Found Deceased CA - Dolores Wulff, 45, Woodland, 31 July 1979

Discussion in 'Resolved Cold Cases' started by Richard, Jan 24, 2008.

1. sunnynz

sunnynz Well-Known Member

This Namus link is dead but do you recall if the UID was the one that ended up being her?

Bit of hope and Al Ka like this.

2. sunnynz

This Namus link is dead but do you recall if the UID was the one that ended up being her?
    have flagged this post to admins so that the thread can be updated to found deceased.

JudgeJoe, Al Ka and Andreee like this.
  3. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

When I clicked on that link even though it no longer exists it shows number of the Case#/15567 on the top.

And Yes, unknown torso found was that same case number as member sluethermac suggested here in 2018 - NamUs #UP15567. I wonder if he called it in and it should be marked as Match.

Here is link to case of Dolores as Unidentified. You can see details of that NamUs in the first post there -

Identified! - CA - Benicia, WhtFem, 30-45, torso and legs, Sept’79 - Dolores Wulff

Good eye sunnynz.

4. Cascadia Mount

Cascadia Mount Well-Known Member

5. Cascadia Mount

Cascadia Mount Well-Known Member

6. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

RIP Dolores

Al Ka, Bit of hope, JudgeJoe and 2 others like this.
  7. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Dolores Wulff, 45, died 1979

8. sluethermac

sluethermac Active Member

I did not submit it in unfortunately, I was nervous about contacting LE (I would've been 17 in 2018) but I do believe the case I suggested was a match. Your thanks' are appreciated, however we should be putting more praise into whoever notified LE on the potential match.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  9. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

10. sunnynz

I definitely wouldn’t beat yourself up about that. I wouldn’t have had the confidence to do it at that age.

11. sunnynz

I just read this, great thorough article. Sadly this feels like a story that would apply to many of the missing women from this time period. Husbands or boyfriends who claim the woman left. Sickening to think how many men got away with this.

For me, the best thing I can do is be open to helping any of my friends or family who may be going through a domestic violence situation and be a supportive and sympathetic ear.

also hard to believe that police never connected the dots between the uid and Dolores at the time. I am from a pace with one centralised police force across the whole country and this would never happen because any missing person or uid gets communicated nationwide. I appreciate that the US is a big country and that’s a different scenario. But if it got missed in Dolores’ case because different LE agencies worked in silos then that seems a real shame

renee_ellis and taramarie like this.
  12. rob525

rob525 Well-Known Member

It frustrates me every time I read a case where law enforcement did little or nothing to solve cases. It happens and has happened far too often. I do not know if this is the case here though. My first thought was anger at her remains being found a month and a half later and 50 miles away yet it taking so long to identify her.

Cascadia Mount likes this.