CA CA - Dorothy Scott, 32, Anaheim, 27 May 1980

No, he called her at home and work.

Later, after she was murdered, he would call her parents.

Ok thanks Betty

Does anyone know if she originally started receiving the calls while she was home? or did they start occurring while she was at work?

Were these obscene phone calls ? or threats ? I've seen them described differently.

Ok thanks Betty

Does anyone know if she originally started receiving the calls while she was home? or did they start occurring while she was at work?

Were these obscene phone calls ? or threats ? I've seen them described differently.
I am not sure if they were obscene, but more threatening, like a maniacal jealous person.

Her stalker would have had to have been literally following her pace in the car to see she was going into the hospital with her work colleague. This means he was waiting outside wherever her work meeting was, followed her from there, waited all those hours for her to come out of the hospital to collect her car by herself (huge risk as they could have all walked to the car together), to then jump her. Dorothy, Pam and her male colleague, Conrad were probably in too much of a panicked state to notice someone was tailing Dorothy's car.

So, I wonder if there were any cars left in the car park overnight? Not that we will be able to ever know or tell given how long ago it was, but he couldn't have followed her on foot, which means he would have had to have come back to the hospital at some point to collect his car.

He also seemed to know about the spider bite. Pam claims Dorothy didn't leave her side all night except to use the bathroom before leaving, so how did he know? Doesn't mention if Pam or Conrad had called anyone to inform them.

Dorothy's car was found abandoned some ten miles away in a Santa Ana alleyway. Burning. So, how did they get from the alleyway to wherever they ended up? Did the killer live in Santa Ana? How did he manage to keep Dorothy quiet at that time? Doesn't seem as if police interviewed residents in the area about seeing the car or anyone suspicious.

Last edited:
Her stalker would have had to have been literally following her pace in the car to see she was going into the hospital with her work colleague. This means he was waiting outside wherever her work meeting was, followed her from there, waited all those hours for her to come out of the hospital to collect her car by herself (huge risk as they could have all walked to the car together), to then jump her. Dorothy, Pam and her male colleague, Conrad were probably in too much of a panicked state to notice someone was tailing Dorothy's car.

So, I wonder if there were any cars left in the car park overnight? Not that we will be able to ever know or tell given how long ago it was, but he couldn't have followed her on foot, which means he would have had to have come back to the hospital at some point to collect his car.

He also seemed to know about the spider bite. Pam claims Dorothy didn't leave her side all night except to use the bathroom before leaving, so how did he know? Doesn't mention if Pam or Conrad had called anyone to inform them.

Dorothy's car was found abandoned some ten miles away in a Santa Ana alleyway. Burning. So, how did they get from the alleyway to wherever they ended up? Did the killer live in Santa Ana? How did he manage to keep Dorothy quiet at that time? Doesn't seem as if police interviewed residents in the area about seeing the car or anyone suspicious.
I been trying to find out where in Santa Ana the car was dumped and if POI, Mike Butler, lived near by. I am sure investigators looked into it but did not have enough info to charge him.

This is why I believe it was someone who worked with her or did at one time. She also recognized the voice but couldn’t place it.

This is why I believe it was someone who worked with her or did at one time. She also recognized the voice but couldn’t place it.
Or someone related to, living with a coworker.

Probably someone she knew or recognized and saw regularly. It made it easier for them to approach her in the parking lot, get close enough to abduct her.

Possibly an ex-coworker as she must have been on high alert given all the calls and would have recognised the person's voice. It doesn't say anywhere whether previous employees were interviewed, either.

Get GEDmatch or something involved. Christ, this case infuriates me to no end.

1685318076869.png

''Dorothy Jane Scott

In May 1980, Santa Ana Register City Editor, Pat O. Riley received a phone call from an anonymous caller. “Dorothy Jane Scott…she was my love. I caught her cheating with another man…she denied having another man…I killed her,” said the unknown male caller.

A 32-year-old female by the name of Dorothy Jane Scott went missing shortly after midnight on May 29, 1980.

Dorothy was last seen at The UCI Medical Center in Orange. Her friends saw a suspicious figure driving her 1973 white Toyota station wagon exiting the hospital parking lot. The friends reported that she had been missing for nearly an hour. Santa Ana PD found her car on fire at 5 a.m. in an alleyway in the 800 block of South Townsend.

The day before she went missing, she was wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeved maroon blouse, a white scarf, and a round turquoise ring on her left index finger.

In 1994, two construction workers at a work site in Anaheim Hills found a human skull along with various skeletal remains and the turquoise ring. Through dental records, it was determined that the skull was Dorothy’s.

Dorothy Jane Scott photo 2

The potential murder suspect was a man who continually made calls to Dorothy and her family. However, the mysterious man was never identified or found.

Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Task Force are searching for new leads on Dorothy’s case. The search to bring justice to Dorothy and her family is ongoing.''

I've seen the theory posited that Dorothy's stalker saw her with Conrad that night and flew into a jealous rage. It was fortuitous for the killer that Dorothy collected the car on her own.

It's also interesting that the taunting phone calls stopped after Dorothy's father answered the phone. Was the stalker worried that the father would recognise his voice, or was he too intimidated by her father's masculinity?

Since there is no DNA or other forensic evidence, I can't see how this murder will be solved.

In the true crime diary they say a dog was found over her body. I wonder if it could be connected with somebody with "The Four Pi Movement" they were practicing there rituals in the Santa Ana mountains. The central object of this cult was to promote the total worship of evil. four pi movement – Irrational Geographic The Four Pi Movement
"P.I." is also known as a degree of the O.T.O. means Perfect Initiate. Dues & Fees Membership | Ordo Templi Orientis | United Kingdom Grand Lodge

Last edited:
"P.I." is also known as a degree of the O.T.O. means Perfect Initiate. Dues & Fees Membership | Ordo Templi Orientis | United Kingdom Grand Lodge
The four "P" also make up the Process Churches symbol, which was also associated with the Charles Manson group; this group could have been formed by one of their members. Hooded Snuffoids: Manson and the Satan Freaks Known Associates - CharlesManson.com 'Reluctant cultist' survives an end times cult turned pet rescue group to find his own faith The Four Pi Movement

Last edited:
DNA is a weird thing. It can survive undetected for the longest time. Is it possible that there’s some of the killer’s DNA on Dorothy bones? An exhumation might be in order.

I can’t get away from that Conrad or Pam are suspects because of their proximity to Dorothy.

The logistics of it seems too conplicated if it was not them or some other coworker possibly. Someone who knew where they went at the very least.

But even then how would anyone know Dorothy would go get the car alone? Only two ppl seem to be in the know of all the logistics. Well, three including Dorothy. But why would she run away - that makes no sense.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back