CA - Dr. Conrad Murray charged in the death of Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Conrad Murray' started by akashana, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOZGAL

BOZGAL New Member

All I have seen from the DT is ABC theories.

ANYONE BUT CONRAD

Something tells me these theories are not going to work out in their favor.

jmho

2. BOZGAL

BOZGAL New Member

All I have seen from the DT is ABC theories.

ANYONE BUT CONRAD

Something tells me these theories are not going to work out in their favor.

jmho

3. BOZGAL

BOZGAL New Member

Michael Jackson death: Attorney Connie Rice among possible jurors

Prominent civil rights attorney Connie Rice is among the potential jurors in the trial of Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray.

Court officers led Rice and approximately 100 other prospective jurors down a court hallway lined with reporters Friday morning as the jury pool is winnowed down to a dozen who will decide Murray's fate.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...orney-connie-rice-among-potential-jurors.html

4. BOZGAL

BOZGAL New Member

Michael Jackson death: Attorney Connie Rice among possible jurors

Prominent civil rights attorney Connie Rice is among the potential jurors in the trial of Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray.

Court officers led Rice and approximately 100 other prospective jurors down a court hallway lined with reporters Friday morning as the jury pool is winnowed down to a dozen who will decide Murray's fate.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...orney-connie-rice-among-potential-jurors.html

5. 2goaliemom

2goaliemom Member

I agree--it's my opinion too. Mark Geragos, who represented Michael in the 2005 case before Tom Mesereau took over (rather brilliantly too!), said yesterday about jury selection in the case:

"In death he has become more beloved than in the last 10 years of his life," said defense attorney Mark Geragos. . . . "Anybody who has a couple of neurons firing and their synapses are working can figure what a lawyer wants to see," said Geragos. "Until you look them in the eye, until you see body language, micro expressions and everything else, you don't know what else is really going on."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ent&id=8364735

The defense tactics will be to try Michael Jackson instead and blame him for his own death. No matter what they purport, they cannot explain how a cardiologist believes that he can administer Propofol in a home setting, without any resuscitation equipment, administer this anesthetic on top of doses of benzos previously administered, leave the patient unmonitored, make cell calls out of the patient's room, lie to emergency medical staff as well as hospital staff, disappear without explanation, attempt to cover-up the scene--and be so totally arrogant and condescending as to believe yourself innocent (this last point is MO obviously, but this quack should have had his license revoked 2 years ago).

The defense will employ a smoke and mirrors defense, not as outrageous as in the OKC trial, but nonetheless outrageous because most medical experts agree that what Murray did was beyond negligence.

6. 2goaliemom

2goaliemom Member

I agree--it's my opinion too. Mark Geragos, who represented Michael in the 2005 case before Tom Mesereau took over (rather brilliantly too!), said yesterday about jury selection in the case:

"In death he has become more beloved than in the last 10 years of his life," said defense attorney Mark Geragos. . . . "Anybody who has a couple of neurons firing and their synapses are working can figure what a lawyer wants to see," said Geragos. "Until you look them in the eye, until you see body language, micro expressions and everything else, you don't know what else is really going on."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ent&id=8364735

The defense tactics will be to try Michael Jackson instead and blame him for his own death. No matter what they purport, they cannot explain how a cardiologist believes that he can administer Propofol in a home setting, without any resuscitation equipment, administer this anesthetic on top of doses of benzos previously administered, leave the patient unmonitored, make cell calls out of the patient's room, lie to emergency medical staff as well as hospital staff, disappear without explanation, attempt to cover-up the scene--and be so totally arrogant and condescending as to believe yourself innocent (this last point is MO obviously, but this quack should have had his license revoked 2 years ago).

The defense will employ a smoke and mirrors defense, not as outrageous as in the OKC trial, but nonetheless outrageous because most medical experts agree that what Murray did was beyond negligence.

7. 2goaliemom

2goaliemom Member

A jury has been chosen. They are still in court at this time selecting the alternates.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Conrad-Murray-trial:-Jury-is-chosen/8366060

BTW at the bottom of this article, they say they will have a livestream when the trial begins. I will see if this is so and will post the link again for all of us who work and want to watch or listen when we can.

8. 2goaliemom

2goaliemom Member

A jury has been chosen. They are still in court at this time selecting the alternates.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Conrad-Murray-trial:-Jury-is-chosen/8366060

BTW at the bottom of this article, they say they will have a livestream when the trial begins. I will see if this is so and will post the link again for all of us who work and want to watch or listen when we can.

9. BOZGAL

BOZGAL New Member

Its been a bad smogarsbord of excuses from the DT since the beginning. :sick:

This case is quite simple and even with the recent fiasco in FLA I have faith the jury will come back with the "G" word.
    DT should have begged for a plea deal.

Of course these are just my opinions.

10. BOZGAL

BOZGAL New Member

Its been a bad smogarsbord of excuses from the DT since the beginning. :sick:

This case is quite simple and even with the recent fiasco in FLA I have faith the jury will come back with the "G" word.
    DT should have begged for a plea deal.

Of course these are just my opinions.

11. 2goaliemom

2goaliemom Member

I sure hope you're right Bozgal. This case has nothing to do with what Michael did or didn't do--it is about what Dr. Murray did and didn't do that ended in the death of Michael Jackson. The truly sickening part is that Michael will be tried once again in the media. Ths like JVM keep dredging up the 2005 trial, which again has nothing to do with this trial. There are many of us who thoroughly investigated the allegations in 1993 and 2005, and the jury got it right in 2005. It's too bad that it has always been more profitable for the media to portray Michael as guilty, when the evidence is and was overwhelming to the contrary. However, there is an effort to keep the focus in the media where it needs to be in this trial--the defendant and his role in Michael's death.

The jury is now set and the trial begins with opening statements on Tuesday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/24/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/index.html

12. 2goaliemom

2goaliemom Member

I sure hope you're right Bozgal. This case has nothing to do with what Michael did or didn't do--it is about what Dr. Murray did and didn't do that ended in the death of Michael Jackson. The truly sickening part is that Michael will be tried once again in the media. Ths like JVM keep dredging up the 2005 trial, which again has nothing to do with this trial. There are many of us who thoroughly investigated the allegations in 1993 and 2005, and the jury got it right in 2005. It's too bad that it has always been more profitable for the media to portray Michael as guilty, when the evidence is and was overwhelming to the contrary. However, there is an effort to keep the focus in the media where it needs to be in this trial--the defendant and his role in Michael's death.

The jury is now set and the trial begins with opening statements on Tuesday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/24/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/index.html

13. BOZGAL

BOZGAL New Member

The media coverage is so PATHETIC I seldom watch anything.
    No reason to run my blood pressure up.
    I plan on watching trial live stream and just do not need the constant nonsense and commercial breaks.

jmho

14. BOZGAL

BOZGAL New Member

The media coverage is so PATHETIC I seldom watch anything.
    No reason to run my blood pressure up.
    I plan on watching trial live stream and just do not need the constant nonsense and commercial breaks.

jmho

15. dunlurken

dunlurken New Member

Does anyone know if there will be a Conrad Murray thread/board? Please PM me if anyone can find it or else is this the place to post?:seeya:

16. dunlurken

dunlurken New Member

Does anyone know if there will be a Conrad Murray thread/board? Please PM me if anyone can find it or else is this the place to post?:seeya:

17. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

I was wondering this too.

I wasnt goning to watch the trial as I have been uninterested in the case so far. Not following it at all, I decided I would watch/post , if there is a real time thread on the forum.

18. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

I was wondering this too.

I wasnt goning to watch the trial as I have been uninterested in the case so far. Not following it at all, I decided I would watch/post , if there is a real time thread on the forum.

19. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I think going with this would be a huge mistake.

Several anesthesiologists have spoken out about this subject and said it is impossible to overdose on propofol by ingesting it.

The doctors said some of the propofol can leak into the stomach after death once the liver and kidneys are no longer functioning.

IMO

20. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I think going with this would be a huge mistake.

Several anesthesiologists have spoken out about this subject and said it is impossible to overdose on propofol by ingesting it.

The doctors said some of the propofol can leak into the stomach after death once the liver and kidneys are no longer functioning.

IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.