CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Because a cop who breaks the law doesn't think they are above the law, and can get away with anything. Up to and including murder. The shoplifting Dog repellant, and a hammer, freaking out and fighting when caught to the point of having to be restrained. was not a red flag. Hmmmmmmmm.
Seriously no wonder he was able to get away with what he did.
Tell his victims there were no clues, no red flags or signs right there. Tell the victims families, friends, and loved ones.

I think the shoplifting charge was a good indication that he had issues, and they obviously made the right decision to fire him. But I don't think it was a red flag that he was a serial killer, or even a rapist. Lots of people shoplift, and many even freak out when they get caught, but very, very, very few of them turn out to be serial killers. If a cop did the same thing today, I doubt he would even be fired. Most police departments nowadays are more than happy to employ cops with misdemeanor convictions.

I think the shoplifting charge was a good indication that he had issues, and they obviously made the right decision to fire him. But I don't think it was a red flag that he was a serial killer, or even a rapist. Lots of people shoplift, and many even freak out when they get caught, but very, very, very few of them turn out to be serial killers. If a cop did the same thing today, I doubt he would even be fired. Most police departments nowadays are more than happy to employ cops with misdemeanor convictions.

That's a bit worrying.

Agree 100%.
Me too. I don't get why anyone would worry about him being violated. Seriously.
You are either for getting this vile scum locked away, or you want to enable him. To go 'fishing' in his Golden State Killer years. I'm sure he was looking so forward to his retirement fun.
Because if anyone thinks he Wouldn't continue or strike again or that he hasn't kept at it somehow is exactly how scum like this get away for 40 plus years.

What 3 questions would people most want answered by JJD if given the opportunity to ask them and he was inclined to answer?
At this point, my 3 questions might be..
1- Did you ever feel guilt over any of the alleged rapes or murders?
2- Did you ever confide your alleged dark secrets to anybody?
3-Why did you not steal cash ?

What 3 questions would people most want answered by JJD if given the opportunity to ask them and he was inclined to answer?

My questions...

1) Did you commit any more murders after 1986

2) If not, why did you stop

3) If yes, who/where are they?

That's a bit worrying.
Maybe I'm over evaluating or something,but holy cow. Imagine if they would have gone hmmmm what's up with this guy? I have to wonder though if it was some Joe Blow Common Criminal if they would have been on him like white on rice.
I'm sure his victims have the same questions running through their minds.
This is who It's really about. So far as we know.
50 rape victims, 12 murder victims. Plus all his ransacking victims.

very basic questions with simple answers. NO , NO and Cash was of no interest to him.

The biggest question I would ask him why? did he have the propensity to rape and brutally murder woman the way he did? Why did he feel the need to bash their skulls in. Why did he take a 5 year Hiatus from 1981 to 1986.

Police officers and neighbors witnessed him just the other day riding his motorcycle, building a table in perfect health. I trust them.

That only proves that he is physically fit. It doesn't prove anything about his mental capabilities. I didn't read anything in the witness statements, that necessarily conflicts with the video of his court appearance.

Maybe I'm over evaluating or something,but holy cow. Imagine if they would have gone hmmmm what's up with this guy? I have to wonder though if it was some Joe Blow Common Criminal if they would have been on him like white on rice.
I'm sure his victims have the same questions running through their minds.
This is who It's really about. So far as we know.
50 rape victims, 12 murder victims. Plus all his ransacking victims.

A lot of these things are pot luck though, cops being human being like the rest of us they have their quirks so in one case someone would have noticed something off and taken a closer look, in this case they just didn't. The Yorkshire Ripper was caught during a routine traffic stop, and yet it was the umpteenth time he'd been stopped but the last time the police officer just thought to take a look in the boot. Harold Shipman was caught because one of his victim's daughters just didn't buy his story that her mother had died suddenly even though dozens of families had believed the same story before.

You always have to account for the human element.

Totally agree, and he knows that there is a whole lot he may not want to ever acknowledge or discuss in public forum, so why even look capable of it?
But yeah, pity moves are all that’s left for sociopaths when they have no control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the difference between a cush nursing home environment type confinment, hospital for the 'criminaly insane' or regular prison.
Turns my stomach that anyone thinks It's legit.
He's getting off on them, getting off on his lawyer patting his arm fawning over him, and playing along with his sick game.
I understand she has a job to do constitutionally, but ewwww.

There is the real problem. The evidence might not even be admissible. The court case will be very interesting.

Trust me there is no judge in America that would dismiss this case based on legality of how the DNA was acquired. This case is to grand and so many lives have been affected by this vermin. He will answer for his crimes. You can trust me on that one.

A lot of these things are pot luck though, cops being human being like the rest of us they have their quirks so in one case someone would have noticed something off and taken a closer look, in this case they just didn't. The Yorkshire Ripper was caught during a routine traffic stop, and yet it was the umpteenth time he'd been stopped but the last time the police officer just thought to take a look in the boot. Harold Shipman was caught because one of his victim's daughters just didn't buy his story that her mother had died suddenly even though dozens of families had believed the same story before.

You always have to account for the human element.
True that. I guess the what ifs,and coulda woulda,shoulda's will haunt anyone who worked this case,and had contact with him.
Hopefully in the future this will be a reminder,and a lesson to LE everywhere that nobody is above suspicion. Even cops. That way the good guys, can weed out the bad guys.

Just wanted to throw out a couple of comments--I'm local to this case.

As far as him being "frail" in court. Local news anchor Walt Grey has been observing him and trying to get that coveted first interview and he posted this this morning:

"Oddly, he is trying to stay in control. Appearing in a wheelchair with eyes barely open and his voice just a whisper. He is trying to control the narrative. "

Second, I'm not even sure if the police are done at his house yet. They've been going through it ever since the arrest, bringing out multiple evidence bags every day. My hope is that he saved some of the items from the crimes to totally sew up the case. The "it's not fair about the DNA" voices are getting stronger here and I'm hoping they don't sway the eventual trial.

Third, we don't have a death penalty. Yes, it's on the books, but we can't seem to get past "the initial tranquilizer shot might hurt the person, so it's too inhumane" which was the claim made the last time we tried, and nothing has happened since.

Thank you all to all that you do here. Amazing work bringing all the facts together.

It is widely reported that familial DNA through GEDmatch was used to find him. I'm wondering if this will help solve other cases like JonBenet, the Zodiac, and even Abby & Libby.

The Exeter Sun’s story about DeAngelo, with photo from 1973.
Deangelo_Article_ExeterSun_22Aug1973-1.jpg

There is the real problem. The evidence might not even be admissible. The court case will be very interesting.

I would like to believe the legalities of what LE did by using GEDmatch to try to find a match were thoroughly vetted from a legal standpoint.

If the way LE used GEDmatch to identify a relative of the killer/rapist turns out to be inadmissible in court, does that mean that the DNA samples LE obtained of DeAngelo himself (that were a match to crime scene DNA) would also be thrown out as inadmissible?

My understanding is LE was watching DeAngelo after he was identified as a potential suspect through GEDmatch, and they were able to obtain two DNA samples from items DeAngelo discarded. LE performed a DNA analysis of DeAngelo's actual DNA and it matched crime scene (s) DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie