day old grandson and can’t imagine anyone hurting a baby let alone murder it! Think how many people would have loved to adopt the newborn! Life in prison is too good for them!

16. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

WTF??? Omg, SO many people would have loved to adopt that baby!!!! If you didn't want him, just give him up!

Marg from Oz, abr, SugarQueen and 6 others like this.
  17. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Kindness Matters

This is why penal punishments need to be swift & sure. Activate & use the death penalty. Make people afraid to hurt their children.

18. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

OMG. How horrible for the baby.

19. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

ITA - Leave a note, so officials won't try to find them, and say, "We don't want him. Please give him to a good family. Followup is unnecessary," to leave no doubt.
    Dammit.

20. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Possibly scared, certainly stoopid, selfish, soul-less, murderous, and wanted by LE.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019