Still Missing CA - Duke Flores, 6, front yard of his home, Apple Valley, 25 Apr 2019 *Mother and Aunt ARRESTED*

So I’m envisioning a garage living space - wide open, no walls - so could see whatever was going on. Was Joseph in the garage watching Duke and the 9 month old Duke was supposedly smothering?
Guessing no kitchen or bathroom either.

they were probably inside the house. their family did live there.

I think it’s just bad sentence structure. Probably should read “...in the garage of the house where they lived.”

I wish I could say I’m surprised at the horrific details that have come out. Sadly, it feels like incidents of parents murdering their children and tossing them out like trash are happening with greater frequency in recent years.

I don't know. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 3 of them were living in the garage. Standard procedure for many crowded family homes.

the two sisters are equally to blame in my eyes. The one that said she ONLY tied his hands is lying out of her backside. As if you would stand there and let anyone put a bag over your childs head and not bat an eyelash.
I think he was beaten by both and them suffocated with the bag.
I just cannot get my head around anyone standing by watching this happen to a child, nevermind participating. I would fight a crowd if i saw them doing this to a child and im not a violent person at all. Poor duke suffered terribly i fear.

We haven't forgotten you little man.
t31150.gif

Shew! Reading this is like taking a punch to the gut. And not having anyone to punch back. I can’t even. I’m so enraged.
Well sorry to enrage you further, but the punishment will be “3 hots and a cot”. Do you want to pay to feed and house such evil for the rest of their evil lives? It’s time for penalty reform for such violent acts against children. Only a chain gang hard labor situation is appropriate for miscreants like this. They need to pay their debt to society, and it needs to be through hard labor serving the state.

amateur opinion and speculation

DEC 29, 2019
Looking back: The 10 most-read Daily Press news stories of 2019
[...]

With the new year fast approaching, it’s that time of year to look back and reflect. Here are the 10 most-read Daily Press stories of 2019. This list is based on online views as of Dec. 28. The stories are ranked from No. 10 to No. 1.

[...]

5. “Testimony: Duke Flores was killed after trying to smother infant”

In July, shocking testimony at a preliminary hearing revealed how homicide detectives believe twin sisters Jackee and Jennifer Contreras, 29, were involved in the alleged killing of Jackee’s 6-year-old son Duke Flores. According to testimony from Narcie Sousa, the sisters allegedly murdered and placed Flores in a dumpster near his Apple Valley home. The sisters alleged the boy used a pillow to try to smother Jennifer Contreras’ 9-month-old infant daughter. Judge Lisa Rogan ruled there was sufficient evidence to have both sisters stand trial for murder. The trial remains ongoing. The sisters are due back in court Jan. 24.

This article is lengthy so in order to bring as much of it here as possible, I've summarized.

Changing stories mark Duke Flores' disappearance
  • Jackee and Jennifer gave family members and LE various explanations for Duke's disappearance, in the days before both were officially charged.
  • In the prelim, SBCS homicide detective, Sousa, testified that the twins strangled Duke while Jackee bound his hands after he was allegedly caught trying to smother Jennifer’s 9-month-old daughter with a pillow.
  • Jackee told Sousa this happened at the Apple Valley home on Cherokee Avenue 11 days before police discovered he was missing on April 25. Duke’s body was buried in the backyard, but was later dug up and placed in a dumpster 3 blocks away on April 21 — Easter Sunday.
  • LE testified that family members who knew Duke hadn’t been seen for at least a week and doubted the sisters’ explanations spurred the official discovery.
  • One of the skeptical ones was LG, Duke’s grandmother.
  • Jackee told LG that Duke had been taken to a mental hospital and that Jackee had given up her “parental rights.”
  • Jackee told Duke’s father, JF, and Duke’s paternal grandfather, JF2 a similar version - that Duke had been placed in a mental hospital on a 72-hour-hold.
  • The sisters’ cousin, CG, didn’t believe this because she has a child with a disability and was familiar with the procedure. When she asked for more details, she said the sisters were unable to provide any.
  • In CA, a person can be involuntarily committed for up to 72 hours in a psychiatric facility to be evaluated by professionals if suffering a MH crisis.
  • LG eventually gathered up family members to go confront the sisters and drove from where she lives in Los Angeles to Apple Valley.
  • The trip took place after CG said she asked for paperwork concerning the mental hold from Jennifer and was told: “Just forget about it. It’s too late.”
  • When family members arrived at the home, a “physical altercation” broke out. LG said Jennifer was cussing and repeated a similar statement: “It’s too late. He’s never coming back.”
  • Deputy Tyler McGee was the first officer to arrive on the night of 4/25. He described it as a chaotic scene, with about 20 people in the front yard.
  • “There was a lot of talking, elevated voices, some screaming, some crying, just a lot of commotion going on,” McGee testified Wednesday.
  • JF2, his wife and paternal grandmother MF, and Duke’s father, JF, all told McGee that the boy hadn’t been seen in one to two weeks.
  • JF2 walked McGee to the backyard. McGee said in court he saw a “fresh area of dirt that appeared to be recently manipulated with.”
  • McGee said he pulled Jackee aside from the commotion to speak with her.
  • She told him that Jennifer and she had found Duke attempting to smother Jennifer’s daughter in the garage, where Jackee, Joseph and Duke lived.
  • Duke walked outside to the backyard. The sisters stayed in the garage for about a 1/2 hour. Jackee said when they went to look for him, he was gone.
  • Jackee said she and her sister looked for Duke around the neighborhood for about an hour then went back to the house and, “continued their night.” Neither LE or family members were informed that he was missing.
  • Two days later Sousa interviewed Jackee and she told him about the killing.
  • Jennifer told a similar story before being charged with murder, but implicated Jackee. In her version, Jackee took Duke out to the backyard while Jennifer stayed with her daughter in the garage.
  • She said she went outside and Jackee told her that Duke was no longer here, but she didn’t ask questions. Jackee asked Jennifer later to take out three bags of trash, one of which was heavier than the other, Sousa testified. Jennifer said she assumed Jackee killed the boy.
  • In an interview with both sisters, however, a detective testified that Jennifer appeared to agree with what sister Jackee told detectives.
  • Attorney Weaver, for Jackee, argued that there was “absolutely no evidence that she was actually involved in the murder.”
  • “My client was simply there,” he said, noting that there was some contention over when exactly Jackee bound Duke’s hands as a form of punishment. He argued she had no intention to aid or abet a murder.
  • Parag Shah, attorney for Jennifer, cited Jennifer’s version of what happened, saying that Jackee was the “primary culprit.”
  • Even if Jennifer strangled Duke as Jackee alleged, Shah argued that “Jennifer’s actions would’ve been in the heat of the moment” and subject to a potential voluntary manslaughter charge.
What a web we weave when we practice to deceive...I don't believe much they have to say......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back