CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if you work for the township/county, you could easily have access to these plans.......another way would be to break into the building, copy the development plans, & get out.

Knowing how prolific & successful of a serial burglar he was, I wouldn't put it past him.

Great point, SAM!

https://truecrimearticles.com/2018/01/30/the-east-area-rapist-part-2/
Craig BerryPosted on January 30, 2018
ear-town-hall-photo.png

I didn't know this guy lived pretty much across the street from the school where they held the meetings......if GSK was there, he could have just followed him outside & watched him walk across the street & into his house, hmm.........interesting.

GSK had many ways of getting what he wanted, makes me feel like a dog chasing his tail.

When you stand up to speak at one of those community meetings, you are asked to state your name before you begin.

All EARS had to do was jot down the name and look it up in the phone book at any phone booth.

Very true, & that's if GSK was at the meeting, like others mentioned, he could gave gotten the name out of the paper if it was written in there.

If he was at the meetings, he was a passive person compared to his evil deeds when he was out at night. Being able to have a switch like that where nobody would suspect you is amazing, especially for a violent offender.

Is there any way if the feds can do a DNA phenotyping sketch/picture of what GSK looks like today, & run that sketch with every states DMV license pictures narrowing down the closest possible suspects that closely match.......then back track the possible matches with the men that lived in California during the years of the attacks.

I'm assuming they are waiting for technology to get better & the sketches/pictures to get a lot closer to what a person looks like.

I'm sure they do DNA phenotype testing every so often hoping technology has gotten better & results closer by doing them on themselves, volunteers, etc......

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/48.php

This link is a good read, its about attack #48, Brandon & Sylvia Garnett.......amazing how this guy wasnt caught. I guess its good Brandon didn't take a swing at him or put him in a head lock, could have caught the guy, or he could have been shot as well.

("Very soon after arriving on the scene, officers spotted a man wiping the dew off the back window of his car parked a short distance from the scene. Since this man matched the general description of the suspect, they brought Brandon to him for a street-side lineup. Bill couldn't make an identification, so a saliva sample was obtained and he was released. It showed that he was a non-secretor so he was dropped off the suspect list. Knowing what we know now though, that was a mistake.")

If that was GSK, he's lucky once again! Didn't the cops take his finger prints? Didn't they ask for his license? Why not ask to see his car insurance & registration as well......who knows what all they asked for, the GSK was one lucky son of a gun.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/attacks.php

This link is too all the attacks......I don't know if its anywhere on this site, so I'm just adding it.

Could the “punishment” map be a sort of amalgam of neighborhoods he stalked? Maybe parts of several neighborhoods put together in a map only he could really decipher, instead of a drawing of just one neighborhood?

Apologies if this idea has already been discussed and ruled out.

5c21fe8c1bbdc6425235702eb9ac0629.jpeg

782616c9f52d7ef6b09632d2b8575331.jpg

I think the map is a red herring intentionally left by EARONS. Inconjuction with the grade school notes, it's just too far fetched to think he ran around with these documents and then accidentally lost them. What purpose would it have served to carry them? How could accidentally lose them when he was meticulous in every other detail? I think he in all likelihood stumbled across the map, maybe in one of the homes he ransacked, then added is personal notes to it, and cast it along side with jibberish school notes where he knew it would be found, and time wasted analyzing documents with not evidentiary value. People still spend a lot of time on it 40 years later...it worked.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/48.php

This link is a good read, its about attack #48, Brandon & Sylvia Garnett.......amazing how this guy wasnt caught. I guess its good Brandon didn't take a swing at him or put him in a head lock, could have caught the guy, or he could have been shot as well.

("Very soon after arriving on the scene, officers spotted a man wiping the dew off the back window of his car parked a short distance from the scene. Since this man matched the general description of the suspect, they brought Brandon to him for a street-side lineup. Bill couldn't make an identification, so a saliva sample was obtained and he was released. It showed that he was a non-secretor so he was dropped off the suspect list. Knowing what we know now though, that was a mistake.")

If that was GSK, he's lucky once again! Didn't the cops take his finger prints? Didn't they ask for his license? Why not ask to see his car insurance & registration as well......who knows what all they asked for, the GSK was one lucky son of a gun.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/attacks.php

This link is too all the attacks......I don't know if its anywhere on this site, so I'm just adding it.

Hard to say what you do in that situation, but I always felt Mr. Garnett let him off the hook.

EAR/ONS could have used notebooks for writing his stalking information. He grabbed one that had old things written in it. He could have ripped those out of the notebook, leaving them in his car. Might have fallen out of the car during his get-away. We will only know when he is caught.

EARS seems to have operated as if he has studied, or copied from a script or a book, ie. dishes on a victim's back, rope attached along doorknobs ect.
Keeping my eyes open for books/ films that may have " inspired " him, circa 1976 or earlier.
Fwiw, imo speculation.

I've fallen into the rabbithole of newspapers.com. One article in particular seems to taunt him.

attachment.php

Attachments

• profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 242
I've fallen into the rabbithole of newspapers.com. One article in particular seems to taunt him.

attachment.php

I've read a profile on him stating he was a highly intelligent schizophrenic.......schizophrenia usually impairs cognitive and social skills drastically, so I doubt he was a schizo.

Did he have some kind of mental problem to be doing what he was, probably, he was also mad at women because he blamed them for his problems in life, so he took it out on them.......he's a very vindictive person.

With today's technologies, & cameras everywhere, DNA, etc......there's no way this guy commits over 120 burglaries (probably over 500), rape 50 women & commit 12 murders in a span of 10 years & do it the way he was doing it back then & not get caught.

Just ... wow. That's surreal. Thank you for sharing that clip.

I can only imagine that maybe police were trying to make him angry so he'd make a mistake.

attachment.php

Sorry if this was already posted upthread and I missed it. I stumbled onto HLN's partner podcast to the documentary series.

It includes case info I hadn't heard before, like how he cut dime-sized holes in windows and used devices to remove things like security dowel rods and unlock the locks. Newest episode was posted on Monday.

* shivers *

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2...the-podcast-to-feed-your-true-crime-cravings/

Sorry if this was already posted upthread and I missed it. I stumbled onto HLN's partner podcast to the documentary series.

It includes case info I hadn't heard before, like how he cut dime-sized holes in windows and used devices to remove things like security dowel rods and unlock the locks. Newest episode was posted on Monday.

* shivers *

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2...the-podcast-to-feed-your-true-crime-cravings/

I read all his attacks in detail & the police stated they still don't know how he would break about a 1 1/2 inch of glass out around where the latch was on a window w/o breaking the entire window.

The guy had skills.

After reading about every attack in detail from 1976 to 1986, it amazes me how people weren't sleeping with guns under their pillows.

There were a ton of incidents on prowling weeks & days before committing the crime......he was prowling homes up & down the block, I lost count of how many people actually saw this guys face w/o a mask as he was strolling threw people yards, front lawns, etc......

I know the media back then is nothing like it is today, internet, etc.....but world still got around. GSK is very lucky there wasn't someone waiting on him with a shotgun & as soon as he broke in, blast him.

After reading about every attack in detail from 1976 to 1986, it amazes me how people weren't sleeping with guns under their pillows.

There were a ton of incidents on prowling weeks & days before committing the crime......he was prowling homes up & down the block, I lost count of how many people actually saw this guys face w/o a mask as he was strolling threw people yards, front lawns, etc......

I know the media back then is nothing like it is today, internet, etc.....but world still got around. GSK is very lucky there wasn't someone waiting on him with a shotgun & as soon as he broke in, blast him.

I cannot even begin to comprehend the terror those communities felt. The breadth of his crimes is chilling to the bone. I, too, don’t know how he lived through it. ... If he did. Perhaps his end came much like you mentioned? Is that possible?

I read all his attacks in detail & the police stated they still don't know how he would break about a 1 1/2 inch of glass out around where the latch was on a window w/o breaking the entire window.

The guy had skills.

Apologies, I wasn’t clear. You’re right — police don’t know *how* he cut the glass or what he used to do it. They explained how it was cut — not the method or instrument used, but the size, shape, etc. Thank you. [emoji846]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth