CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by SecretAgentMan, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

All I've seen so far are "rumors say". I haven't seen that reported in MSM anywhere, but it's possible I've missed it.

2. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

Maybe this has been addressed before but the thread moves so fast (I didn't even realize this was already thread #2) so forgive me if I'm echoing - but isn't the method LE used here the same thing the DNA Doe Project used/did when they identified Buckskin Girl?

3. insatiable

insatiable Well-Known Member

the relative uploaded their DNA to a public site knowingly for the purpose of sharing their DNA with the public to find matches so there is no violation of privacy or unauthorized use here at all.

From reading around here and in different forums/articles, the way people are talking about the DNA, there is definitely a lack of understanding on what gedmatch is and how it works and how LE used it.

4. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

If the relative had their DNA profile public on the site then there is no legal issue. I think there is a misunderstanding on what LE did and didn’t do.

5. insatiable

insatiable Well-Known Member

Yes it is.

6. terpstra1

terpstra1 New Member

I bet my bottom dollar he's related to JJD.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7. ArmchairDetective74

ArmchairDetective74 Member

The sites policies are very clear. Owner issued a statement about GSK. It was fair game and I am thrilled. McNamara talked about it in her book. Offenders should be very worried. Let’s take them all down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. laces

laces Active Member

over 50 years ago, I was fortunate enough to escape from a predator. After all these years, it was still with me. I felt a measure of relief to discover through the internet that he died of natural causes in a Florida prison several years ago. He raped and killed for his lifetime, interspersed with serving time. I saw his mugshot as an old man and still felt the fear I felt as a child of nine. I am all onboard supporting these investigations and survivors. There is no statute of limitation on justice.
    laces

SkyBoomer likes this.
  9. Lore Listener

Lore Listener So many crimes, so little time

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry you had to go through that, @laces. You're a #survivor.

10. laces

laces Active Member

Maybe dazed, he can't believe anyone actually caught him. I'm sure he will try to sleep through his trial. His lawyer is kind of making me nauseous with her gentle touch on his shoulder.

11. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

Agree and there is a pretty strong disclosure on the GEDmatch sign-in page that warns that GEDmatch cannot predict how others might use their information and if they are uncomfortable with this, they shouldn't upload their DNA to the site. I haven't gone in there for a while, but there is probably another disclosure before a person actually uploads their DNA.

I'm not an attorney, but I'm not seeing how the relative's privacy was violated. They voluntarily put their DNA on the website, along with a family tree with the specific intention of sharing it with others. I'm sure they never anticipated they had a serial murderer/rapist in their extended family and that their DNA would help LE find the responsible party.

If LE used my DNA to catch a monster, I'd initially be horrified that such a person even existed in my extended family, but ultimately, I'm pretty sure I'd be happy that my information provided LE what they needed to identify a suspect and that they were able to get the guy off the streets and to begin the process of seeking justice for the victims and their families.

IMO, the DNA match between the killer and the relative must have been rather compelling to get the attention of LE, but the family tree they posted online sealed the deal for LE. I think if anyone is concerned that there might be a violent criminal somewhere in their extended family, and if they want to protect this criminal, then don't post a family tree online!

SkyBoomer likes this.
  12. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

13. nrdsb4

nrdsb4 Well-Known Member

Agree 100%.

14. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Hooray for DNA- and if mine were used to catch a killer or rapist, I'd be ok with that.

SkyBoomer likes this.
  15. winelover

winelover Active Member

Mick Jagger is two years older than this guy. 72 isn't elderly. It's not like when people hit their 80s and 90s. I've noticed at least a decline that came in my mother and in-laws as they inch up their 80s (my mom is 84, I'm 54).

I don't see him as frail. He just retired from his job 2 weeks before. Building tables, riding bikes, etc.

Has the last couple days been a shock to him? I bet it has. I can only imagine thinking you've gotten away with these horrific crimes and laughing at all the renewed interest. And scoffing at that letter McNamera wrote to him at the end of her book. Then all of a sudden you're caught.

If he indeed is on some kind of food/water hunger strike? Maybe that is part of it? Or maybe he thinks he could get put away in a hospital instead of general population jail?

I think he knows he can't get out of this, so is trying to find a way to make things the most comfortable as possible for him.

16. AgeofAquaruis

Yes had to be. Like James Burke. How hard was it to bust that sick Perv. How much did he get away with?Before he finally got busted? Just because he was a cop.

17. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I bet you are right! The title used in this article is a bit misleading, IMO and seems to infer that LE made a mistake using DNA. But the article then goes on to say that the Oregon man was eliminated as a suspect, and this was likely after they did a comparison of his DNA and the DNA of DeAngelo from the crime scenes.

18. AgeofAquaruis

I can't believe anyone is fool enough to believe the poor little guy act.
    There really is a sucker born every minute. Guys like little Joe count on that.

19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

laces likes this.
  20. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Police officers and neighbors witnessed him just the other day riding his motorcycle, building a table in perfect health. I trust them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.