CA CA - Dr. Enrique Garibay Ruiz, 51, Los Angeles, 6 Oct 2017

Thanks Curiosityscat for the answers to the questions!
I found out today I could leave my rental car with the dealership. I didn't have to return to the rental agent.

:bump: again....

Not a peep from LE about Enrique....

What is up with that???

Seriously! You'd think with all the plate readers in use around the country- at least the car would be found by now. ANYTHING from the family?

Seriously! You'd think with all the plate readers in use around the country- at least the car would be found by now. ANYTHING from the family?

Surely Avis has reported the car stolen by now, right? I can't find confirmation of that anywhere. It seems like that would be such a basic, logical, helpful step.

:bump: for Enrique...

I see his family still has the page, FWIW.

Where are you Mr. Ruiz???

:candle:

The thing that has ALWAYS stood out to me about this one is his clearly bogus story about the publishing. That is what screams voluntary missing to me.

While it is entirely possible that he and the car are at the bottom of a ravine somewwhere- I would have a much easier time believing that if it weren't for that story. And the whole 'leaving the airport' part.

IDK, but I do feel for his family.

The thing that has ALWAYS stood out to me about this one is his clearly bogus story about the publishing. That is what screams voluntary missing to me.

While it is entirely possible that he and the car are at the bottom of a ravine somewwhere- I would have a much easier time believing that if it weren't for that story. And the whole 'leaving the airport' part.

IDK, but I do feel for his family.
I agree.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If he indeed set up his disappearance to start a new life here in the United States, he would at least. had to have ditched the car since that would be traceable back to him. And what would he be doing for money since he couldn't get a job under his real name with his impressive credentials. He can't use his cards cuz tihose are traceable. How is he liiving if he staged his disappearance?

However, I have agree his whole story for being here for the publishing is hokey.

If he indeed set up his disappearance to start a new life here in the United States, he would at least. had to have ditched the car since that would be traceable back to him. And what would he be doing for money since he couldn't get a job under his real name with his impressive credentials. He can't use his cards cuz tihose are traceable. How is he liiving if he staged his disappearance?

However, I have agree his whole story for being here for the publishing is hokey.

What if he had an accomplice? Of the romantic variety perhaps?

What if he had an accomplice? Of the romantic variety perhaps?

Considering nothing has been seen or heard from him and his actions and behaviors were sketchy right before he was suppose to return home, I wouldn't doubt it one bit. So much doesn't pass a smell test that it well could be he is voluntarily missing. And he could very possibly had help.

Considering nothing has been seen or heard from him and his actions and behaviors were sketchy right before he was suppose to return home, I wouldn't doubt it one bit. So much doesn't pass a smell test that it well could be he is voluntarily missing. And he could very possibly had help.

If that is what happened I would assume he is in Mexico.

If that is what happened I would assume he is in Mexico.
Probably a pretty good assumption. He may have reinvented himself and started a new life. The car could have been sold and chopped up there. For all we know, he's sipping Pina Coladas on a beach somewhere. It wouldn't be the first time someone has done that. IMO

Without going back and reading, didn't he have a Mexican passport? Of course if he did and he used it to get into Mexico, it would have been scanned and Mexican authorities would know he was there. Right?

I dunno, after being gone so long, without a sighting, the rental car not being located, the "reasons" he was here, where he was staying, when he decided to rent a car, and then the weird behavior at the airport, I'm leaning more towards him walking away from his old life and starting a brand new one. JMO

Bumping...FWIW was visiting family here in LA, when he was last seen.

DPQBazBVoAcFuUQ.jpg

Snipped from LAPD News Release:

...Enrique was visiting family, here in LA, when he was last seen.

:thinking:

Bumping...FWIW was visiting family here in LA, when he was last seen.

Yet he stayed at a cheap hostel, didn't rent a vehicle until the last day, was suppose to have met with publishers, and then disappeared after tells no his wife he was at the airport, waiting for his plane.

He obviously left the airport or he would have been found by now. Question is, why did he leave? Was he ever really there when he told wife he was?

So much about this does not make sense. JMO

But if he wanted to live a life away from his wife and family why would he call her before disappearing and say he's on the way? There was no need for it imo.

I think an accident can't be ruled out.

But if he wanted to live a life away from his wife and family why would he call her before disappearing and say he's on the way? There was no need for it imo.

I think an accident can't be ruled out.

It was just another lie. Perhaps to make her not feel as badly that he was taking off? IDK- there is ALWAYS the possibility that he ran afoul of someone or something (car accident)- but the lies that preceded his disappearance still stand out as the most relevant clue to me. MOO

Yet he stayed at a cheap hostel, didn't rent a vehicle until the last day, was suppose to have met with publishers, and then disappeared after tells no his wife he was at the airport, waiting for his plane.

He obviously left the airport or he would have been found by now. Question is, why did he leave? Was he ever really there when he told wife he was?

So much about this does not make sense. JMO

Agreed- renting the car on the last day is a huge red flag.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back