GUILTY CA - Dr. Mark Anderson for groping dental patients, Woodland, 2007

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Taximom, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301710,00.html
    Monday, October 15, 2007
    [​IMG]

WOODLAND, Calif. — A dentist accused of fondling the breasts of 27 female patients is trying to keep his dental license by arguing that chest massages are an appropriate procedure in certain cases. Mark Anderson's lawyer says dental journals discuss the need to massage the pectoral muscles to treat a common jaw problem.
    Police say Anderson said during recorded phone calls that he routinely massaged patients' chests to treat temporo-mandibular joint disorder, or TMJ, which causes neck and head pain.
    Attorney Robert Zaro told administrative law judge Jonathan Lew at a hearing Thursday that he should let Anderson keep his dental license while disciplinary appeals proceed. Anderson would be supervised by two assistants and would no longer do the chest rubs, Zaro said.
    Zaro said Anderson, 48, of Woodland, needs to keep seeing patients so he can feed his seven children and pay for his defense.
    The judge made no immediate decision.

(more at link)

2. Loading...

3. Buzz Mills

Buzz Mills New Member

Dentist claims breast rubs appropriate

WOODLAND, Calif. - A dentist accused of fondling the breasts of 27 female patients is trying to keep his dental license by arguing that chest massages are an appropriate procedure in certain cases. Mark Anderson's lawyer says dental journals discuss the need to massage the pectoral muscles to treat a common jaw problem.

Police say Anderson said during recorded phone calls that he routinely massaged patients' chests to treat temporo-mandibular joint disorder, or TMJ, which causes neck and head pain.

Attorney Robert Zaro told administrative law judge Jonathan Lew at a hearing Thursday that he should let Anderson keep his dental license while disciplinary appeals proceed. Anderson would be supervised by two assistants and would no longer do the chest rubs, Zaro said.

Zaro said Anderson, 48, of Woodland, needs to keep seeing patients so he can feed his seven children and pay for his defense.

The judge made no immediate decision.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071013...sed_dentist;_ylt=AloJCDi1kVi6WYES1GpMFcCs0NUE

4. ziggy

ziggy New Member

RRRRiiiiggghhht.... and I'm the Queen of England. I'm sure he explained that to the patients prior to giving their breasts a feel and had them sign a consent. Was there anyone else in the room, an assistant? Probably not which is critical in all medical practices when laying hands on patients so that you're not accused of any sexual misconduct.

Hard ruling for the judge though - innocent until proven guilty. Tough call.

5. hoppyfrog

hoppyfrog Retired WS Staff

And here's a chiropractor who recently made a similiar claim. He's now in jail. :D

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=7079343

September 15, 2007 1:35 PM ET
    FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - A Fond du Lac chiropractor accused of inappropriately touching three women during appointments over two years has pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct.

Four misdemeanor counts of fourth-degree sexual assault against Peter Baehr were dropped as part of a plea deal.

Fond du Lac County Circuit Court Judge Steven Weinke sentenced Baehr to 40 days in jail, 30 months of probation and 100 hours of community service on Friday.

Three women patients told police that the 49-year-old chiropractor would massage their backs and then move his hands under their bras to their breasts.

Baehr contended the contact in question was a legitimate chiropractic procedure.

As part of the plea deal, the district attorney's office has agreed not to file charges in regard to complaints other female patients have made about Baehr.

6. pedinurse

pedinurse Former Member

WTF ever!

7. Paladin

Paladin Former Member

Only in California....

8. Jules

Jules Former Member

I wonder if female dentists can claim rubbing peckers is an appropriate procedure in certain cases???? :rolleyes:

Where do these people come up with stuff??? ? :waitasec:

9. IdahoMom

IdahoMom Former Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:p :p :p :p

You know, when I saw you had posted on this thread, I knew I was in for a treat! YOU are a NUT!! :p But I love ya!

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

10. Lauren

Lauren Former Member

My dentist knows he would get slapped upside the face and I would knock the crap out of him. BEFORE I SUE HIS PANTS. Ya, it's always appropriate.
    What school did he go to.. What a schmuck.:bang:

11. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

You have to wonder if any of his male patients got the same treatment???
    Did none of them have this disorder???

12. bakerprune64

bakerprune64 Former Member

ROTFLMAO....what a freaking pervert. I cannot believe that they are letting this guy conitnue to practice:eek:

13. Lauren

Lauren Former Member

No Am, some men may enjoy it...
    What is wrong with me today.
    I know
    but cant say.:eek:

14. lavonne

lavonne New Member

:loser:

15. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

I could see massaging my neck or head...but my boobs aren't even close to where my teeth are, not even in a push up bra! This guy's a pervert!!!

16. BarnGoddess

BarnGoddess Former Member

Geez, years and years ago, I had an oral surgeon who had to dig into my jaw looking for a piece of tooth that broke off when another dentist pulled a wisdom tooth. He sent me there immediately and the oral surgeon put me under in that "twilight" sleep. I do remember vaguely, with no pain, something going on. After the procedure, he asked me to walk with him to the recovery couch. I, and I repeat here I asked him to carry me. Good grief, the man was a hunk and I was not quite myself at that moment.............Damn, all he did was chuckle............oh, well.............

17. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Phillips gave Lew three new complaints, including one from a 31-year-old woman who said Anderson fondled her at least six times over two years.
    She took to wearing tight shirts with high necklines, "and Anderson would still get in under her shirt and bra," according to a police report.

You really have to wonder why this woman went back for more of the same treatment.

___

18. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

My guess is that she'd have more male patients than she could handle!!

Where does personal responsibility fall in here? A patient who would allow this is just stupid.

19. Buzz Mills

Buzz Mills New Member

Jeana, I didn't reallize that Taximom had a thread already started on this in the "Crimes in the News forum." My apologies Tm.

20. IdahoMom

IdahoMom Former Member

It's that damn TMJ!!! ;) :rolleyes: :doh:

21. dkitty

dkitty New Member

Glad I got false teeth..LOL