CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he refuses to even drink anything he'll be in major medical distress very soon.

I hope the authorities know who they're dealing with here. If they're not careful they could have a dead prisoner on their hands in a matter of days. That will be the end of it, no trial, no punishment, no retribution. In a way, the people will be cheated of the full measure of justice. Life doesn't mean anything to a serial killer, not even their own lives. They're completely devoid of humanity. This kind of evil is beyond the natural realm. That's all I say.

The radical change in demeanor, etc says he's doing all this on purpose.

I agree with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting how quickly these old offenders lose their ability to walk into court without assistance.
The neighbors said he was making a table in the yard the day he was arrested, today, he’s in a wheelchair.
He was known for yelling obscenities so loud that people could hear him while they were in their homes, today he can barely speak, he’s now a quiet, meek old man who cannot walk.
:facepalm:

I HOPE so much some of those neighbors have given LE video footage of the serial killer yelling obscenities at them and their children, threatening to kill the kids for making " noise" and so forth.

He's playing what I'd call now " The Cosby Game", IMO. Cosby was old, blind and pitiful until the issue of bail came up and he screamed obscenities and said " He doesn't HAVE a plane", etc. If you read or watch the news, you've seen how he roared in the past day or so when the guilty verdict was read.

My opinion about the " sleepy state"? He's an active alcoholic and they are having to DETOX him safely to keep him from having a stroke or seizures.

You detox. an active alcoholic of his age who's in jail with Benzodiazepines. Some protocols are for Valium, some for Xanax, some for a mixture. It should take about 4-5 days at his age with a decreasing sliding scale of the Benzos. Doses are given for breakthrough tremors, elevated BP, pulse, or temperature ( also a sign of possible impending DTs).
He may have docs and nurses coming in, he be in a medical unit and not a gen. jail cell.

I am not sure, but I don't think he's in a hospital under guard with handcuffs, but he could be. I'm not sure if info about his whereabouts outside a jail cell would be released to the media considering his infamy and probably how many living family members of victims would love to exact their pound of flesh.

Doesn't matter to me how " pitiful" he looks to some bleeding heart, the man is a monster.

He can die next week as far as I'm concerned if he's given up EVERY BIT OF THE TRUTH and info on EVERY VICTIM. Especially his later love for the houses on or near the canals. What might he have dumped in the canals?

I am now wondering about this " stopped in 1986".
Maybe all he did was change his M. O. again.. stopped killing couples, went back to female victims only, stopped leaving the body in place in the house... had dumping sites like most SKs do.

The Grim Sleeper, Lonnie Franklin, Jr. from Los Angeles, CA was caught the same way, with Familial DNA. Based on that case, this guy had to know it was only a matter of time, before he was caught.

I'm so glad he finally got busted. It was a long time coming.

We have to remember how smart he was when he committed his crimes. Stalking, studying family of his victims and their routines. He didn't cuz get stupid overnight. He's faking this incapacity to understand what is going on. The only thing I'll buy is heavy sedation but even at that, once the sedation is gone, he's his normal, cunning self. IMO

I cannot believe, knowing what we know about who this guy is, how he manipulates people, the fact that he has never showed anything like shame or remorse, the fact that he maintained a TRIPLE LIFE for over a decade, the fact that two days ago he was making dinner for his household, and constructing a table in the backyard, the fact that he still rides his bicycle and retired only two weeks ago -- I cannot believe that anyone here really believes he is suddenly and thoroughly an infirm old man. HELLO?

There is a pic circulating (from right now) that they found the killer in the town hall meeting pic. Have y’all seen that yet? For whatever reason this site doesn’t always work from my iPhone. But I took a snapshot and I can’t seem to post pics. Hmmmm 🤔but a friend just texted me the side by side.

You need to listen. The judge asked him something and he literally doesn’t seem to get it. I think she put her arm on him because he is out of it and she is trying to make sure he understands completely. Seriously tho. Check it out. Who knows. He’s awful.

Yeah, but he was "with it" enough when he was arrested to let cops know he had a roast in the oven, and the police agreed to take care if it so his house wouldn't burn down or whatever.

He also was working until very recently, when he retired. ... At this point, he's both crazy like a fox and too smart by half, imo.

But I agree, the defense will try everything in their power to create sympathy for their client. And I bet they fight the DNA evidence tooth-and-nail.

I hope LE finds a cache of DeAngelo's souvenirs in his home or buried on his property. I wonder how much of the trinket jewelry ended up as a gifts to his (now ex) wife and/or his daughters...
:thud:

Right! No sympathy. What a monster! I am dying to know about the connection too. Someone uploads their DNA probably doesn't even know the guy and what a can of worms he or she opened (a good one but wow what a shock). I have heard DNA horror stories but this one takes the cake. I feel so badly for his sister and family. I can't even imagine. I have some distant cousins I don't know at all. I can't even imagine how it must feel to upload your DNA, trying to learn about your ancestry and be the key that unlocks one of the biggest, horrific mysteries of all time. Stranger than fiction.
Do we KNOW FOR 100% CERTAIN
That no child was conceived from any of the rapes?
I guarentee that if that were the case it would NEVER BE MADE PUBLIC!!
The identity of a child of his would have been protected for the safety of the child.
That also would explain how a GOOD DNA sample was submitted to a data base.
(Not something pieced together from multiple crime scenes)
One hit from a known bio child of his as a 1/2 sibling match to a DeAngelo's offspring would certainly make a lot more sense to me in trying to understand how all of this came about.

You hear of people every day finding out there is a sibling or a 1/2 sibling that was previously unknown.

I really wonder!
I know it is a story that would never be told.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EXCELLENT POINT! Thank you for reminding me about that. I think you're right.

He's FINE you guys. This is what he does, this is his MO. When Officer McGowan caught him during his EAR days, he whimpered, cried, uttered a blood-curdling scream of terror, pleaded "oh my god, don't hurt me, don't hurt me!" and then FIRED HIS GUN at the officer.

In the book, The Sociopath Next Door, the author explains that the number one way to tell if someone is a genuine sociopath or just another jerk is that sociopaths are experts at self-pity and playing the victim. He's putting on a show, I guarantee.

If he refuses to even drink anything he'll be in major medical distress very soon.

I hope the authorities know who they're dealing with here. If they're not careful they could have a dead prisoner on their hands in a matter of days. That will be the end of it, no trial, no punishment, no retribution. In a way, the people will be cheated of the full measure of justice. Life doesn't mean anything to a serial killer, not even their own lives. They're completely devoid of humanity. This kind of evil is beyond the natural realm. That's all I say.

I totally agree with you on both points. The feeble act is just him doing what he's always done, victimizing and then playing the victim, BUT he would totally commit suicide as the ultimate final act of gaining control. Thoughtful post, thanks.

Ha!
Nice.
I don't think he'd EVER kill himself.
He's too narcissistic.
Moo

I feel like he is so narcissistic he would kill him self- sort of meta, but the ultimate f you to all of us and his victims. I hope you are right though!!!

Jails have doctors on call 24/7. Some have nurses who work there, others won't have.

IF they already know he is refusing food and fluids, he needs to know that a feeding tube is in his very near future. An incarcerated person cannot commit suicide by starvation. The court has the right to order a feeding tube and also transfer to a hospital under 24 hour guard and in handcuffs and body restraint to keep him from escaping or pulling out the tube.
I think it will probably come to this.. I've seen it happen several times, personally, when an inmate has been brought into the E. R. for court- imposed tube feedings, IV fluids, the whole 9 yards.

Actually, he is a high risk for suicide now that he's in jail. Incarceration causes the loss of his ego boundaries because he has no say in what goes on in his life any longer. This is the most intolerable position possible for an anti-social personality disordered individual with rage disorder and overt violence. I worry about him being able to hang himself or cut wrists, etc more than anything right now.
I want him to answer every unknown question before he goes to Hell.

He probably enjoys the reaction he's getting from his 'act' by the court and his attorneys. He's in control of the situation. The picture of his lawyer reaching over to comfort him is creepy. They have no idea who they're really dealing with here. I understand the right to counsel he has under the law, but just watch them mount a defense full of bogus psychiatric testimony about his childhood, etc. Bring in the PTSD also from Vietnam, everything, the works.
No effort will be spared to picture him in a sympathetic light for the jurors. All they need is one person to vote not guilty. You get a mistrial and then it takes another several years to retry him. By the time they can convict him, he'll be in his 80's and really be a doddering old and sick man.

This is the pic a friend just texted me. Have y’all seen this? Probably but thought I would add for people like me who are a little behind the details of today.

Attachments

• 727CAFB8-F9BF-4067-983E-35D9DFFF49BA.jpeg
    727CAFB8-F9BF-4067-983E-35D9DFFF49BA.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 253
There is a pic circulating (from right now) that they found the killer in the town hall meeting pic. Have y’all seen that yet? For whatever reason this site doesn’t always work from my iPhone. But I took a snapshot and I can’t seem to post pics. Hmmmm ��but a friend just texted me the side by side.

I've seen it - it does look like him. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to those meetings.

I HOPE so much some of those neighbors have given LE video footage of the serial killer yelling obscenities at them and their children, threatening to kill the kids for making " noise" and so forth.

He's playing what I'd call now " The Cosby Game", IMO. Cosby was old, blind and pitiful until the issue of bail came up and he screamed obscenities and said " He doesn't HAVE a plane", etc. If you read or watch the news, you've seen how he roared in the past day or so when the guilty verdict was read.

My opinion about the " sleepy state"? He's an active alcoholic and they are having to DETOX him safely to keep him from having a stroke or seizures.

You detox. an active alcoholic of his age who's in jail with Benzodiazepines. Some protocols are for Valium, some for Xanax, some for a mixture. It should take about 4-5 days at his age with a decreasing sliding scale of the Benzos. Doses are given for breakthrough tremors, elevated BP, pulse, or temperature ( also a sign of possible impending DTs).
He may have docs and nurses coming in, he be in a medical unit and not a gen. jail cell.

I am not sure, but I don't think he's in a hospital under guard with handcuffs, but he could be. I'm not sure if info about his whereabouts outside a jail cell would be released to the media considering his infamy and probably how many living family members would love to exact their pound of flesh.

Doesn't matter to me how " pitiful" he looks to some bleeding heart, the man is a monster.

He can die next week as far as I'm concerned if he's given up EVERY BIT OF THE TRUTH and info on EVERY VICTIM. Especially his later love for the houses on or near the canals. What might he have dumped in the canals?

I am now wondering about this " stopped in 1986".
Maybe all he did was change his M. O. again.. stopped killing couples, went back to female victims only, stopped leaving the body in place in the house... had dumping sites like most SKs do.

You may well be right about the alcoholism. He has the physical characteristics, the facial flushing, the enlarged nose. The rage attacks. Drinking to forget. And, yes Librium is the detox drug of choice, which is barbiturate. Being doped up to detox, I can see. But I'm not sure why they'd even have him in court, then. It only takes a week to detox. And you're not in a coma. You're sleepy or asleep.

I do think he stopped in 1986, because he knew that DNA technology had arrived. And even meticulous as he was, he knew one slip, one infinitesimal amount of DNA and he would pay for ALL of his crimes. He wasn't used to being careful -- and it didn't work with his personal M.O.

Apologies if this was already posted upthread and I missed it — this thread is moving at rocket speed!

California ended its statute of limitations on rape after Bill Cosby. It may not apply to the Golden State Killer

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/golden-state-killer-statute-limitations-trnd/index.html

From the link:

California vows to prosecute all rapists, no matter how long ago their crimes occurred. But that may not apply to Joseph James DeAngelo, who police are fingering as the long-sought Golden State Killer.

Before September 2016, the statute of limitations in California for rape and sex crimes was just 10 years.

(snip)

However, that change likely will not impact the Golden State Killer -- believed to have committed 12 murders and about 50 rapes in the 1970s and 1980s -- because it does not apply retroactively, according to Laurie Levenson, a professor of law at Loyola Law School. In other words, the revised law applies only to crimes committed after January 1, 2017, and offenses for which the statute of limitations had not expired by that date.

(snip)

"Rapes that resulted in murders, there is no statute of limitations for the murders," Levenson said. "I think it's an open question whether we'll see independent sexual assault charges, but you'll certainly see them if they were part of the murder."

There is one caveat to the 2016 law, however. Exceptions can be made in rape cases if new DNA evidence is found later. Authorities used discarded DNA evidence from his home to arrest DeAngelo, Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones said Wednesday.

In any case, the capital murder charges will be more important to DeAngelo's prosecution than the statute of limitations for rape.

rbbm
Doesn't matter.
No statue of limitations on murder.
Jail is his forever home!
Moo

The Grim Sleeper, Lonnie Franklin, Jr. from Los Angeles, CA was caught the same way, with Familial DNA. Based on that case, this guy had to know it was only a matter of time, before he was caught.

I'm so glad he finally got busted. It was a long time coming.

We have to remember how smart he was when he committed his crimes. Stalking, studying family of his victims and their routines. He didn't cuz get stupid overnight. He's faking this incapacity to understand what is going on. The only thing I'll buy is heavy sedation but even at that, once the sedation is gone, he's his normal, cunning self. IMO

You are so right. He is very manipulative and actively lied to victims to throw the cops off the trail by telling victims things that clearly were not true. He is very dangerous and do not believe he has changed any. He is not dumb by any means.

If he did truly stop killing, he is probably relishing the chance for a cat and mouse game with the cops since he hasn't really seen any action in many years.

I don’t think he was faking. I think he was legitimately out of it. Don’t know if he’s refusing to eat, if they have him meds so he would, other issues. Maybe an act put on... but nah he seemed physically ouuuut of it.

at his age--even if he had been biking some--the stress of being arrested can cause heart problems--fast
I agree--maybe be an act...but very possible that he has problems after the arrest
https://www.medicinenet.com/stress_and_heart_disease/article.htm#how_can_i_cope_with_stress

Interestingly, more heart attacks and other cardiovascular events occur on Mondays than any other day of the week.1 This "Monday cardiac phenomenon" has been recognized for some time, and has long been believed to be related to work stress.
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/07/10/stress-heart-attack.aspx

And that is totally legit. I am new to this case and he is highly prolific so who knows. That being said I think they gave him an Ativan or something.

More like thorazine or haldol!
At the proper dose-
Of any other med, he should be able to interact like anyone else would.

IMO
He's in a chair because they don't want him getting hurt.
You can bet if he goes to a hospital, he'll escape.
He's kept up his activity well for his age.

Someone will fall for his act... in a week well be looking for him again if they admit him to a hospital.
Moo

This is the pic a friend just texted me. Have y’all seen this? Probably but thought I would add for people like me who are a little behind the details of today.

I've seen this picture before but couldn't match it up with the sketches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member