CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show turned out great, as good as, or better than I had hoped for. Being there and shooting the scenes, you don't get a feel for how the finished product will look. My favorite lead is the home development angle especially with the Goleta one I discussed on the show

Morf!!!
I got you on my Tv!!!!Great job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang Morf! I didn't know you were involved. Watching online now. The quality and production value of this show is fantastic. Could have easily gone the other way. I am right there with you on home development - could have been a staff position with a company or a freelance worker who traveled regularly. Keep up the great work!

I watched a 4 part series recently on the EAR/Golden State killer. In one of the episodes, the drawing of the subdivision was shown along with notes on the back of it. The notes had names, one of the names was Snelling. In the last episode, the Visalia Ransacker crimes were profiled and the Claude Snelling murder. A policeman saw the Snelling attacker and said he had a chubby face and didn't match the description of the EAR/GSK. Does anyone else find it strange that the name "Snelling" was scrawled on evidence found in Stockton and attributed to our guy? Am I the only one who noticed?

I watched a 4 part series recently on the EAR/Golden State killer. In one of the episodes, the drawing of the subdivision was shown along with notes on the back of it. The notes had names, one of the names was Snelling. In the last episode, the Visalia Ransacker crimes were profiled and the Claude Snelling murder. A policeman saw the Snelling attacker and said he had a chubby face and didn't match the description of the EAR/GSK. Does anyone else find it strange that the name "Snelling" was scrawled on evidence found in Stockton and attributed to our guy? Am I the only one who noticed?

No it has been discused in many different message boards over the years.

The show turned out great, as good as, or better than I had hoped for. Being there and shooting the scenes, you don't get a feel for how the finished product will look. My favorite lead is the home development angle especially with the Goleta one I discussed on the show
Hey Morf great job on the TV series! I post on proboards sometimes but mostly lurk now due to certain people that drive me nuts on there. Anyhow, I've read tons of your posts on EARONS and really enjoy all your Zodiac stuff. I kinda see you as one of my online allies. You never get pulled into all the proboard drama and keep your posts positive and constructive. Keep up the good work

So morf is the guy who had the background noise on the phone call analyzed? Well done, sir! The 4-part special is probably the best show I've seen on ID. Just riveting, without being sensationalized. I like what the female investigator from Sac said about not wanting to glorify this guy. I got the impression that they're not real happy about the 'Golden State Killer' moniker, and I have to agree. If the media came up with less flattering names, say, 'The Pencil-Dick Pervert', it just may discourage potential attention *advertiser censored*.

I've fallen into the Golden State Rabbithole, and I can't get up. The name Snelling sounded familiar, so I ran google maps. It's a tiny town, but located almost exactly halfway between Sac and Visalia. Just thought I'd throw it out there. ;-)

attachment.php

Attachments

• snelling3.jpg
    snelling3.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 272
That podcast really confirmed his Tiny penis was for real.
good work morf

So morf is the guy who had the background noise on the phone call analyzed? Well done, sir! The 4-part special is probably the best show I've seen on ID. Just riveting, without being sensationalized. I like what the female investigator from Sac said about not wanting to glorify this guy. I got the impression that they're not real happy about the 'Golden State Killer' moniker, and I have to agree. If the media came up with less flattering names, say, 'The Pencil-Dick Pervert', it just may discourage potential attention *advertiser censored*.

I've fallen into the Golden State Rabbithole, and I can't get up. The name Snelling sounded familiar, so I ran google maps. It's a tiny town, but located almost exactly halfway between Sac and Visalia. Just thought I'd throw it out there
attachment.php

Baby dick killer is my favorite. lol

Posting this on Michelle's book thread too.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?367440-Michelle-McNamara-s-Last-Book-I-ll-Be-Gone-in-the-Dark-Golden-State-Serial-Killer&highlight=Michelle+McNamara
[h=2]Michelle McNamara's Last Book I'll Be Gone in the Dark/ Golden State Serial Killer[/h]
https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...e-in-the-dark-a-masterpiece-of-reportage.html
March 9 2018
Michelle McNamara’s I’ll Be Gone in the Dark ‘a masterpiece of reportage’
I’ll Be Gone in the Dark was completed by McNamara’s associates, and includes an introduction by Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn and an afterword by McNamara’s husband Patton Oswalt. The book is a powerful piece of writing which never attempts to conceal that it was finished posthumously, with editorial references to chapters taken from transcripts, or reconstructed from notes or early drafts, constant reminders that this was a work in progress. Curiously, these reminders make for a stronger work, lending the book a strange sense of vitality.

McNamara documents the investigations into the Golden State Killer, including her own, with grace and subtlety, never shying away from details, but not succumbing to either salaciousness or reader overload. The case is convincing, though sadly unresolved.

Wasn't the lady who was in The Miltary saying that she had a man come up to her at the Air Force club, and ask her if she was their alone or something to that effect, and she told him, my husband is the captain. Did she recall what he looked like. This is my first post about this case. I'm trying to get all caught up!!

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

Reading other forums it seems like a few of them,he was bothering them before the robberies ... Did he bother every single one before or just a few??? Maybe the few he was bothering are somehow more connected to eachother or him. I am wondering what the common denominator is...

If some of these people changed numbers and did not publish them. How would he still get their new numbers. Unless he worked at a phone company maybe?? Or ulities company?

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article204163654.html

This article about Jane Carson-Sandler brings up the part when EAR/ONS/GSK discusses (presumably the nearby Travis Air Force's) Officer's Club.

"In 1976, Jane, then 30, was married to an Air Force officer. She was getting her Bachelor’s degree in nursing from California State University and was in the Air Force reserves, stationed at Travis Air Force base as a flight nurse."

Then the article discusses the attack Jane endured....

"After a while, he came back into the room.

“You looked really good in the Officer’s Club,” he said.

But how did he know she was in the military? She wondered.

Maybe he saw photos of her in uniform around the house. Or maybe he was in the military, too."

Would there be old photos of the Officer's club from the 1975/76 time period? Maybe it is worth considering.

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article204163654.html

This article about Jane Carson-Sandler brings up the part when EAR/ONS/GSK discusses (presumably the nearby Travis Air Force's) Officer's Club.

"In 1976, Jane, then 30, was married to an Air Force officer. She was getting her Bachelor’s degree in nursing from California State University and was in the Air Force reserves, stationed at Travis Air Force base as a flight nurse."

Then the article discusses the attack Jane endured....

"After a while, he came back into the room.

“You looked really good in the Officer’s Club,” he said.

But how did he know she was in the military? She wondered.

Maybe he saw photos of her in uniform around the house. Or maybe he was in the military, too."

Would there be old photos of the Officer's club from the 1975/76 time period? Maybe it is worth considering.
I read on another forum. Some guy came up to her and asked her who she was with at the Club, prior to the attack. I just dont think I would forget anyone coming up to me and asking me that. If this story is even true about a man asking her this PRIOR to the attack.

Are we under, over or on the mark estimating the GSK / EAR ‘s intelligence?

So many possible planted red herrings by the perp. I.e bent spoon, asking for drugs etc etc. how much confidence do we have the “Mad” and “Custer” essays were really accidentally dropped? What about the map sketch? What about paint chips? What about asking about the officer ball?

We know for a fact the perp consciously tried to throw off the investigation—“don’t tell the cops you saw my van” etc. The call to the counseling line. More ect.

How much confidence do we have in the....I’ll call it “accepted evidence” that it is actually legitimate and not a plant.

On the one hand perhaps a diabolical and meticulous perp and on the other perhaps just extremely lucky and not that gifted and helped by below avegerge law enforcement skills from the investigators at the time.

It’s really something I spend a lot of time thinking about.

Did the perp stutter or was it an act? The clenched teeth??

Thoughts. ??!!

Are we under, over or on the mark estimating the GSK / EAR ‘s intelligence?

So many possible planted red herrings by the perp. I.e bent spoon, asking for drugs etc etc. how much confidence do we have the “Mad” and “Custer” essays were really accidentally dropped? What about the map sketch? What about paint chips? What about asking about the officer ball?

We know for a fact the perp consciously tried to throw off the investigation—“don’t tell the cops you saw my van” etc. The call to the counseling line. More ect.

How much confidence do we have in the....I’ll call it “accepted evidence” that it is actually legitimate and not a plant.

On the one hand perhaps a diabolical and meticulous perp and on the other perhaps just extremely lucky and not that gifted and helped by below avegerge law enforcement skills from the investigators at the time.

It’s really something I spend a lot of time thinking about.

Did the perp stutter or was it an act? The clenched teeth??

Thoughts. ??!!
I think almost all the accents and wigs he wore and even things he mentioned about a van were all just to throw victims and police off. I do believe he was on some sort of drug. I even believe he didnt break into homes for the purpose of stealing money or personal items. I believe his motive was just to terroize and hurt these people for his own selfish needs.

About two years ago I was traveling for business and was having dinner and drinks st a bar. I met a retired detective from the Sacramento area active during the EAR events. We struck up a conversation I will share here.

He was young at the time and knew of course about the VR and EAR. At the time he was a very low level detective and not directly associated w any of the crimes. He was involved in auto thefts mostly.

What I found interesting was the angle the perp was LE and had inside knowledge. We chatted about the “blue” code ect. He was adamant LE considered early on the perp to possible be LE. He shared there was in intense internal effort to check, double and triple check all LE on the area and eliminate them as suspects. Although the “good ole boy” system might help you with a speeding or parking ticket or let an officer that drove a little wreckelessly slide no way no how was someone going to be in LE and the EAR and not caught. His take was extraordinary efforts were made to eliminate the EAR as anyone in LE.

One area he felt needed more sluthing was people who had failed out of the Police academy, were dismissed early in their careers or never qualified for the academy and then correlate that to people who ultimately had a career in contruction and or real estate.

Has anyone ever definitively perused this particular avenue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member